Love the detailing on Presley

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Ginny W

Love the detailing on Presley

Post by Ginny W »

LOL when that HUGE box arrived here this morning I went what the heck did I order that big....... :shock: :shock: :shock: LOL in it was my Bountiful Baby Presley order. The boxes for the finished baby are wonderful and wow do I love the detailing in the parts! The head surprised me how big it is! LOL I have to keep in mind I have been hollering all along for a true newborn size baby to do and now my wish has come true!!!! :baby: :toast: ! I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but I wish many of the sculpting artists would look at the ears on Presley. I have so many kits where the ears are so thick and way to big for the doll's head. The lobes especially are thick and huge. Presley has such adorable ears!
I know I will not ever give up buying uniquely sculpted kits but am so glad there is also this type of kit offered as well. :dance:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Beth

Re: Love the detailing on Presley

Post by Beth »

How big is his head? Most newborns heads aren't but 13 maybe 14 in. cir. at most at birth. So how big is it?
In Silvia's auction with her hubby holding him his head didn't look all that little. KWIM!
Hugs,
Beth
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

No the head is actual human sized head @14 inches. It is a very nicely shaped head in back instead of the "shelf" many heads are made with. Those are so hard to root and not have the hair stick out in back. It just takes me forever to root even a 12 inch head...
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Beth

Post by Beth »

Ginny W wrote:No the head is actual human sized head @14 inches. It is a very nicely shaped head in back instead of the "shelf" many heads are made with. Those are so hard to root and not have the hair stick out in back. It just takes me forever to root even a 12 inch head...
Yes rooting a preemie head takes me 4-ever. And this head was going to be rooted and not painted. I may have to rethink that.
Hugs,
Beth
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

I work in a hospital and although 15 inch heads are big it is definitely not unheard of.
I am super excited to hear about Presley!!
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

My niece was born with over a 16" head but doctors get very concerned. Head seemed so large for her tiny body for the longest time. They made her go in every 3 months and they kept measuring her head.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

He is great I am very pleased with him too. x
Beth

Post by Beth »

TinyTimms_Doris wrote:I work in a hospital and although 15 inch heads are big it is definitely not unheard of.
I am super excited to hear about Presley!!
I'm talking on average you can tell that the real Presley is a new baby by his little belly button.
Hugs,
Beth
Beth

Post by Beth »

Ginny W wrote:No the head is actual human sized head @14 inches. It is a very nicely shaped head in back instead of the "shelf" many heads are made with. Those are so hard to root and not have the hair stick out in back. It just takes me forever to root even a 12 inch head...
Wow I got mine today I luv the vinyl color. And his feet oh my goodness are feet with arches and luv the bowed little legs. His limbs
have the right amount of newborn fat on them. But his head size I don't think I'll root it like I had planned on his ears are great
I also love the long slender newborn fingers. They are sweet.
Hugs,
Beth
Judith19

Post by Judith19 »

Waiting, waiting, waiting~~~~~~~ :heart: :heart:
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

Susy

Post by Susy »

As someone that works with neonates and newborns daily, this kit is cream of the crop!!! Best I've seen. I think this new technology will change the reborn world. I can see, in the future, where you can send a picture of your real newborn baby and order a kit to match. Wouldn't that be something?? Wow, the ideas are endless. Though, I'll always be amazed how an artist can take a ball of clay and sculpt it into a person, baby, etc. Technology always changes the world but, an artist touch is always special. :wink:
You are right about the ears, just perfect. I too love the color and the feel of the vinyl. So, nice to have a beautiful, realistic kit that is affordable too.
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

hmmmm..might better get my hair painting brushes primed eh? :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

With computer capabilities, BB is able to make this kit as large or as small as they choose to. If they wanted to make it 22" they could and if they wanted it to be 10", they could. Since kits shrink by approximately 10% from the original, they likely made the mold slightly larger than the actual real baby.