TINA KEWY AND HER THIEVING WAYS: UPDATE

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Elisabettas Babies

Re: TINA KEWY AND HER THIEVING WAYS: UPDATE

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Gabriele that's horrible. 900 euro is a month's paycheck! :(
I'm so sorry for everyone involved. I almost got taken in the same "offer" Lisa bought from, when Tina offered extra Freya kits for cheap... I have one Freya that I got on the secondary market and she's so cute, I thought at the time about making a second one to sell. Thank goodness I didn't trust Tina from her past misgivings!! Now I will reborn and enjoy my Freya privately but Tina has seen my last penny, even on the secondary market. I don't want her to do like Tasha who now sells through a dealer and has never done good of her scamming.
CottageLaneBabies by Di

Post by CottageLaneBabies by Di »

Oh! my goodness! this is the first I've heard of this! and can't understand why anyone would consciously do that to honest hard working people! Such a shame that so many of you have lost out:)...that is really disappointing! WHY?
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

Gabriele wrote:Tina owes me 900 EUR. I had paid for one of silicone and never received anything. Nothing but excuses. I talked to my lawyer and he said a lawsuit abroad is very expensive. But I can always make a complaint to the police. Everyone that has been betrayed by her can do that. Maybe then she gets a penalty if enough people view them.

Hugs Gabi
Can you use the EU (European Union)laws, Gabriele?
Gabriele

Post by Gabriele »

No, Switzerland is not in the EU. But I think I'll do a police display

Hugs Gabi
Hugs Gabi
Lulababies

Post by Lulababies »

I boght and pay for Dawid and Jamie kits from Tina. I'm so angry too. I will never buy anything with Tina Kewy name...
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I see dealers bought sculpts from her and producing the kits themselves. I personally will not still buy them because she made money off those sculpts and I don't want any part of her or her sculpts after the way she has ripped so many people off and could care less. I still think people should be able to get her for internet fraud.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I honestly think it stinks that people are buying her sculpts to reproduce and then slamming other artists practices who haven't done nearly as much damage as Tiny Kewy has to so many people. It's just not right and really upsets me.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

georgeanne wrote:I honestly think it stinks that people are buying her sculpts to reproduce and then slamming other artists practices who haven't done nearly as much damage as Tiny Kewy has to so many people. It's just not right and really upsets me.
Yes. I rarely open up and rarely comment on dolls sculpted by her.

It is also really against my nature. I normally am very happy for ladies to have their dreambabies. I am so admiring the artistry that goes into reborning, i will admire babies for sale wishing some were mine. And with the silicone kits I sometimes yearn to paint them. It really does go against my nature to be hurtful and ignorant to ladies who has invested in kits or new babies.

But....then I catch myself thinking and imagining how very much more hurt there is among the collectors who never received the dolls owed to them. Hurt not just because they were cheated by Tina. but extra hurt because their plight has been and still is ignored by their fellow collectors and dealers who will reproduce and sell. the people one would expect support from....
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

georgeanne wrote:I honestly think it stinks that people are buying her sculpts to reproduce and then slamming other artists practices who haven't done nearly as much damage as Tiny Kewy has to so many people. It's just not right and really upsets me.
I totally agree with you Georgeanne. It is very sad indeed. I have always loved her babies. They have the sweetest little faces.
Hugs,
Nadia

CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

I have not responded because I have never owned a Kewey kit, nor a finished Kewey doll. But I have this one question: why on earth aren't people getting together to do something about this? Or even just individually...filing a police report?

I don't want to sound like I'm not sympathetic, because I am - I'd be infuriated if it happened to me - but obviously, posting about this on message boards hasn't done anything. I know you all want to keep the thread going to warn others...but only those who go on DF are being warned, and/or when people post on various FB sites...and there are many hundreds of collectors and artists (I'm assuming) who don't go on DF, and don't go on those specific sites.

The thread can go on forever, and more may be made like it, but there have been no results, so...what about figuring out how to file against this woman? Shouldn't she be in jail? Not to be dramatic about it, I'm serious...don't thieves go to jail? And defrauders?

I keep seeing posts about this woman...they pop up periodically, are bumped and so on...and so far there have been NO results from this method (at least as far as I know), so shouldn't something other than posting threads be done?

Again, I am NOT being unsympathetic, nor glib. I hope this post is taken in the right way. OP, you sound frustrated that people aren't all posting to this thread, but let's face it, they've seen many of them before..and nothing at all happened to Kewey, and the people who "bought" from her never got their kits. Maybe that's why people who have been victims of Kewey have simply stopped responding (because they only get more frustrated and nothing comes of it)? I am sure it isn't that they don't care...but rather that they probably feel it's futile. Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended. :grouphug: I feel for all of you.
Image[/URL]
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

CaliforniaMel wrote:I have not responded because I have never owned a Kewey kit, nor a finished Kewey doll. But I have this one question: why on earth aren't people getting together to do something about this? Or even just individually...filing a police report?
Mel,
I think a big part of the problem is that Tina lives in Greece. If she were in the US I think it would be easier to go after her.
Hugs,
Nadia

CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

NadiaK wrote:
CaliforniaMel wrote:I have not responded because I have never owned a Kewey kit, nor a finished Kewey doll. But I have this one question: why on earth aren't people getting together to do something about this? Or even just individually...filing a police report?
Mel,
I think a big part of the problem is that Tina lives in Greece. If she were in the US I think it would be easier to go after her.
Oh, I see. I didn't know she is in Greece.

But posting about her here still doesn't seem to be helping, so...again, maybe that's why victims just aren't responding like they used to. It must simply feel frustrating at this point, to post and post about it, but get no further toward either a kit or refund as a result.

I can't say that for certain since I'm not one of the victims of Kewey's scams...just that this is how I would feel about it.

ETA: Although I think if the idea is to warn others, in that way, these threads could help someone new to DF who was going to buy a Kewey (am I misspelling that? Just realized that). Again...just stating why I think people may not be responding the way they used to. JMO. :grouphug:
Image[/URL]
Rachie

Post by Rachie »

Tina is a despicable thief! Always was, always will be, it's disgusting how she treats people, yes her sculpts are lovely but they ain't that special to take the risk of dealing with her, they are many many genuine artists out there that you know you can rely on, hopefully the country laws will change at some point so she can be accountable for her actions, everyone needs to know about Tina's lies,so spread the word ladies, spread the word!
smiles Rach
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

My credit card Co was going to call her but I didnt have a phone number.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I don't want to sound like I'm not sympathetic, because I am - I'd be infuriated if it happened to me - but obviously, posting about this on message boards hasn't done anything. I know you all want to keep the thread going to warn others.but only those who go on DF are being warned, and/or when people post on various FB sites...and there are many hundreds of collectors and artists (I'm assuming) who don't go on DF, and don't go on those specific sites.

The thread can go on forever, and more may be made like it, but there have been no results, so...what about figuring out how to file against this woman? Shouldn't she be in jail? Not to be dramatic about it, I'm serious...don't thieves go to jail? And defrauders?

I keep seeing posts about this woman...they pop up periodically, are bumped and so on...and so far there have been NO results from this method (at least as far as I know), so shouldn't something other than posting threads be done?

Again, I am NOT being unsympathetic, nor glib. I hope this post is taken in the right way. OP, you sound frustrated that people aren't all posting to this thread, but let's face it, they've seen many of them before..and nothing at all happened to Kewey, and the people who "bought" from her never got their kits. Maybe that's why people who have been victims of Kewey have simply stopped responding (because they only get more frustrated and nothing comes of it)? I am sure it isn't that they don't care...but rather that they probably feel it's futile. Please take this in the spirit in which it was intended. :grouphug: I feel for all of you.

Actually except for those few sycophantic fools that gushed over her new real baby and her sculpting on her FB page :roll: I think it is helping a little bit. As long as these threads get bumped so new ppl can see the damage she has done then mission accomplished. Even if the ladies who have been scammed by her never file a claim or see a red cent from her if we prevent her from ever doing another sculpt on her own that is at least in a small way.. ..something. Now if we could just get dealers to stop buying her OOAK's to reproduce then we could truly say her dolly days are over. As long as we take a stand and refuse to buy or reborn any future kit by her then to me that is a successful boycott. I am not sure she could ever possibly recover from this. Another shining example of an artist sabotaging themselves and their standing in the community for no good reason. smh.

I guess what I am trying to say.. rather verbosely... is that as long as no one else gets personally hurt by her again and as long as new people can see her thieving ways so they think twice about purchasing a Kewy kit then at least there's that.
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

Pebby wrote:My credit card Co was going to call her but I didnt have a phone number.
I wonder how the people reproducing her sculpts gets a hold of her if those who were cheated or scammed cannot. Perhaps they would like to share?
gbabycreations

Post by gbabycreations »

Well this is news to me. I am glad this info is being shared...I will never buy one of her kits after reading this...such a shame. Its unfortunate but it is very hard to go after someone who has scammed you via the internet. I just don't get why these artists risk ruining their reputation...
chick1_26 aka Kelly

Post by chick1_26 aka Kelly »

i just wonder how many ladies that are on the bandwagon with boycotting tina and not buying any future sculpt she produces, will, in the end, turn tale and run and buy several kits of the next baby she puts on the market. i've seen that happen too. those ladies posted publically that they would never buy from a certain artist(can't remember now who, it was a good while ago, it actually could have been tina then too), but yet, when a new kit come out, they said, "oooooh, i caved and bought X amount of kits, i couldn't resist, it was sooo gorgeous!"

these few ladies are what will keep her in business sad to say....
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

chick1_26 aka Kelly wrote:i just wonder how many ladies that are on the bandwagon with boycotting tina and not buying any future sculpt she produces, will, in the end, turn tale and run and buy several kits of the next baby she puts on the market. i've seen that happen too. those ladies posted publically that they would never buy from a certain artist(can't remember now who, it was a good while ago, it actually could have been tina then too), but yet, when a new kit come out, they said, "oooooh, i caved and bought X amount of kits, i couldn't resist, it was sooo gorgeous!"

these few ladies are what will keep her in business sad to say....

I know, I think you might be right. Unfortunately for some unless it happens to them they don't give a damn that she is a crook and will buy from her anyway. My hope is that there are only a few of those that go back on their word.