Presley kits on eBay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Re: Presley kits on eBay

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

Mandy is out BB kits lifeline to be honest.
I guess all that explains why I still haven't got mine from Tinks yet then.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Well, I guess they figured they could be greedy and get away with it, and they were right! I know this put BB in a very difficult place, and they're lucky BB bailed them out. But the rest of the private customers got shafted. So three dealers got a jump on the rest. I think these dealers should be named so that customers know what their business practices are.

I reborn for myself, but I still think we need to know which dealers break the rules and don't seem to care the effect it has on others. Just call me peeved! :?
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Tinks buys hers from Mandy? So I guess if BB covered Mandy's :moon: on this, then I guess you'll eventually get yours, if Mandy gave BB the orders from Tink. If not, and she's selling them on ebay.... :dunno:

This is just too much. :( These dealers KNOW they're preselling...that makes me mad. :banghead:
SharonL
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

:shock: This really is not fair to all the world wide reborners when dealers are allowed to do this. So certain parts of the world will have their kits in hand days to possibly weeks before the rest of the world gets theirs? Their customers can have many already finished and on ebay before we even have received our notice we can now order the kit here. Then we still would be waiting for the kit to arrive before being able to start them. I think no dealer that chooses to by pass the waiting time for everyone to have the same chance to buy at the same price should be pampered and given the kits right away just to cover their butts. Most actual sculpts ship out to their dealers and then artists gives those dealers the go ahead to sell when everyone has their kits in hand at the same time. That way no one is peeved and cries foul.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

SharonL wrote:
Tinks buys hers from Mandy? So I guess if BB covered Mandy's :moon: on this, then I guess you'll eventually get yours, if Mandy gave BB the orders from Tink. If not, and she's selling them on ebay.... :dunno:

This is just too much. :( These dealers KNOW they're preselling...that makes me mad. :banghead:
Mandy & Tinks aren't connected, but I assumed the bit about other dealers pre ordering etc. It says on Tinks the end of september. It's no biggie to me, he's a custom order so not worrying about selling him reborned.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Well what is dishonest about this is Mandy says in no uncertain terms that she has them "in stock and ready to ship" according to what I just read from Nevin is that she does not. I mean I understand why she did it(to be the first as it is a dog eat dog world[or doll eat doll maybe]? lol) but it is no less dishonest. Or did I misread what BB just said?
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Well what is dishonest about this is Mandy says in no uncertain terms that she has them "in stock and ready to ship" according to what I just read from Nevin is that she does not. I mean I understand why she did it(to be the first as it is a dog eat dog world[or doll eat doll maybe]? lol) but it is no less dishonest. Or did I misread what BB just said?
Looked to me like they said she does/did have them. The others over here, not. Yet anyway.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

BB bailed Mandy and two others out for Presley asleep.....and Nevin has apparently told them not to do it again....so, isn't Mandy now selling Presley AWAKE? And she says they're in stock, but further down in the shipping area, it says delivery Sept. 30th.

Bottom line is, we should all be told who the other two dealers are. We have the right to decide who to buy from.
SharonL
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

SharonL wrote:BB bailed Mandy and two others out for Presley asleep.....and Nevin has apparently told them not to do it again....so, isn't Mandy now selling Presley AWAKE? And she says they're in stock, but further down in the shipping area, it says delivery Sept. 30th.

Bottom line is, we should all be told who the other two dealers are. We have the right to decide who to buy from.
Aren't they UK dealers? Would be reeeeeally pricey from the UK to there, the kits are £90 here, translate to about $147 before postage. I only know of Mandy & Tinks selling them though. Not sure who the third would be.
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

Well, Presley Awake is in stock at BB now. I just got one :D

http://www.amysdollhouse.com/
Amy
Amy's Dollhouse
jillybean

Post by jillybean »

I just got a Presley awake too :elephant: Now I can have twins!
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

BountifulBaby wrote:Mandy is one of our best customers. In fact, within all of the countries of the EU (European Union), she is our #1 customer. With what has happened, and the fact that it has *already* happened, and the fact that she is at the very top of our customer list in the EU, I have let her know that I will make sure she gets her kits. So, Bountiful Baby will stand behind Mandy on this.

We publicly and privately ask and suggest to all dealers that they do not pre-sell these kits, because since they are Limited Edition, we cannot guarantee anyone will actually receive the kits that they want.

We've had two other dealers (not Mandy) also presell these kits, and then was not able to order them within the time window that they were in stock. I bailed those dealers out as well, using from the stock that had been reserved for our Customer Service department. But I really don't like doing that, and I really don't want to continue doing that. In fact, we *can't* continue doing that, because we just don't have the kits to do it.

Please, folks, the policy is "first-come, first-served", without pre-orders, and without regard to whether or not you are a dealer. And now I have already violated that internal policy multiple times for these Realborns. Please, I don't want to do that, and won't continue to do that. Please don't presell, and please wait until they are released.

But yes, Mandy will get her kits. I will make sure she does. And I have told her that.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

Thank you for clearing things up. I am glad you will not continue to do that however and stick with your policy. Also, if I may be so bold, would it be possible to announce on your site or here on DF a few days prior to releasing these kits the date and time of release? Notification emails are not going out on time and some of us are getting your emails days after. Some got the email too late for Presley asleep. Thanks.
BountifulBaby

Post by BountifulBaby »

Ginas_reborns wrote:... if I may be so bold, would it be possible to announce on your site or here on DF a few days prior to releasing these kits the date and time of release? Notification emails are not going out on time and some of us are getting your emails days after. Some got the email too late for Presley asleep. Thanks.
When I tried to release Presley Asleep last Monday morning at 12:01AM, there were so many people on our website that it was like a "Denial Of Service" attack (Google that phrase if you are not sure what that is). I couldn't even add the Presley Asleep kits to the website, because the website would not respond due to so many people on it.

So, I booted everybody off. Then I put the website into maintenance mode, then I added the Presley Asleep kits, then I took it out of maintenance mode and let people order.

The first order rolled in at 12:12AM. Then, within 8 minutes, we sold almost $30,000 worth.

We continued to have sporadic service for quite awhile. It was literally more than the website could handle. I "babied" the website (adjusting session time-outs, and things like that) to keep it running, but it was difficult.

Quite frankly, I don't dare do that again.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Aren't they UK dealers? Would be reeeeeally pricey from the UK to there, the kits are £90 here, translate to about $147 before postage. I only know of Mandy & Tinks selling them though. Not sure who the third would be.
I wanted to know in case the third one was in the USA. Yes, getting the kit from there would be very pricey. I buy mohair and patterns from the UK sellers occasionally, if they have what I need at the time.
SharonL
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

BountifulBaby wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:... if I may be so bold, would it be possible to announce on your site or here on DF a few days prior to releasing these kits the date and time of release? Notification emails are not going out on time and some of us are getting your emails days after. Some got the email too late for Presley asleep. Thanks.
When I tried to release Presley Asleep last Monday morning at 12:01AM, there were so many people on our website that it was like a "Denial Of Service" attack (Google that phrase if you are not sure what that is). I couldn't even add the Presley Asleep kits to the website, because the website would not respond due to so many people on it.

So, I booted everybody off. Then I put the website into maintenance mode, then I added the Presley Asleep kits, then I took it out of maintenance mode and let people order.

The first order rolled in at 12:12AM. Then, within 8 minutes, we sold almost $30,000 worth.

We continued to have sporadic service for quite awhile. It was literally more than the website could handle. I "babied" the website (adjusting session time-outs, and things like that) to keep it running, but it was difficult.

Quite frankly, I don't dare do that again.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

Gotcha! Since you ended up announcing the exact time Presley asleep would be released I wasn't sure if the emails going out at different times was intentional or not. :? For all your trouble I had no problems ordering, so thank you. At least there was an upside to the difficulty, a sell out! :wink: Congrats on your success with Presley. I look forward to reborning him.