Who was your first reborn to earn top $$$$ ?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lilybug_linda

Re: Who was your first reborn to earn top $$$$ ?

Post by lilybug_linda »

My first biggie was Henry.

I sold 2 for $2000 each. :heart:
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Bonniehaha wrote:
Marita Winters wrote:My first doll I sculpted went for $25.00 and i was thrilled. I used the money to buy more clay. :)
Exactly what happened with my first :D
Smiles,
Bonnie
I know I can speak for everyone when I say we are all soooo glad you both did! (What would we do without such little wonders to reborn as Buggy or Wee Yawns! ;) )
Jennifee5

Post by Jennifee5 »

Im not sure if your asking how much for your first reborn that sold or the first reborn to make the most money? I will include both just in case.

My first reborn to ever sell on ebay was Berenguer shy face and he sold for $65.00 :baby:
and my best sale on ebay for one of my reborns was Teagan Pratt and she sold for $1,300.00. :baby:
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

My first reborn I think was a Secrist kit sold for around $50.00 back in 2007 I was over the moon even though in reality it probably cost me money lol My highest priced ones sold between $1000.00 and $1800.00 . My average priced ones sell between $500.00 and $800.00 .

I dont sell much on eBay though. So I think I just sold three there. one for $1000.00 one for $500.00 and one for $250.00 lol and one that didnt sell at all lol.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Thank you ladies for indulging my curiosity. I never thought that from start until now there would have been such a difference! Thank goodness you didn't become discouraged and went on to create such beautiful babies. :heart:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
violet

Post by violet »

I am thinking my first reborn a Berenguer -( now I'm guessing ) maybe went for about 60.00 and that was when there were maybe 3 or 4 pages of reborns on ebay . That must have been 12 years ago .
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

~Marilyn~ wrote:Thank you ladies for indulging my curiosity. I never thought that from start until now there would have been such a difference! Thank goodness you didn't become discouraged and went on to create such beautiful babies. :heart:
I knew early on that I would not get rich doing this :lol: but I love it so much just the same(sculpting, reborning and pouring my own silis) that even if I lost money on them I would still find a way to do it on a smaller scale and I think there are a lot of other artists that feel the same way. Money be damned, ...must make dolls!!

This thread has been really interesting cause it is good to know even the most successful reborn artists and sculptors started out with meager beginnings too. Just like the rest of us. :)