Paypal fees????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jenlovesdolls

Paypal fees????

Post by jenlovesdolls »

When did they start charging a fee to use their paypal credit (and your own credit card on file) to make a payment???
I never had to pay a fee when sending money before, this is BS!!!!

When I pay off my paypal credit I am closing it. If the only way to send money free is by using your paypal balance or bank account then that is how I will pay from now on, what a rip off! They charge enough in interest, and now they charge a $2.04 fee to make a payment :evil: :banghead:
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Paypal fees????

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Did you mean by F&F? I only thought they didn't charge for using your PP balance when you sent by F&F? I have always had to pay when I paid by CC(friends and family only)
Rhonda Junebird Nursery

Post by Rhonda Junebird Nursery »

I don't know about regular payments, but I sent a friend and family using my paypal balance which should be free and was charged for that too. Normally for transferring balance it is free.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I have paid by friends and family before to save people the fees and NEVER had to pay a fee! So by paying by friends and family I save the seller a fee but have to pay one myself??
I have paid by F&F many many times, never had this happen...I usually use my bank account or paypal balance, and I am pretty sure I used my bill me later once or twice (but I could be wrong)
I was just trying to save the seller some fees :( I had no idea it would cost me :evil:

I have used my credit card many times to pay this way and never had to pay a fee and that I am positive of...it had a fee listed for that too. The only thing that was free was my bank account but I don't have enough in there to cover the payment so used my paypal credit. Well now I know for the future.
Laurax

Post by Laurax »

It's getting ridiculous how much they are charging. Between this and eBay's BS, it's no wonder reborn artists are giving up!! :(
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I know there are alternatives, but when people are used to using a certain company they don't like the change. This is why they can monopolize us, and get away with it.
I was gobsmacked when I saw there were fees for every payment type, except my bank account. I wasn't sure if this was a new policy or what, because as I said, I never paid a fee to send money by F&F before. I have paid that way many times with all the payment methods so this threw me for a loop.
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I now always pay by bank account or credit card, but am charged fees if I use the cc
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I had money in my paypal account that someone sent me for some clothing I sold. The same day I used some of that money to make another purchase with paypal and they still charged me the fees. :evil: I don't think anything is free with them.
Hugs,
Nadia

jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

NadiaK wrote:I had money in my paypal account that someone sent me for some clothing I sold. The same day I used some of that money to make another purchase with paypal and they still charged me the fees. :evil: I don't think anything is free with them.
That is what I mean, it was always free to make payments. When I was picking the payment option earlier all but my bank account had a fee listed next to them :(
In the past it always said "it is free to send money" blah blah blah...they don't make enough money off us...I wouldn't be surprised if soon they will start charging us for just having an account with them :roll:
Tinylaundry by louise

Post by Tinylaundry by louise »

Sold a doll here this week, they took out a fee....
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Tinylaundry by louise wrote:Sold a doll here this week, they took out a fee....
When you are receiving payment they do take fees unless the buyer sends payment as "friends and family"
Paypal takes 4% of the payment you receive. If they pay as friends and family you don't pay fees, and in the past the sender didn't pay fees either, well I guess they caught on :(

I only send that way to people I trust, or if it is a small amount of money. I wouldn't recommend it for more expensive purchases, as you wouldn't be covered.
Tinylaundry by louise

Post by Tinylaundry by louise »

My DH tells me this is about the same as the cc fees would be, for now I'm just gonna suck it up until apple pay is online and more mainstream!
Mark_Haysman

Post by Mark_Haysman »

jenlovesdolls wrote:
Tinylaundry by louise wrote:Sold a doll here this week, they took out a fee....
When you are receiving payment they do take fees unless the buyer sends payment as "friends and family"
Paypal takes 4% of the payment you receive. If they pay as friends and family you don't pay fees, and in the past the sender didn't pay fees either, well I guess they caught on :(

I only send that way to people I trust, or if it is a small amount of money. I wouldn't recommend it for more expensive purchases, as you wouldn't be covered.
Yes that's right, if you're selling a doll or anything remotely expensive, then don't use F&F at all, there is no protection. When I'm buying things off eBay, and even paying for things from people on here, I always pay by (or ask for an invoice for) goods AND using funds from a CREDIT card, not my balance. That way I've got two levels of comeback should anything go wrong - the buyer protection from PayPal, and if they fail, the chargeback from the credit card.

Mark.
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

If pId s friends and family the sender is paying a fee and the recepient does not. On top of it the buyer looses Paypal protection. It is REALLY not fair to the buyer at all. Normally I take a mental note of who asks...and pass...
Seller needs to add it to the asking prize, that would be fair to the buyer and also the seller sould get the prize he/she is looking for. Unless there are other resons why a seller does not want the customer to have the protection :wink:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I didn't see a problem with it for this purchase, as I trust the seller.
I would never use f&f if I didn't, as there is no protection at all.
Any seller that asks for that kind of payment that I am not comfortable with it would send up red flags for me. I would rather they just add the fee into their price, otherwise I would pass on the purchase if they insisted on f&f payment. Now that I know they charge fees (unless you use bank transfer) there is no way I will pay that way in the future, it isn't fair for the buyer to have to pay the fees to save the seller fees!