TINA KEWY AND HER THIEVING WAYS: UPDATE

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Rachie

Re: TINA KEWY AND HER THIEVING WAYS: UPDATE

Post by Rachie »

Well if everyone does boycott her sales, she won't have a business, that's the best way to deal with her, I'M IN !!
smiles Rach
TeresaFromUtah

Post by TeresaFromUtah »

NinasPlayground wrote:I've been aware of her crooked ways for years...probably thanks to you, Lisa. And my honest opinion is that I haven't been responding to your posts because I agree with you. I wonder if that's the case with many other ladies on here as well. It's just such an obvious YOU'RE RIGHT!!! post, that people just nod their heads and move on.

On my own personal behalf, I'm sorry I haven't spoken up, Lisa. I'm one of the readers who hasn't commented. The posts that turn into the 12 page circus are the ones where people have something to argue about. And with Tina, there is no arguing. She is, and has been wrong for years. You, Lisa, are and have been right from day one.

I feel for all who have been stolen from by Tina, and thank my lucky stars it never happened to me.

I have two Kewy babies that I adore and will continue to adore. But will I ever purchase anything directly from Tina? Heck to the no!
I could not have said it better, or agree more!
This is my first post in YEARS, but I'm "coming out of closet" (so to speak :wink: ) to show my support and to say thank you Lisa!
FOR SALE! LOTS of DOLLS AND KITS! I need to update what is sold, etc. If you see something you're Interesting in, contact me by PM
http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z78/ ... t%20Album/
And also
https://s188.photobucket.com/user/teres ... e%25202015
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:
chick1_26 aka Kelly wrote:i just wonder how many ladies that are on the bandwagon with boycotting tina and not buying any future sculpt she produces, will, in the end, turn tale and run and buy several kits of the next baby she puts on the market. i've seen that happen too. those ladies posted publically that they would never buy from a certain artist(can't remember now who, it was a good while ago, it actually could have been tina then too), but yet, when a new kit come out, they said, "oooooh, i caved and bought X amount of kits, i couldn't resist, it was sooo gorgeous!"

these few ladies are what will keep her in business sad to say....

I know, I think you might be right. Unfortunately for some unless it happens to them they don't give a damn that she is a crook and will buy from her anyway. My hope is that there are only a few of those that go back on their word.
This is very true actually.
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

alunaandy wrote:I am not a reborner or a buyer of reborn dolls but I hate unfairness and what Tina has done to you ladies is unfair. :oops: She has offered kits and taken your money under false pretences... can't you put a topic on here asking for ladies who have been scammed by her to sign up and state how much money they have lost... then the whole total of her ways can be seen.
With this sort of publicity ladies won't risk buying from her again. It is so sad, :( as she is a good sculptor and am sure if she handled her business properly could be very successful. :grouphug:
Not just Kits: as Gabriela wrote earlier on the thread: also full payment of 900 Euro (approximately $1300) for a silicone. She never got her doll :roll:

She is not the only one.

Many of Tinas babies ARE lovely, but the person making these lovely babies has wronged many. I no longer will open threads showing Tinas babies anymore. I have taken a long time and deliberation before taking this stance. For two reasons: I find it hard to resist temptation and it is a decision I made recently and that was not an easy one. Secondly I risk hurting other collectors. But.... for me it is my only way to protest and themonly way for the community to distance itself. For those who still still buy her sculpts or her dolls, they do so knowingly.....
skhogan

Post by skhogan »

I haven't read through all the post so I don't know if anyone has mentioned it. What amazes me is that a top reborner who is well known has been doing prototypes for her. I find it hard to believe that anyone with integrity would even want to associate their work with her. Its a complete turn off for me.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

AnneXmedici wrote:
Many of Tinas babies ARE lovely, but the person making these lovely babies has wronged many. I no longer will open threads showing Tinas babies anymore. I have taken a long time and deliberation before taking this stance. For two reasons: I find it hard to resist temptation and it is a decision I made recently and that was not an easy one. Secondly I risk hurting other collectors. But.... for me it is my only way to protest and themonly way for the community to distance itself. For those who still still buy her sculpts or her dolls, they do so knowingly.....
I really understand where you are coming from Anne but it must be very hard as well. I have always adored Tina's babies. But I had such a terrible experience with her when I ordered an ooak from her that I swore I would never buy from her again. And this was long before all the stories started coming out regarding all the problems with her kits. I did buy an ooak of hers recently from a good friend as I loved the baby so much. But again this baby was made long before all the issues with Tina were made public.
The hard thing for me now is the new dolls that are being produced where people are buying her sculpts and then reproducing them. On the one hand when these dolls are shown I want to comment and say nice job on the painting or whatever. And when other members post pictures of these dolls I too feel like I want to say congrats on your new baby or whatever. But for me the bottom line is after everything Tina has done that is now all out in the open I don't think it is right for people to buy her sculpts and reproduce them. It's just wrong to reward someone that has treated others so badly. And there are my two cents.
:dunno:
Hugs,
Nadia

AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

NadiaK wrote:

The hard thing for me now is the new dolls that are being produced where people are buying her sculpts and then reproducing them. On the one hand when these dolls are shown I want to comment and say nice job on the painting or whatever. And when other members post pictures of these dolls I too feel like I want to say congrats on your new baby or whatever. But for me the bottom line is after everything Tina has done that is now all out in the open I don't think it is right for people to buy her sculpts and reproduce them. It's just wrong to reward someone that has treated others so badly. And there are my two cents.
:dunno:
Yes, yes and yes. I cannot but agree. It is one thing to be bad at buisniss. But for every baby that has been reproduced be it silicone or reborns there has had to be contact with Tina. It has been said many times that she is there to take peoples moneys when she is hard up and then never send the baby.

It may cause hurt to ignore posts on her babies but the hurt of betrayal both from Tina and perhaps even more so by the community must feel even greater.
Basically the doll community are Tinas enablers.
Create A Baby~Tanya

Post by Create A Baby~Tanya »

What I think is sad is for those of us that purchased osaks with rights to reproduce them for BIG $$$ and because she has ruined her rep people are saying they will never buy her kits again making it hard for those to want to reproduce the pre purchased ooaks they have had for year while they had made other kits first...

I still have some ooaks I purchased from Tina over 2 years ago with the intention of having them made into silicone and vinyl :(
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

As far as I know the issues with Tina goes way back in years.
I am sticking my head out now by asking if you were aware of Tinas ways at all when you took the chance and invested in her scultps?
It could be that you did not know, of course, but you have been a part of the doll world for many years, Tanya.

Ladies has been cheated out of silicone babies paid in full and further many more has been cheated for many, many, kits bought and paid for and not received.
Somewhere it has to end.
The only way to stop Tina is basically a boycot. I for one(do not misunderstand me: she is hugely gifted and makes beautiful babies) do not want to contribute in ANY way to risking more heartache among collectors.

I am sorry you, along with so many others, have lost out due to her dishonesty. Blame it on Tina not not the collectors.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Create A Baby~Tanya wrote:What I think is sad is for those of us that purchased osaks with rights to reproduce them for BIG $$$ and because she has ruined her rep people are saying they will never buy her kits again making it hard for those to want to reproduce the pre purchased ooaks they have had for year while they had made other kits first...

I still have some ooaks I purchased from Tina over 2 years ago with the intention of having them made into silicone and vinyl :(
You would probably be better off just selling them as ooaks. I think you would have a better chance of selling them this way. Anything that is reproduced now after everything has come out will be much more difficult to sell in my opinion.
Hugs,
Nadia

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

NadiaK wrote:
Create A Baby~Tanya wrote:What I think is sad is for those of us that purchased osaks with rights to reproduce them for BIG $$$ and because she has ruined her rep people are saying they will never buy her kits again making it hard for those to want to reproduce the pre purchased ooaks they have had for year while they had made other kits first...

You would probably be better off just selling them as ooaks. I think you would have a better chance of selling them this way. Anything that is reproduced now after everything has come out will be much more difficult to sell in my opinion.
I honestly don't think any of this matters as far as Tina Kewy is concerned. The only artist I have seen that her criminal ways caught up with her is Suzanne Roberson. I love her sculpts and have Toby but once all her bad acts came to light I don't think she is selling her sculpts or producing any OOAK's or silicones. She might have gone underground and so have the Ladies buying from her but I don't think so, I think she did herself in.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Girls I totally agree, the only way to show Tina what we think of her actions is a boycott, and I'm in.
Create A Baby~Tanya

Post by Create A Baby~Tanya »

georgeanne wrote:
NadiaK wrote:

I honestly don't think any of this matters as far as Tina Kewy is concerned. The only artist I have seen that her criminal ways caught up with her is Suzanne Roberson. I love her sculpts and have Toby but once all her bad acts came to light I don't think she is selling her sculpts or producing any OOAK's or silicones. She might have gone underground and so have the Ladies buying from her but I don't think so, I think she did herself in.

Yes Suzanne Roberson is still selling and yes underground and to be honest I didnt know about the vinyl kit issues with Tina as I have never followed vinyl kits aside from Bonnies at all really until I made Grace. I know Brenda has some too from long ago too. :(
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

georgeanne wrote:
NadiaK wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: I never knew anything about Suzanne Roberson :shock: :shock: :shock:
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

You should be able to find pages upon pages of things about Suzanne Roberson if you just enter her name in search here in General Dolly Discussions. Well I didn't see much but boy when I first joined for the next few years there was so much going on with Suzanne it was mind boggling.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

sooo...how has Tina not been prosecuted and sent to jail by now? :dunno:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

JaNan wrote:sooo...how has Tina not been prosecuted and sent to jail by now? :dunno:
Good question. Probably because she is overseas and it is just so hard to be able to do anything.
Hugs,
Nadia

lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Since there doesn't appear to be any threads on dollfan anymore older than 2-3 years who is Suzanne Roberson and what did she do?
dana

Post by dana »

NadiaK wrote:

I myself have OOaks from Tina that I plan to produce in silicone.. I had to pay for the production rights and for the sculpt .. I would NEVER get the money back out of what I paid .I paid for these items before I knew anything about Tina.. Yall may have posted on here but I have only been a part of the dolly world three years and two ( almost 3) on doll fan so by no means had I read all to know on doll fan when I bought the OOAKS . I don't think it is fair for anyone to expect me to throw thousands of dollars away for mistakes Tina made nor do I think my integrity should be questioned.
1. Tina has been paid by me so she no longer makes money on my sales..
2. I think my integrity speaks for it's self .. I pride myself on integrity .
3. I made special offers on my dolls to the ladies that I knew had been taken by Tina and I also donated $5,200 of the money I earned off of the sale of my silicones to
The March of Dimes in October.
4 At this point between the money I have donated and the money I have paid for the rights ,the sculpt, to have them mold and cast I am by NO means making big bucks... between the clothes, the fees , the rights, the sculpt, the mold and cast on a $3200 sale I brought home $700....... Yes $700 is a nice amount but nothing like the $3200 it looks like I am making ... Plus it takes a lot of hours to make these babies .
I understand all you ladies have a right to your opinion but I would appreciate my integrity not being questioned because I can not imagine any of you throwing away thousands of dollars just to prove a point . I totally understand if you do not want to buy my babies or say anything encouraging on my post ..that is your choice.
I know my name was not mentioned and I did appreciate it .. After reading all the post I just felt the need to justify myself.