Layla by Tasha

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
SeabeesWife10Tanya

Layla by Tasha

Post by SeabeesWife10Tanya »

I know I have been away for a long time but I am trying to get everything sorted out anyway I just ordered my first ever silicone baby and I am sooo excited!!! The baby is Layla by Tasha Edenholm so if you already have one please show us pictures/videos. Thanks
Dreambabies52

Re: Layla by Tasha

Post by Dreambabies52 »

She is such a cutie -when do you get her ? I have just bought my second silicone and Im totally in love with her :)
KekeLeo

Post by KekeLeo »

I have a Layla by Tasha on lay a way. Here are a few of the pictures Ann sent me. She did a whole photo shoot for me so I could see her lovely self! I can't wait to finish paying for her so I can bring her home. At least I have plenty of time to shop for her.

6113 61146115
SeabeesWife10Tanya

I ordered her a week ago today and Ann told me it would take about 2 weeks (not sure if that includes estimated shipping time too) so I should be getting her in about a week or so and I cant wait!!!
Dreambabies52 wrote:She is such a cutie -when do you get her ? I have just bought my second silicone and Im totally in love with her :)
SeabeesWife10Tanya

She is beautiful!!! Is she light or dark biracial?
KekeLeo wrote:I have a Layla by Tasha on lay a way. Here are a few of the pictures Ann sent me. She did a whole photo shoot for me so I could see her lovely self! I can't wait to finish paying for her so I can bring her home. At least I have plenty of time to shop for her.

6113 61146115
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Congrats Tanya!
I am keeping mine, she really is sweet!!
I might send mine out to be rooted if I can find a rooter I really like.
(if yours is rooted can you please pm me close up pics of her new rooting style? I didn't like the rooting I saw of hers, but supposedly she is micro rooting now)
Her silicone is nearly perfect IMO! I am so surprised this doll didn't sell out at this price :shock:
Here are a few pics:

Catherine

Post by Catherine »

SeabeesWife10Tanya wrote:I know I have been away for a long time but I am trying to get everything sorted out anyway I just ordered my first ever silicone baby and I am sooo excited!!! The baby is Layla by Tasha Edenholm so if you already have one please show us pictures/videos. Thanks
I have been thinking a lot about you Tanya and praying that you were okay! I could not remember your last name and then you posted!!!!!!!!! :dance: :heart: :elephant: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
I hope you will show us pictures when you receive your Layla, I don't even know what she looks like or where to go to try to find her. :(

Huge hugs,
Catherine :heart: :foryou:

WOW!!! Thanks for the pictures Jen your Layla is gorgeous!! Do you have a link to where I can see the one rooted? I don't mind looking for one myself, if Tasha has her own website. I found the place for pictures, Jen and Tanya. :heart:

KekeLeo your Layla is also gorgeous!! :heart: :heart: I love her skintone and her hair :heart: :heart:
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Catherine wrote:
SeabeesWife10Tanya wrote:I know I have been away for a long time but I am trying to get everything sorted out anyway I just ordered my first ever silicone baby and I am sooo excited!!! The baby is Layla by Tasha Edenholm so if you already have one please show us pictures/videos. Thanks
I have been thinking a lot about you Tanya and praying that you were okay! I could not remember your last name and then you posted!!!!!!!!! :dance: :heart: :elephant: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
I hope you will show us pictures when you receive your Layla, I don't even know what she looks like or where to go to try to find her. :(

Huge hugs,
Catherine :heart: :foryou:

WOW!!! Thanks for the pictures Jen your Layla is gorgeous!! Do you have a link to where I can see the one rooted? I don't mind looking for one myself, if Tasha has her own website.
Catherine, you can order her at http://www.dollconnectionstore.com/
She is $1999 and they do 12 month layaway.
The one I saw rooted in person before I got mine was Melinda's. The rooting was pluggy, Melinda complained, and Ann talked to Tasha about it. They said she now micro roots her babies.
I haven't seen any good up close pics of her new rooting style so I am curious.
Both Melinda's, and my Layla have nearly perfect silicone though (the only thing I can find wrong with mine is a tiny bubble on the leg that I can't even see unless the light hits it just right, and she has a 2" seam line on the back of her head, and because she was poured in two pieces it is a bit rough around her neck where it was attached...otherwise this baby is PERFECTION!).
I just didn't like the rooting on Melinda's, and a few other people that have (or had) dolls from her said theirs was pluggy as well.
If her rooting is better, I would consider getting dolls from her in the future with rooting, but want to see good close ups of the rooting first.

I can say my experience with Ann was wonderful, and this baby is amazing IMO.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks Jen, that is where I am at now reading and going to look at the videos also. I saw your pictures posted about the bubble and line, well I didn't know they were your's, do now because they correlate with what you just told me. I agree they aren't big "Out there in your face" mistakes.
Yea, not too impressed with the images so far of the rooting. If Tasha is trying to save a few cents by doing it herself, that isn't helping. I hope she took a class or two because the difference between good and bad rooting is like night and day and it will make or break a doll. :dunno: I realize it can be taken out, but with a silicone doll it is hard to get it ALL the way out.

I am glad you had a positive outcome with Ann, I have heard others say the same. If I could sell my old silicone(grrr) and a hospital (somo-plast) baby, I could possibly have enough for a decent down payment on a small silicone. I will have to chose wisely, I am afraid for me, I won't get another chance :lol: :lol: :lol:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Catherine wrote:Thanks Jen, that is where I am at now reading and going to look at the videos also. I saw your pictures posted about the bubble and line, well I didn't know they were your's, do now because they correlate with what you just told me. I agree they aren't big "Out there in your face" mistakes.
Yea, not too impressed with the images so far of the rooting. If Tasha is trying to save a few cents by doing it herself, that isn't helping. I hope she took a class or two because the difference between good and bad rooting is like night and day and it will make or break a doll. :dunno: I realize it can be taken out, but with a silicone doll it is hard to get it ALL the way out.

I am glad you had a positive outcome with Ann, I have heard others say the same. If I could sell my old silicone(grrr) and a hospital (somo-plast) baby, I could possibly have enough for a decent down payment on a small silicone. I will have to chose wisely, I am afraid for me, I won't get another chance :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had my Layla on order when I went to the doll show this year, so I was able to see Melinda's in person before I decided on hair for mine...hence, I got her bald!
I planned to have her rooted, but I do like her bald. I want to find a good rooter but the thought of boxing her up and paying all the shipping and insurance to and from, plus the cost of rooting has put me off.

Here is a video I did showing her flaws, and her hands and feet up close. I should do another one, as this one is kind of crappy. I just wanted people to be able to see them better when I was trying to sell her.
I have had quite a few silicones, and saw many in person, and I have to say I think this one is right up there with the best IMO
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

by jenlovesdolls » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 pm I had my Layla on order when I went to the doll show this year, so I was able to see Melinda's in person before I decided on hair for mine...hence, I got her bald!
I planned to have her rooted, but I do like her bald. I want to find a good rooter but the thought of boxing her up and paying all the shipping and insurance to and from, plus the cost of rooting has put me off.

Here is a video I did showing her flaws, and her hands and feet up close. I should do another one, as this one is kind of crappy. I just wanted people to be able to see them better when I was trying to sell her.
I have had quite a few silicones, and saw many in person, and I have to say I think this one is right up there with the best IMO
Thanks Jen for the link and the video, she looks great! Small flaws, I don't think they take away from her. Things that would normally be covered. Her silicone looks to be sturdy, I like that. I appreciate all that you have shared. :heart: :heart:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Catherine wrote:
by jenlovesdolls » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 pm I had my Layla on order when I went to the doll show this year, so I was able to see Melinda's in person before I decided on hair for mine...hence, I got her bald!

Thanks Jen for the link and the video, she looks great! Small flaws, I don't think they take away from her. Things that would normally be covered. Her silicone looks to be sturdy, I like that. I appreciate all that you have shared. :heart: :heart:
Considering some of the "normal flaws" (and some I thought were downright awful to be honest) I have seen on babies that cost much more than her, I would say her "flaws" are a non issue. I am a very detailed person though, so if there are ANY "flaws" I will notice them and note them. Just the way I am :oops:
I am paranoid of silicone breaking down, but this one does seem to be sturdy. Everyone else that has silicones from her has said they are still great after all these years, so I guess I shouldn't worry :)
KekeLeo

Post by KekeLeo »

SeabeesWife10Tanya wrote:She is beautiful!!! Is she light or dark biracial?
KekeLeo wrote:I have a Layla by Tasha on lay a way. Here are a few of the pictures Ann sent me. She did a whole photo shoot for me so I could see her lovely self! I can't wait to finish paying for her so I can bring her home. At least I have plenty of time to shop for her.

6113 61146115
She is the dark biracial.

She is supposed to be micro rooted, I will not know until I get her home how it turned out. The pictures look nice.
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
SeabeesWife10Tanya

The pictures are making me even more excited!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I think you will love her Tanya!
Melinda took hers to the doll show and everyone who saw her commented how much they liked her.
I will hunt down the few pics I took of Melinda's at the doll show and post them for you...the more eye candy the better right?!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

This is Melinda's Layla.

KekeLeo

Post by KekeLeo »

I found this video of Layla. She also has a box opening, a bath video and a powder video. http://youtu.be/Q8SLxL2dkYo
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

KekeLeo wrote:I found this video of Layla. She also has a box opening, a bath video and a powder video. http://youtu.be/Q8SLxL2dkYo
Thanks for sharing, that Layla is gorgeous!!! I still want to see really good CLEAR up close shots of the new rooting she does though.
I will watch the other videos she has now. I think I need to get mine rooted!
SeabeesWife10Tanya

Those videos almost make it too hard to bare...I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today so Tasha should be about done but I am so impatient.

Jen I am a horrible photographer but I will try my hardest to get good pictures of the rooting :)
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

SeabeesWife10Tanya wrote:Those videos almost make it too hard to bare...I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today so Tasha should be about done but I am so impatient.

Jen I am a horrible photographer but I will try my hardest to get good pictures of the rooting :)
You should be getting yours any time then if she started working on it right away.
Mine took about a month once she started, but that was because Ann went on vacation, and I wanted to see pics of mine bald first.
It worked out, because in that time I went to the doll show and saw the rooting, so I was able to make my choice on the spot as soon as I got pics of mine bald.
I think she looks good bald, but I would like some sparse rooting. I just need to find a good rooter at a reasonable price!

I can't wait to see your pics!