Question about neck rings and limb plugs

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
nanaglenna

Question about neck rings and limb plugs

Post by nanaglenna »

How in heaven's name do you know what size to buy? I am not, nor ever will be a reborner, but I have a couple of babies that I would like to attempt to re-weight and make it so their heads turn easier. Answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

LollipopCradle_Paula

Re: Question about neck rings and limb plugs

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Okay this sounds crazy. At another reborner artists suggestion I tried and this worked. Super glue around the groove in the neck flange where the ring would go. Of course let it dry completely before putting the head back on. the head turns as easily as if it had a ring.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Maybe this post will help: http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f ... s#p2919539

I sell the rings for 50 cents each plus postage -- usually about $2 for 4 rings. If you go to the BB web site you can get more information on the rings. They were originally made for vinyl reborns. I use them on my silicones - they must be tight around the neck.....but they work great. Hope this helps, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

The Lollipop Cradle wrote:Okay this sounds crazy. At another reborner artists suggestion I tried and this worked. Super glue around the groove in the neck flange where the ring would go. Of course let it dry completely before putting the head back on. the head turns as easily as if it had a ring.
Sounds like a great idea....and will try it. Especially on the arms are just too small for the BB rings....thanks, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
nanaglenna

Post by nanaglenna »

Thank you Paula, I'm going to try that, at least I have super glue. :P

Ruth, I am on my way now to check it out! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.. :heart:
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

I used to use super glue too. It works great, but it burns my eyes too much when I'm applying it so I switched to air dry gloss varnish. I use the Delta Ceramcoat kind you can buy at craft stores. It works just as good as super glue! :D

Ruth, I'm hoping you can help me. What do you use to instead of a neck ring on silicone dolls that have full arms, if the arms are too small for the smallest size BB neck ring? :dunno:
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

EmilyLauren wrote:I used to use super glue too. It works great, but it burns my eyes too much when I'm applying it so I switched to air dry gloss varnish. I use the Delta Ceramcoat kind you can buy at craft stores. It works just as good as super glue! :D

Ruth, I'm hoping you can help me. What do you use to instead of a neck ring on silicone dolls that have full arms, if the arms are too small for the smallest size BB neck ring? :dunno:
On my William Taylor I used some plastic egg rings I got from Tap Plastic - they worked fine. I am always on the look out for something that will work. I usually just don't tighten the plastic cord as tight so they will move -- have also seen paper rings (i.e. get a tube the right side and cut them to size) -- but other than that not many of my dolls have full arms. If you find something, let me know! :elephant: Ruth
nanaglenna

Post by nanaglenna »

If I wanted to order some from BB or somewhere, how do I measure them?
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

I use crazy glue and put it in the ridges on the limbs, I wait about 30 minutes just to make sure it's all nice and dry, and it's like a miracle neck ring!
nanaglenna

Post by nanaglenna »

Ok, that seems to be the consensus so I guess that's what I'm going to do! Thank you all for your advice!
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

EmilyLauren wrote:I used to use super glue too. It works great, but it burns my eyes too much when I'm applying it so I switched to air dry gloss varnish. I use the Delta Ceramcoat kind you can buy at craft stores. It works just as good as super glue! :D

I use the same thing Emily. Works like a charm.
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

I have 20 of each plug/neck rings and every month I take inventory and order more! Bc I find it vital to use the plugs in EVERY doll and there's no way of knowing what size you will need.
Finea-Lulinas

Post by Finea-Lulinas »

krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:

I use the same thing Emily. Works like a charm.
Thanks for the tip :D I think I'll try it!
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

This is an old post -- but I am wondering how using super glue or something else compares to using the rings -- since the ring sizes are limited. What are others using. Thanks in advance. Ruth
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

This is an old post -- but I am wondering how using super glue or something else compares to using the rings -- since the ring sizes are limited. What are others using. Thanks in advance. Ruth