Presley is here already!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KrisMButtercup

Presley is here already!

Post by KrisMButtercup »

Wow, Bountiful Baby does it again -- super fast shipping! My Presley realborn arrived today and I couldn't be more thrilled. He is gorgeous, even in unpainted kit form. Just cannot wait to put this one together!

KrisMButtercup
Judith19

Re: Presley is here already!

Post by Judith19 »

I got mine today, too, and I just want to say that Bountiful baby pulled out all the stops on this one~~~~the baby~~~the beautiful box~~~the birth certificate~~~he's gorgeous, the vinyl color is wonderful and the detail is so nice~~~~thank you again BB~~~ :heart: :heart:
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

KrisMButtercup

Post by KrisMButtercup »

I totally agree! BB rocks! I LOVE the perfect proportions on this baby. Proportion can make or break a doll and this realborn technique just kills it. I just can't wait to see what everyone does with their Presley!

KrisMButtercup
teresabsummer10

Post by teresabsummer10 »

how did u guys order when I first saw they were not in stock? do you have to be on a waiting list? how much did they cost??
Beth

Post by Beth »

KrisMButtercup wrote:I totally agree! BB rocks! I LOVE the perfect proportions on this baby. Proportion can make or break a doll and this realborn technique just kills it. I just can't wait to see what everyone does with their Presley!

KrisMButtercup
Proportion in a kit is everything mainly the limbs. I got my Presley today also and the vinyl color is great he's just beautiful. :D
Hugs,
Beth
KrisMButtercup

Post by KrisMButtercup »

I received an email and ordered mine about 7 AM. I saw they were still on sale even later that day.

KrisMbuttercup
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

So glad you like him! I am most impressed with his head!! Love the ears and the shape of it. Very lifelike I say. It does look like rooting him will be a task....his head is larger than I thought. I held it up to my Gemmas head (which I am currently rooting) last night and it is at least a half size bigger! x
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

teresabsummer10 wrote:how did u guys order when I first saw they were not in stock? do you have to be on a waiting list? how much did they cost??
According to the website, he is sold out. He was $79.99 and it was my understanding that only 1500 were being produced this year. BB retained the right to release future editions of Presley under different names. I ordered him Monday morning and got him yesterday and I am thrilled with him! I am planning on starting him yet today.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Ginas_reborns wrote:So glad you like him! I am most impressed with his head!! Love the ears and the shape of it. Very lifelike I say. It does look like rooting him will be a task....his head is larger than I thought. I held it up to my Gemmas head (which I am currently rooting) last night and it is at least a half size bigger! x

Yes on everything you just said. I feel your pain on rooting that head too... but did you also see he does not have that huge round bubble on the back of his head that many sculptors put on their sculpted heads? I hate rooting heads with those because it makes the hair stick out and won't lie flat no matter what you do plus all the extra rooting time needed. I have never seen a real baby with that coming out the backs of their heads so not sure why they do this.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

Ginny W wrote:
Ginas_reborns wrote:So glad you like him! I am most impressed with his head!! Love the ears and the shape of it. Very lifelike I say. It does look like rooting him will be a task....his head is larger than I thought. I held it up to my Gemmas head (which I am currently rooting) last night and it is at least a half size bigger! x

Yes on everything you just said. I feel your pain on rooting that head too... but did you also see he does not have that huge round bubble on the back of his head that many sculptors put on their sculpted heads? I hate rooting heads with those because it makes the hair stick out and won't lie flat no matter what you do plus all the extra rooting time needed. I have never seen a real baby with that coming out the backs of their heads so not sure why they do this.

Can you show me what round bubble you are speaking of please? I'm interested.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I got my Presley kits today too and love the kit. Both my boxes were dented in on one end though. They do not look pristine.

Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

sarahdaugherty wrote:
Ginny W wrote:

Sara I am talking about the sculpts where there is such a large back to the heads that stick way out. I don't want to name the sculpts and upset the people that did them but look at the back of the heads on the kits you get. Being you paint most of the heads you do it probably doesn't have any effect for you. I don't do painted hair so I have to root that large area sticking out back there and the hair then also sticks out away from the head. Our heads are rounded but they don't go way out away from our necks that I know of. :shock: :?
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

Ginny W wrote:

Yes I just finished rooting Ivy Marx who we all know to have a pumpkin shaped head :lol: I am so excited to root Presley as his shape really is something different! It should be interesting... :wink:
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

anjsmiles Angie wrote:I got my Presley kits today too and love the kit. Both my boxes were dented in on one end though. They do not look pristine.

That stinks Angie ~ I say give them a shout out and see if you can't get some replacements. Good luck ~
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

Ginny W wrote:
sarahdaugherty wrote:
Ginny W wrote:

Sara I am talking about the sculpts where there is such a large back to the heads that stick way out. I don't want to name the sculpts and upset the people that did them but look at the back of the heads on the kits you get. Being you paint most of the heads you do it probably doesn't have any effect for you. I don't do painted hair so I have to root that large area sticking out back there and the hair then also sticks out away from the head. Our heads are rounded but they don't go way out away from our necks that I know of. :shock: :?

I've never noticed, I will have to look. Yes I paint hair so probably why I've not noticed. I was interested bc my oldest boy when born had a large fat roll on the back of his neck. I loved it and have not seen a sculpt with a fat roll like it. Is this something that you would like to see in a sculpt or would it not work with rooted hair?
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Even some of the lines interfere when you root a head. When I was rooting my siggie Rainer, she has back head/neck ripples and I wasn't sure I liked how it showed through her lighter colored hair, so I rooted as thick as possible so it don't show through. Sometimes instead of making them look more real it kind of detracts from the sculpt.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery