Anyone have an only child reborn?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
christineskeepsakebabies

Re: Anyone have an only child reborn?

Post by christineskeepsakebabies »

My problem is knowing how to make these dolls because I fall in love with the ones I make that should be up for sale lol . I end up keeping several at a time then slowly selling them off. By then I have made more I have a hard time parting with. I think its harder to let go of the ones I favor now, because there was 1-2 in the past I wish I had never sold and think sbout them every now and then. Crazy huh.
Right now my keepers are Junior (reborned and looks like my daughter as a newborn) , esme not painted but the one I do have painted I am so tempted to make her NOT sale , wait till I paint the second to see which one I like better and keep the one I like best out of the two. An adorable little AA Bountiful Baby Shayanne , and Quinnlyn (not painted yet). That is 4 dolls! I really think that is too many but I cant part with them *sigh* :-)
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Marita Winters wrote:I have five dolls that I can not give up. The others I like, but could give them up if I had to, but I hope not to have to. :-)

Now there is one BIG doll that I NEED to give up because she startles my sons too much. She is my life size mannequin. They walk by the door of my studio and think it is me standing there. LOL!! I got her to be a nanny to my dolls, but really she takes up more space than I want to give her. Let me know if anyone is interested. :-)
Oh Marita I didnt know you collect dolls as well! I would looove to see your collection :heart: :heart:
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I have toyed with this idea

When I first started collecting dolls some 9 years ago I became obsessed with the need for a new face all the time
I ended up with well over 30...a mix of reborns silcones and himmies with a few ooaks and minis too...they were all over the house :lol:
I was able to sell to buy, but then I became more discerning and chose more wisely so it became harder to part with them
I sold some keepers to get new faces (and bought 2 of them back lol)

I now have 3 silicones 7 reborns 2 ooaks and some minis

I have 2 silis and 3 reborns I would HATE to part with, but could part with the others albeit very reluctantly :(

The moral of my story is that I wish I had not spent so much money and had been more discerning in the beginning...but am happy to be in the place I'm at now, no longer in the grip of an obsession :)
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I have 6 reborns currently and 6 real children. Won't be having anymore real babies but I certainly plan on having more reborn babies! :-D only is lonely LOL
EmilyD

Post by EmilyD »

The Lollipop Cradle wrote:I have 6 reborns currently and 6 real children. Won't be having anymore real babies but I certainly plan on having more reborn babies! :-D only is lonely LOL
I definitely agree that only is lonely, as growing up being the only one, got really boring, and sad at times. I would see my friends with siblings, and desperately wish for a brother or sister
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

EmilyD wrote:
The Lollipop Cradle wrote:I have 6 reborns currently and 6 real children. Won't be having anymore real babies but I certainly plan on having more reborn babies! :-D only is lonely LOL
I definitely agree that only is lonely, as growing up being the only one, got really boring, and sad at times. I would see my friends with siblings, and desperately wish for a brother or sister
I am just the opposite, I am an only child, and yeah a few times I thought it would be nice to have siblings but I got over it and I am glad I am an only now :)
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

I like the idea of one baby, but as others have said, choosing is too hard. I have several dolls of different mediums I cannot part with and then one that gets the most attention.

I was always a one baby person right up until Christmas last year when I couldn't stop oggling at photos of Britney by Romie. She wasn't to be as I never found her but a few weeks into 2014 I adopted a second Ellie Brown and had twins. That broke a spell in some ways as you know how it is, if you can have one you can have two if you can have two....

What I will say is I never feel the need for a big collection, I'm blessed with a close bunch of friends who meet up regularly and between us we have plenty of babies to share :lol:

:grouphug:
Tina

Post by Tina »

jenlovesdolls wrote:
EmilyD wrote:
I am just the opposite, I am an only child, and yeah a few times I thought it would be nice to have siblings but I got over it and I am glad I am an only now :)
I totally agree, I am an only child and I have never been lonely, I was very close to my cousins as a child and we used to see each other all the time and I had lots of friends who lived nearby so I was never short of someone to play with.