Buyers beware!!!!! Update Please see last post

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Naekitas

Buyers beware!!!!! Update Please see last post

Post by Naekitas »

Buyers beware.

There are three of us...... There may be more.

Brittany from Stork Bites Studios.

Brittany offered a painted kit service I paid in full and I sent her my Zasha Taylor kit in June 2014. I have never received my painted kit nor has she returned my many Pm's or emails I sent to her for updates and status. Buyers beware. I know she received my kit as she confirmed and sent me one pic with base coats.

Please check her feedback. You will see the other victims feedback.
It's so unfair to have someone take your hard earned money this way!!!!!!

http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344619
Last edited by Naekitas on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pebby

Re: Buyers beware!!!!!

Post by Pebby »

I think she has done this for quite a while. im so sorry she has done this to you also. Is she on facebook? I just checked, she is on facebook under her studio name and she also has a blog.
Last edited by Pebby on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

Wow, I did not know there were any issues with this artist. I always have admired her work. How sad. :shock:
With Love,
Stephanie
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

There are many many issues with her. The way she accepts paypal is through a different person who claims she is her grandmother. However the grandmother is sketchy too. The addresses that they use hers is to a music store that she used to work at and the so called Grandmother (Art by Cleatress) is a commercial building. Just looking at her blog she is playing off of Brooke Nicole. She even goes as far as to use Nicole as her last name when that is not her last name. Her blog is almost identical to Brooke's blog. It is very very sketchy the entire thing.
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

WithloveSteph wrote:Wow, I did not know there were any issues with this artist. I always have admired her work. How sad. :shock:
:(
Same.
Very disappointing - this is happening far too much lately.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Didn't she say on the last blog entry that she recently moved from Maryland to Florida?

And on the blog entry of Sept. 2nd, do any of you three see your doll? There's one that is labeled as 40% painted. :dunno:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Naekitas

Post by Naekitas »

SharonL wrote:Didn't she say on the last blog entry that she recently moved from Maryland to Florida?

And on the blog entry of Sept. 2nd, do any of you three see your doll? There's one that is labeled as 40% painted. :dunno:
My kit is not on her blog. She never posted it but she promise me she would :dunno:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

What a nightmare this has been! a very sad nightmare!
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

WHAT is up with all these scamming artists??? Doggone it all, who can we trust anymore? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Sandis Doll House wrote:WHAT is up with all these scamming artists??? Doggone it all, who can we trust anymore? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
I am so broken hearted over this! I am also one of the victims in this...I have given this girl the benefit of the doubt repeatedly...I had( up until the 15th of August) spoken with her on the phone, through email and so on...She had promised to deliver on my painted kit and NOTHING! We discovered that the paypal address belongs to her grandmother, who has an etsy account the sells jewelry! We have spoken with her( the grandmother) and she originally promised us a complete refund and then the following day she said we would receive our painted kits as promised by Brittany...Supposedly, my kit was going to be shipped on the 18th of September.....well, I live one state away and tomorrow is the 29th....so apparently, another lie!
Myself, as well as the other two victims will do stop until we receive justice.....I pity this artist, Brittany of Stork Bite Studios for many reasons. She is a young lady of 24 years old, a new mom and also a wife....this is a very destructive way of life to take people's money as well as their products ( reborn kits that were shipped to her in good faith) and then stop all means of communication...She has our money and our products and we have nothing....

Her grandmother, Cleatress states that when Brittany is overwhelmed and feels like she is disappointing someone,she shuts down and will not communicate!....Well, I have news for her! We will NOT stop until we have justice~

Paypal is re-opening the case for all 3 of us and reconsidering their original decision....Sad thing is: This artist, Brittany who had been taking care of her grandmother because she had a heart attack ( Imagine that! if one of my daughter's did something like this, I would have a heart attack too)....Brittany has put her grandmother right in the middle of this whole situation! We( me and the other 2 victims) were given her grandmother's paypal address.. we thought we were paying Brittany of Stork Bite Studios and we actually paid Art by Cleatress ( who happens to be grandma! ) So she will also to a suspect in this Internet Fraud case we are opening as well!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Jenny wrote:
Sandis Doll House wrote:WHAT is up with all these scamming artists??? Doggone it all, who can we trust anymore? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
I am so broken hearted over this! I am also one of the victims in this...I have given this girl the benefit of the doubt repeatedly...I had( up until the 15th of August) spoken with her on the phone, through email and so on...She had promised to deliver on my painted kit and NOTHING! We discovered that the paypal address belongs to her grandmother, who has an etsy account the sells jewelry! We have spoken with her( the grandmother) and she originally promised us a complete refund and then the following day she said we would receive our painted kits as promised by Brittany...Supposedly, my kit was going to be shipped on the 18th of September.....well, I live one state away and tomorrow is the 29th....so apparently, another lie!
Myself, as well as the other two victims will do stop until we receive justice.....I pity this artist, Brittany of Stork Bite Studios for many reasons. She is a young , a new mom and also a wife....this is a very destructive way of life to take people's money as well as their products ( reborn kits that were shipped to her in good faith) and then stop all means of communication...She has our money and our products and we have nothing....

Her grandmother, Cleatress states that when Brittany is overwhelmed and feels like she is disappointing someone,she shuts down and will not communicate!....Well, I have news for her! We will NOT stop until we have justice~

Paypal is re-opening the case for all 3 of us and reconsidering their original decision....Sad thing is: This artist, Brittany who had been taking care of her grandmother because she had a heart attack ( Imagine that! if one of my daughter's did something like this, I would have a heart attack too)....Brittany has put her grandmother right in the middle of this whole situation! We( me and the other 2 victims) were given her grandmother's paypal address.. we thought we were paying Brittany of Stork Bite Studios and we actually paid Art by Cleatress ( who happens to be grandma! ) So she will also to a suspect in this Internet Fraud case we are opening as well!
Naekitas

Re: My pics From Brittany - I don't know if I will ever get

Post by Naekitas »

Paid Brittany in full June 2014. The one and only WIP pic I received in August of my Zasha kit. Base Coats Only!
I haven't received anything else to date. Not even a pic on her Stork Bites Nursery Blog

tinabloomfield

Re: Buyers beware!!!!! Update Please see last post

Post by tinabloomfield »

I for one, am so tired of seeing this kind of crap in the doll community. Not only do they ruin their own reputations, it hurst the rest of us as well. Why can't these people be prosecuted under fraud? I know that I bust my hump, to make these beautiful works of art, and customer service, is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE to me. These scammers that seem to be crawling out of the woodwork right now, just know they can get away with it, so that is why the keep doing what they are doing. Someone seriously needs to step up. There is evidence that can be brought to their local police. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

tinabloomfield wrote:I for one, am so tired of seeing this kind of crap in the doll community. Not only do they ruin their own reputations, it hurst the rest of us as well. Why can't these people be prosecuted under fraud? I know that I bust my hump, to make these beautiful works of art, and customer service, is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE to me. These scammers that seem to be crawling out of the woodwork right now, just know they can get away with it, so that is why the keep doing what they are doing. Someone seriously needs to step up. There is evidence that can be brought to their local police. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
We have gone to the police and made police reports in our state.....and have reported her to the Federal Trade commission for Internet Fraud....I can no speak for the victims before us.....but this has got to STOP! The artist who are not following through when their commitments have got to be accountable for their actions! They would be nothing, if it were not for our money.....So why not do the job they are paid to do in order to receive more work and make more money, instead of ruining their reputations!
terrimeyers

Post by terrimeyers »

Here's her FB page under a new nursery name. The storks delivery
https://www.facebook.com/thestorksdeliv ... e_internal
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

terrimeyers wrote:Here's her FB page under a new nursery name. The storks delivery

Can this be the same person?? She has a baby on eBay but it just does not look like the kind of work Jenny and the others posted that was done by the artisit.... :dunno:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSD-REAL-crying ... 1351227901
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Sounds like the same girl, only this ones says she is from Ohio, could it be Jenny Gannon? too much scamming going on, you just dont know who to trust anymore.
terrimeyers

Post by terrimeyers »

Ginas_reborns wrote:
terrimeyers wrote:Here's her FB page under a new nursery name. The storks delivery

Can this be the same person?? She has a baby on eBay but it just does not look like the kind of work Jenny and the others posted that was done by the artisit.... :dunno:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TSD-REAL-crying ... 1351227901
Beth

Post by Beth »

If you look in her photo's on FB this woman is white. Isn't the Brittany Jenny and others talking about an AA woman?
Last edited by Beth on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs,
Beth
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

No, this isn't her. She just has Stork in her name....she might end up regretting that.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?