Doll shows and safety

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
amandasbabies

Re: Doll shows and safety

Post by amandasbabies »

Awesome! We plan to drive Sunday morning!! I just bought one of those strollers that you put the infant seat in. It's not a full stroller, it's just to push the infant seat. I'm bringing that! Am I allowed to bring a camera and take pictures?
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

erin1958 wrote:I'm always a bit Leary of leaving the expensive babies alone in the hotel rooms but perhaps you don't intend to do that. I really doubt you'd get mugged for your baby. I think for the most part, dolly people are friendly, respectful, and great to have fun with. Have a super time.

There's a few I might mug for. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing I'm not going huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
stefnanny

Post by stefnanny »

I am a vendor at the Puyallup WA. show. I have done this 3x's a year for the last 5 years. I have never heard of a doll being stolen. But I have never seen a Romie Sili before either. But there are other ladies with expensive silicones and they all have strollers and even prams. It is such a wonderful atmostphere. It is a place where reborns are the norm if you know what I mean. Everyone can be themselves. I have even seen Living Dolls there. That is really cool.
Here is a living doll that came to the show

This one came as Barbie

Not sure who she is but she was a kick

Have a great time and take pics to show us. OH and what show are you going to?
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Most folks do NOT know the value of our dolls and would be - often are - bowled over when/if you tell them.

Take your dolls and strollers (and front carrier just in case they don't allow strollers, some don't) and enjoy.
You have an absolute right to ask folks not to touch your dolls or only touch their hands. I am almost positive
no one will give you a bad time inside or outside the show.

If you can manage to take a picture or two that would be nice but I know from my own experience it's often
overwhelming just being at the show with all those other doll lovers. :D (It's the BEST fun ever, IMO!)
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Sally - USA wrote:(It's the BEST fun ever, IMO!)
LIKE LIKE LIKE
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

Oh, you ladies are getting me more and more excited! I can hardly wait! How do I find out if I can bring a stroller? So, it's ok for me to take pictures with my camera?
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Take them and when you get there, ask.

Especially inside at the show, ask the individual vendors.
Most, in my experience, will say sure. Some won't. No
biggie. Just move along if they don't want pics taken.
Nanas Joyful Babies

Post by Nanas Joyful Babies »

The Toledo Doll Show is Ok for strollers. Jodi brought her twin stroller and wheeled my baby and her's around all day in it. We got a few funny looks from people because they were the only reborns in the house but that is OK. Carolyn carried her's around (and ended up selling her after the show!).
We can't wait to meet you at the show.......thinking of maybe doing a discount for all Forum members! LOL
hugs
Joy
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

Lets see if we can make this doll show more interesting. From what you all have told me, and the description on the website, this show is more about antiques and bears with a few reborn. Let's educate the public about reborns and try to get this show even bigger with reborns for next year!

Who here from doll-fan is vending at this show? What exactly are you vending?

Would someone like to start a thread about a doll fan get together at the show? Let's see how many reborns/silicones we can get to the show! Maybe we can get a group picture!

Are there any silicone doll venders hosting a table? Maybe Melissa McCrory? She live in MI!

Sorry, I don't know a lot of artists, not trying to leave anyone out.
Nanas Joyful Babies

Wonderful ideas Amanda!
Rita Rich is vending at this show. She does silicones now almost exclusively.
The four of us.....Carolyn Duff, Joy Franklin (me), Jodi Mayo and Sheila Wheeler..... are each vending a table in a four table configuration. Carolyn is selling reborns, some Apple Valley dolls, and a few little trinket items (bracelets etc). I am selling reborns, baby powder scented little sachets for drawers and nursery rooms, some older doll magazines, and some doll clothing sewing patterns. Jodi is selling reborns, and a couple of other items, and Sheila is selling reborns, and other trinket items.
Julie Molloy is not expected to be at this show but she was at Sauder Village Show in August. Her display was so fun to view! She has her area set up as a NICU complete with isolettes and monitors. Linda Heinlein and Michele Schwind (mother and daughter) also were displaying at the Sauder Show and will be showing at the DeWitt (Lansing) show on October 4th. but not at Toledo.
I am really getting excited for this show and would so welcome meeting you and others and getting people enthused for reborns!
hugs
joy
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

Can someone ask Melissa if she is coming? I will for sure be there with at least 3 people in tow.
StepheeZ1984

Post by StepheeZ1984 »

I am also intending on going to the Toledo doll show. I am going to bring my sweet girl (Freya Kewy) with me. Thank you ladies for your responses, they have answered questions that I also had.

Steph
Nanas Joyful Babies

Steph it will be great to meet you in person!
Our tables are in the Lobby area so stop by and say hi!
hugs
joy
StepheeZ1984

Post by StepheeZ1984 »

I will definitely stop by! I'm excited to attend and see the different types of dolls and things :)