Anyone have an only child reborn?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
EmilyD

Re: Anyone have an only child reborn?

Post by EmilyD »

Beachwalker Mandy wrote:I do get it. It would be so much easier to only have one. Or even only 5. :lol: This is one area where the old saying "Less is more" does apply. But I could never keep it down to only one or just a few. I had to complicate it to the max. :lol: And I do have many moments that I feel so overwhelmed.
Do you have a separate nursery for the reborns/dolls? Definitely you're right about "less is more" :toast:
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

EmilyD wrote:
WithloveSteph wrote:Not me, although at the moment it would be nice for space. I just could never be able to choose who stays. I love them all!!!
Do you think you'll feel differently once your second child arrives? I don't have any children, but I imagine having 0 interest in dolls, once the real thing arrives :lol:
I did when my first was born. For the first few months I did not even think about my dolls or reborning. But painting is the only hobby I really have and after a while I do miss it. Right now, dolls are not my priority, but I don't ever think I could completely give them up. There are phases I go through where they don't get much attention and I don't think about them much and then there are times that just love having them around because looking at them makes my heart happy. So no, I don't think I will feel differently. I feel that dolls are apart of who I am. They are what I am good at artistically and what I just love being around. They will get less attention I think, but, they will always have a place in my heart. :D As for only having one, after my second is born, I still don't think I could do it. I have about 9 dolls in my collection and I love them all for different reasons. I couldn't just have just one lol
With Love,
Stephanie
Tina

Post by Tina »

I will be back to just one baby again soon as Beatrix will be going to a new mummy in the near future, I wll be getting another baby but I have no idea who, I do adore Beatrix but I really wanted a new face in my nursery and as I said before, I like to keep my collection down to one or two and I do have my Everleigh coming home soon.
Watch this space for news of a new baby (you will know when I know who it is).
I hope you achieve your goal for a smaller collection soon. X
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

I only have one baby, she's not a reborn, but she will be the 'only child' for a while.
I am looking forward to buying for just one baby and focusing on her :heart:
I'm excited :elephant:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I wanted to add that, for me it is not a space issue, it is a mind issue.
When I have too many, I start to compare them, and unless I buy from the same artist, who has the same type of painting techniques, I will always compare, and that means some will fall short.

I don't like having a lot of things at all. I have a whole room to do what I want with, but at one point I did have a lot of dolls, and the room looked just right, but I was overwhelmed :( I sold all but 1 barbie, 1 Ever after high doll, and I had my silicone baby. Then I bought a reborn I saw at the doll show when I got home. I love that doll. Then I bought Saoirse, and that doll blew me away to the point where I could part with all the others and be happy with just her! I recently bought another doll. She is cute, but I find that every time I add a new one, I start to feel a bit anxious. :(

Right now I display my babies on book shelves. I have two book shelves. With only 3 babies on there...that leaves 7 empty shelves. I wanted to fill them, and even if one of my kids boomeranged back home, those book cases can be moved back into my room very easily. I said I won't buy more than the shelves will hold, but honestly I would rather get rid of the shelves, and just keep one doll.
My problem is that I am tired of losing money on dolls. I cannot sell my dolls for what I paid for them, and the reborns I want to sell I didn't pay much for in the first place. The silicone I couldn't even get a few hundred less, never mind getting the full price back.

Once I decide I want them gone though, I take what I can get, because once my mind is made up, keeping them won't be an option.
I need to stop looking at new sculpts, or just enjoy other peoples pictures, and be happy with what I have.
I went to the doll show this year, and the dolls I wanted badly were either not available, or out of my price range anyway.
The one I bought once I got home, I would like to keep...and usually all my dolls are girls, this one is a boy...so I mightl keep him too. One of each sex, and no more!
Mari

Post by Mari »

I have one and he will stay an only for a while. I do want a girl but I want a really realistic one and those are too expensive for me so unless I catch a good resale my little one will stay an only.
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

I have five dolls that I can not give up. The others I like, but could give them up if I had to, but I hope not to have to. :-)

Now there is one BIG doll that I NEED to give up because she startles my sons too much. She is my life size mannequin. They walk by the door of my studio and think it is me standing there. LOL!! I got her to be a nanny to my dolls, but really she takes up more space than I want to give her. Let me know if anyone is interested. :-)
Sis

Post by Sis »

I am not an only child--I'm the oldest of 7. :) I have 5 keeper dolls at the moment, and I love each one of them for what they are. Each doll has something that drives me crazy, just like each of my siblings. :lol: I can't imagine having only one doll, just like I can't imagine having only one sibling. It'd be so sad! When I was little, I loved having a huge dollie "family" to play with and take care of, and I still do.

If some people like having only one doll, that's wonderful--it certainly would save a lot of money! Multiple dolls are not so great on the piggy bank! :D
Tanda

Post by Tanda »

I love doll collecting and the variety of dolls so I will never have a small collection. Nothing has ever changed that over the years, not marriage or having real babies or slowing down when the budget was tight. I prefer to just look at and hold dolls and do not often change clothes or take pics so the buying for them is not an issue for me.
The wonderful thing about this lovely hobby is that there are so many ways to enjoy it and we can all collect the way that makes us happiest. I so love dolls.
Hugs, Tanda
lindsaybelle

Post by lindsaybelle »

Clemency is my only reborn and I can't imagine having another one at the moment. I'm so bonded with her I worry another doll would take away from that. But there are so many cuties that I'd like to have! Luckily, funds are low at the moment so Clemency will stay the princess for a long while!
CarlaKH

Post by CarlaKH »

Oh I wish I had kept my reborns down to maybe three....but now I have way too many due to a huge buying spree (I have struggled with compulsive spending off and on my whole life) and since I got about 7 or 8 within the last month or two, I am overwhelmed! I do have some definite faves that I feel close to, but I keep trying to rotate them all so they all get attention! Hah. One by one I hope to find them homes where they can be the star!
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I am hopelessly dolly addicted and while I think it would be awesome to only have one I just can't seem to stop. Luckily enough I don't have an endless money train so I do have my limits.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Evie_P

Post by Evie_P »

I have been searching for my "one" for a very long time. In the mean time, I have amassed a beautiful collection of babies and I adore them all. I think that I also appreciate them because through bringing them home I was able to get to know their artists and I see the time and effort and love that created these babies. It's just so special. I worry that I would regret letting them go ... but I have learned so much about myself and what I like and what I'm looking for that imagine if I do ever find "the one" I would be able to part with the others and pass them on. I wonder sometimes if a baby that I have neatly displayed but rarely cuddle might be another person's dream baby. It makes me feel bad :( .... Poor neglected little loves
Littleonesmariena

Post by Littleonesmariena »

EmilyD wrote:
Littleonesmariena wrote:I would love to have only one, but which one lol
It would be nice to just have a nursery set up for one baby
Maybe one day I will have the guts to do it and only have one baby
Meanwhile I love those that do have one and how they seem so happy to just have the one
How many reborns/silicones do you currently have? I remember seeing pictures of the crib for the babies, and how nicely decorated it is, and how you've set the "nursery" up :heart:

I need to redo pics of my nursery :)
3 older reborns cause they just seem to stay. Toddler reborn, Grace reborn, Saorise reborn
Paisley Awake Silicone and Elliot Arcello Silicone
Masterpeice full vinyl child
All my others are being sold or up for sale including my other silicones 2 is enough though I have a cloth body one being painted but not sure if will be a keeper.

I would love to just have my 2 silicones and am going to give it 2 months of thinking have marked it on the calendar if I still feel the same then the rest of the kiddies will be needing new homes.

I have downsized from numerous FUll body silicones and over 45 reborns over the last 6 months......and I am so much prefer my nursery the way it is now and I am seriously envious of those that are more then happy with the one baby
daniellebotto

Post by daniellebotto »

I like to have only one at a time. I have two right now and I certainly don't mind, but they take up room!
Baby hugs,
Danielle

PS. If you need any yarn or fabric please let me know. I have too much!!!!
breanne clare marie

Post by breanne clare marie »

I do currently--my Sunshine is my only doll. I am expecting two more to come soon...both bigger babies. I loved having her as an only child though, I could see myself scaling down my collection to only one again at some point.
"life began when i saw your face & i hear your laugh like a serenade..."
[edie roberta aka saoirse by bonnie brown as painted by stacey haskins!]
EmilyD

Post by EmilyD »

I'm enjoying reading all of the responses - thanks :) :elephant:
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

Sometimes I think back to when I only had Hayley (my electronic neonate at that time but is now my real care 2 baby). I really enjoyed having her as the only baby. She got changed every day, sometimes even twice a day because she arrived to me the day all my health issues started. I had to drop out of my second year of college due to my health issues and was dealing with bad hives 24/7 for a good year. During that time playing with Hayley helped take my mind off of the itching and pain. I would change her for the day in the morning and put her in PJs at night. I'd get up at 6 in the morning because of the itching so I'd take her and cuddle her on the couch while I watched TV. It was nice.

Sometimes I think it might be nice to get down to 1 baby again but I love every baby in my collection at the moment for all different reasons, so I don't think it's going to happen lol. I started to get a bit overwhelmed over the last few months but I realized it was because I was looking at them as a whole group that I needed to spend equal time with lol. Now I'm at a point where I enjoy just having them to look at and if I'm pulled to one particular one then I will spend time with that one and it has been quite nice. I know I do have my favourites in my collection that I tend to spend more time with and the ones that get less attention I have thought of parting with but then when I do I can't do it because even though I don't "play" with them much there is still something I love about them.

Basically, if I run out of room then it will be a matter of selling one to get a new one or I will just stop getting more altogether. As long as I have room I'm fine with having a larger collection now that I took the pressure off myself to do more with them lol.

So with that said I don't think I will ever get down to 1 baby again. I know there is no way I will ever part with Maya, Yuki, Savannah or Jeremy. Those are my 4 faves. :)
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

CarlaKH

Post by CarlaKH »

krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:S... I started to get a bit overwhelmed over the last few months but I realized it was because I was looking at them as a whole group that I needed to spend equal time with lol. Now I'm at a point where I enjoy just having them to look at and if I'm pulled to one particular one then I will spend time with that one and it has been quite nice. I know I do have my favourites in my collection that I tend to spend more time with and the ones that get less attention I have thought of parting with but then when I do I can't do it because even though I don't "play" with them much there is still something I love about them.
)
Krystle I am so glad you shared this....I think that is my probem too I feel like they all need to have equal time --but maybe I will just try to let that go and enjoy them as my collection and spend time to which ever one I feel drawn to at the time. And of course, little Isabelle Naomi is one of my forever keepers :)

Carla
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

CarlaKH wrote:
krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:S... I started to get a bit overwhelmed over the last few months but I realized it was because I was looking at them as a whole group that I needed to spend equal time with lol. Now I'm at a point where I enjoy just having them to look at and if I'm pulled to one particular one then I will spend time with that one and it has been quite nice. I know I do have my favourites in my collection that I tend to spend more time with and the ones that get less attention I have thought of parting with but then when I do I can't do it because even though I don't "play" with them much there is still something I love about them.
)
Krystle I am so glad you shared this....I think that is my probem too I feel like they all need to have equal time --but maybe I will just try to let that go and enjoy them as my collection and spend time to which ever one I feel drawn to at the time. And of course, little Isabelle Naomi is one of my forever keepers :)

Carla
Yes, I have found not putting that pressure on myself has made me enjoy it a lot more. Most days I'm just happy to look at their sweet faces as I pass by. :)

I'm so glad to hear how happy you are with Isabelle and that she is a forever baby for you. :D :heart:
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com