Presley kits on eBay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Presley kits on eBay

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Caz what did you mean by people are mad that the UK didn't get left out in the cold this time? I'm not sure I get your meaning cause it comes off like you are saying UK ladies are ALWAYS usually left without certain kits which I don't see how that is true??? Which kits are you unable to buy?
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Caz what did you mean by people are mad that the UK didn't get left out in the cold this time? I'm not sure I get your meaning cause it comes off like you are saying UK ladies are ALWAYS usually left without certain kits which I don't see how that is true??? Which kits are you unable to buy?
You're kidding? lol It wasn't that long ago an Eagles kit was going to be released at a doll show in USA for 'first dibs' we call it, maybe a Scholl one too I think. It would have gone down like a cup of cold sick if that show had been in the UK. Is this thread really not looking a bit narked that there may be a UK dealer? And if it's not, then why the mystery about not knowing BB had a UK dealer? Does it matter?
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

SharonL wrote:Yes, I agree. I don't begrudge anyone getting their kit, and I certainly am happy that the UK dealers are not left out.

I think many of us were just operating under a misunderstanding about how the kits were going to be handled. I must have misunderstood how the number of kits sold, was going to be handled, also. Now that I realize all of these realborns will be limited, I get it.

Certainly no offense intended to Mandy or anyone else in the UK.

And BB will always be one of my fave kit sellers!

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz wrote:
lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Caz what did you mean by people are mad that the UK didn't get left out in the cold this time? I'm not sure I get your meaning cause it comes off like you are saying UK ladies are ALWAYS usually left without certain kits which I don't see how that is true??? Which kits are you unable to buy?
You're kidding? lol It wasn't that long ago an Eagles kit was going to be released at a doll show in USA for 'first dibs' we call it, maybe a Scholl one too I think. It would have gone down like a cup of cold sick if that show had been in the UK. Is this thread really not looking a bit narked that there may be a UK dealer? And if it's not, then why the mystery about not knowing BB had a UK dealer? Does it matter?

Caz I just want to say I started this thread as an eBay rant although looking back maybe it does not read that way. :oops: I ordered a camera lens a month ago that was said to be in stock. It was not and shipped out weeks later to our dismay. Happened just recently with some eyes I bought too. Seems to be happening alot on eBay and is kinda a pet peave of mine. When I came across this seller I just assumed it was the same situation as from what I knew about BB, they do not have dealers. I did not stop to think that the realborns may be handled differently or like Ginny pointed out that the kits could have been overnighted. So again I apologize if I hit a nerve. I have never thought about how difficult it must be to get kits in the UK with the cost of shipping and custom fees, I did not mean to be insensitive to that. x
lifesabeachbabyKim

Look Caz, there are also kits that are completely unavailable to us here in the US so we ALL have to make sacrifices but I don't hold it against anyone. For instance we are completely unable to get Nines d'onil kits here in the US and as a matter of fact the few people I found who have them for sale(in the UK no less) refuse to answer messages from USA buyers and will sell to no one over here. I had to wonder why but still, no big deal. There are so many other fabulous kits out there. I still don't see how those kits are unavailable to you in particular as a resident of the UK. I didn't go to the shows this year. Didn't get either Knox or the new Scholl kit. Big deal. Lets not make this an international incident k? :)
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Ginas_reborns wrote:
SharonL wrote:Yes, I agree. I don't begrudge anyone getting their kit, and I certainly am happy that the UK dealers are not left out.

I think many of us were just operating under a misunderstanding about how the kits were going to be handled. I must have misunderstood how the number of kits sold, was going to be handled, also. Now that I realize all of these realborns will be limited, I get it.

Certainly no offense intended to Mandy or anyone else in the UK.

And BB will always be one of my fave kit sellers!

Caz I just want to say I started this thread as an eBay rant although looking back maybe it does not read that way. :oops: I ordered a camera lens a month ago that was said to be in stock. It was not and shipped out weeks later to our dismay. Happened just recently with some eyes I bought too. Seems to be happening alot on eBay and is kinda a pet peave of mine. When I came across this seller I just assumed it was the same situation as from what I knew about BB, they do not have dealers. I did not stop to think that the realborns may be handled differently or like Ginny pointed out that the kits could have been overnighted. So again I apologize if I hit a nerve. I have never thought about how difficult it must be to get kits in the UK with the cost of shipping and custom fees, I did not mean to be insensitive to that. x
It's no problem hun, honestly. No idea if Mandy is a full on BB kits dealer but she always does the BB kits, never notice many others but BB on her ebay. Yes I have bought from sellers like that where they don't have the item & it is frustrating.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Look Caz, there are also kits that are completely unavailable to us here in the US so we ALL have to make sacrifices but I don't hold it against anyone. For instance we are completely unable to get Nines d'onil kits here in the US and as a matter of fact the few people I found who have them for sale(in the UK no less) refuse to answer messages from USA buyers and will sell to no one over here. I had to wonder why but still, no big deal. There are so many other fabulous kits out there. I still don't see how those kits are unavailable to you in particular as a resident of the UK. I didn't go to the shows this year. Didn't get either Knox or the new Scholl kit. Big deal. Lets not make this an international incident k? :)
I'm not holding it against anyone, I have said before I don't even go for the sell out kits these days. I was reading it that it was the other way round, & if not then definitely apologies to the lady that started the thread. Mainly just wanted to clear up that the Presley seller did have them in stock when she listed them. It's all good.
Eileen in OZ

Post by Eileen in OZ »

Sorry to add to all of this now but I dont get on the forum much these days.
I was wondering about the kits being offered for sale in the uk myself today when someone posted a link to the latest ebay sale for Presley awake. I didnt know that Presely awake was released and checked with the bb site and its certainly not offered there. Ive asked a question to bb to see how its possible to sell kits that they themselves are not selling yet but they are probably asleep and I dont expect a reply till tomorrow. I wasnt aware that they had dealers anywhere in the world and if this seller has to buy through the website like the rest of us how does she have 10 kits for sale today? Simple question I thought. Sorry if anyone is offended by my curiosity.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Presley- ... 1339596476?
lifesabeachbabyKim

Eileen in OZ wrote:Sorry to add to all of this now but I dont get on the forum much these days.
I was wondering about the kits being offered for sale in the uk myself today when someone posted a link to the latest ebay sale for Presley awake. I didnt know that Presely awake was released and checked with the bb site and its certainly not offered there. Ive asked a question to bb to see how its possible to sell kits that they themselves are not selling yet but they are probably asleep and I dont expect a reply till tomorrow. I wasnt aware that they had dealers anywhere in the world and if this seller has to buy through the website like the rest of us how does she have 10 kits for sale today? Simple question I thought. Sorry if anyone is offended by my curiosity.

I'm with you on this Eileen. I have no clue but I am sure curious as to how this is possible. Would be nice if this all was explained to everyone ahead of time so everyone could plan where they are buying theirs from.
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

I saw that too...wow (Presley Awake being up already on ebay).

BB did specifically say that they were NOT pre-releasing kits to distributors...I mean we asked over at BB...and you know what? It actually isn't our business, I think people were more concerned about how many kits would be left over for the average person to buy after distributors had received their allotment. So that second part was our business (about how many kits would be available to the average person on the official release date, if it was going to be much lower due to pre-selling to distributors). And that's all people were asking...as far as I could see.

I guess I'm just puzzled as to why BB would say that if it weren't true..or if it was simply proprietary information, why they didn't say that: "At this time, information on how many kits will be released to distributors, and who those distributors will be, is proprietary." That would have been all good. If a piece of information is proprietary then it is. That's up to the company. Companies (and distributors) are allowed a certain amount of privacy too.

But the way it went down, given that BB had stated there would be no earlier-than-official-day sales to anyone, including distributors, of course people are going to wonder "What the heck?"

It was never a slam against one company nor one person. Really, it started out as a simple question because people wanted to know how difficult it might be to get their own kits direct from BB. I don't feel like that was an outrageous thing to wonder about, personally. :dunno: It's a legitimate thing to ask as people were surely wondering whether or not they'd have to be sitting at their comps frantically hitting the refresh button and hoping...you know?

It's just what happened after that that was weird, and naturally people are confused now, as the distributors' and BB's statements conflict. So sure, that we're going to be discussing. Seems pretty normal to me.

If it's all proprietary, that's fine. If BB is in fact selling to distributors before official release, fine too.
Image[/URL]
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

CaliforniaMel wrote:I saw that too...wow (Presley Awake being up already on ebay).

BB did specifically say that they were NOT pre-releasing kits to distributors...I mean we asked over at BB...and you know what? It actually isn't our business, I think people were more concerned about how many kits would be left over for the average person to buy after distributors had received their allotment. So that second part was our business (about how many kits would be available to the average person on the official release date, if it was going to be much lower due to pre-selling to distributors). And that's all people were asking...as far as I could see.

I guess I'm just puzzled as to why BB would say that if it weren't true..or if it was simply proprietary information, why they didn't say that: "At this time, information on how many kits will be released to distributors, and who those distributors will be, is proprietary." That would have been all good. If a piece of information is proprietary then it is. That's up to the company. Companies (and distributors) are allowed a certain amount of privacy too.

But the way it went down, given that BB had stated there would be no earlier-than-official-day sales to anyone, including distributors, of course people are going to wonder "What the heck?"

It was never a slam against one company nor one person. Really, it started out as a simple question because people wanted to know how difficult it might be to get their own kits direct from BB. I don't feel like that was an outrageous thing to wonder about, personally. :dunno: It's a legitimate thing to ask as people were surely wondering whether or not they'd have to be sitting at their comps frantically hitting the refresh button and hoping...you know?

It's just what happened after that that was weird, and naturally people are confused now, as the distributors' and BB's statements conflict. So sure, that we're going to be discussing. Seems pretty normal to me.

If it's all proprietary, that's fine. If BB is in fact selling to distributors before official release, fine too.
Does seem a bit strange the secrecy to it.
The Presley awake has been on there since yesterday & only 2 sold, that surprises me. I haven't got my Presley asleep from Tinks yet, not even the invoice for final balance, but I am wondering now if people are happy with the kit? Maybe they just all spent out on the sleep one & can't get the awake because of that lol
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:
Eileen in OZ wrote:Sorry to add to all of this now but I dont get on the forum much these days.

I'm with you on this Eileen. I have no clue but I am sure curious as to how this is possible. Would be nice if this all was explained to everyone ahead of time so everyone could plan where they are buying theirs from.

Yes this would be nice to know. Also since most know BB not to have dealers, it has left some (like me) to wonder if these auctions are legit. (sorry Caz) How queer that a dealer has them before they are even on the radar to be sold on the BB site! ~ :dunno:
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

CaliforniaMel wrote:I saw that too...wow (Presley Awake being up already on ebay).

Does seem a bit strange the secrecy to it.
The Presley awake has been on there since yesterday & only 2 sold, that surprises me. I haven't got my Presley asleep from Tinks yet, not even the invoice for final balance, but I am wondering now if people are happy with the kit? Maybe they just all spent out on the sleep one & can't get the awake because of that lol

Yeah I am on the fence about getting the awake kit. If it where just for me then I would pass but maybe buyers would like it?? I think right now 70% of me is saying pass and put the money toward Asher asleep.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Ginas_reborns wrote:
lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:

Yes this would be nice to know. Also since most know BB not to have dealers, it has left some (like me) to wonder if these auctions are legit. (sorry Caz) How queer that a dealer has them before they are even on the radar to be sold on the BB site! ~ :dunno:
It is bizarre, but I honestly think Mandy does have them in stock, will find out for sure the start of this week if anyone posts on FB they have received theirs, although still only 2 sold? I'm still waiting for an invoice from Tinks for the asleep one. Just had a look on there & it says due end of this month. Slow postage from BB or waiting on a second batch maybe.
Eileen in OZ

Post by Eileen in OZ »

I asked the question from BB and was told that they have no idea how this seller can do this. So Im taking it that she doesnt actually have the kits in hand as she states on her listing. Im pretty sure thats against ebay rules. Well it is here in Australia anyway. They told me to note that she says delivery is between 29th Sep and 6th Oct and this is 15days away. They go on to say that the awake kit will be released way before then. Its understandable that the seller might want to get in first with her listing but should be mindful about public perception of her actions and that ebay would take a dim view.
So based on what Ive been told I am assuming that they have not presold these kits. I would be hoping that BB are being truthful in what they are saying.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Eileen in OZ wrote:I asked the question from BB and was told that they have no idea how this seller can do this. So Im taking it that she doesnt actually have the kits in hand as she states on her listing. Im pretty sure thats against ebay rules. Well it is here in Australia anyway. They told me to note that she says delivery is between 29th Sep and 6th Oct and this is 15days away. They go on to say that the awake kit will be released way before then. Its understandable that the seller might want to get in first with her listing but should be mindful about public perception of her actions and that ebay would take a dim view.
So based on what Ive been told I am assuming that they have not presold these kits. I would be hoping that BB are being truthful in what they are saying.
I expect the Presley kits buyers received were a figment of their imagination then :lol:

This link says delivery tomorrow if I buy today. Mandy always does next day delivery. She wouldn't have express delivery on the listing if she wasn't doing it.
You may have missed this bit in the title... 'Reborn Presley Awake Kit LTD Edition certificate & presentation box(no eyes)
IN STOCK READY TO SHIP/POST'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Presley- ... 1339596476
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Eileen in OZ wrote:I asked the question from BB and was told that they have no idea how this seller can do this. So Im taking it that she doesnt actually have the kits in hand as she states on her listing. Im pretty sure thats against ebay rules. Well it is here in Australia anyway. They told me to note that she says delivery is between 29th Sep and 6th Oct and this is 15days away. They go on to say that the awake kit will be released way before then. Its understandable that the seller might want to get in first with her listing but should be mindful about public perception of her actions and that ebay would take a dim view.
I expect the Presley kits buyers received were a figment of their imagination then :lol:

This link says delivery tomorrow if I buy today. Mandy always does next day delivery. She wouldn't have express delivery on the listing if she wasn't doing it.
You may have missed this bit in the title... 'Reborn Presley Awake Kit LTD Edition certificate & presentation box(no eyes)
IN STOCK READY TO SHIP/POST'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Presley- ... 1339596476

Well if BB has no idea how she got them then I guess that settles that! If people are leaving feedback that they received Presley awake from her then I would have to cry foul.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I've decided to jump off the "Realborn" bandwagon and just watch the drama from here.

I liked Presley asleep, and I like Presley awake too, but it only takes one dealer to make people go, "Huh?" And BB should know if there's been a release to ANYONE of the Presley awake kits yet. So if they are saying no release yet, I'd believe them.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
lifesabeachbabyKim

Has anyone asked Mandy straight out if she actually has them? I have seen Mandy around on FB for the last couple+ years and she is respected as far as I can tell so I am not sure why if this is all a ruse to get the first business for Presley awake why she would ruin her rep so I am inclined to think she does have them but not sure why BB wouldn't admit to it. Very odd.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Has anyone asked Mandy straight out if she actually has them? I have seen Mandy around on FB for the last couple+ years and she is respected as far as I can tell so I am not sure why if this is all a ruse to get the first business for Presley awake why she would ruin her rep so I am inclined to think she does have them but not sure why BB wouldn't admit to it. Very odd.
I wouldn't think she needs asking personally, she posted on FB saturday last week that she had them & people received them the start of the week, she's stated on ebay that the Presley awakes will be posted straight away & arrive in 24 hours, I have bought from Mandy numerous times, but not BB, so I am probably biased. But I would bet a fair buck that she has what she says she has. No idea what the problem is though with why BB are saying otherwise. Bit of a mystery because both trustworthy sellers.
BountifulBaby

Post by BountifulBaby »

Mandy is one of our best customers. In fact, within all of the countries of the EU (European Union), she is our #1 customer. With what has happened, and the fact that it has *already* happened, and the fact that she is at the very top of our customer list in the EU, I have let her know that I will make sure she gets her kits. So, Bountiful Baby will stand behind Mandy on this.

We publicly and privately ask and suggest to all dealers that they do not pre-sell these kits, because since they are Limited Edition, we cannot guarantee anyone will actually receive the kits that they want.

We've had two other dealers (not Mandy) also presell these kits, and then was not able to order them within the time window that they were in stock. I bailed those dealers out as well, using from the stock that had been reserved for our Customer Service department. But I really don't like doing that, and I really don't want to continue doing that. In fact, we *can't* continue doing that, because we just don't have the kits to do it.

Please, folks, the policy is "first-come, first-served", without pre-orders, and without regard to whether or not you are a dealer. And now I have already violated that internal policy multiple times for these Realborns. Please, I don't want to do that, and won't continue to do that. Please don't presell, and please wait until they are released.

But yes, Mandy will get her kits. I will make sure she does. And I have told her that.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby