I need advice- anyone hear from Jackie Surtess

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
tracylynn71

I need advice- anyone hear from Jackie Surtess

Post by tracylynn71 »

I really need advice, I just feel stuck. On April 29th I paid $233.00 to a lady to create a web design and extras to go along with it. Now that price is just for the design, I am loading it completely into my site. I was told right away it would be up to 10 weeks before she could start and I was okay with that. However it is now 25 weeks and my site is still not complete. She has done a lot of it, but there are some small details that are just sitting waiting for her. I was told 3 weeks ago that she had computer issues and now have not heard anything since. The design is beautiful, I just need the things finished like my page titles and then ofcourse the things that go along with it like my care instructions and COA. I even explained that I was sending out my 100th doll and thought that would be a perfect way to launch my new logo, but its as if it doesn't matter, so I sit here and wait. Its not like its something I can just have someone else do, she has the design. I paid double what I have in the past because I really admired her work, but her having my money for 25 weeks and not completing the job seems so unfair.

Thanks,
Tracy
Last edited by tracylynn71 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gbabycreations

Re: I need advice

Post by gbabycreations »

Wow....that is unfair, that is a long time to wait and not receive your design....if it were me I would be bugging her everyday. I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I definitely think you have been patient enough at this point.
Nanas Joyful Babies

Post by Nanas Joyful Babies »

I agree....it has been long enough. I would step it up a little in the "understanding" part and insist that this needs to be finished ASAP.
I am in the market for a website and would really like to not have to go down this route. Would you PM me who this is so that I can avoid the trap in the future? I already had a close call with someone 3 years ago and have been so skittish ever since to pick it back up. LOL
Good luck! You must be very frustrated by now.
hugs
joy
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

yeah I agree, I would be blowing up her inbox until you get some answers and results. This is definitely not fair.
Brenda_paintedangels

Post by Brenda_paintedangels »

I started to do what you did. I ask for some design ideas to start.
I waited a bit and finally she sent something. It didn't seem to be going
well..... so I pulled the plug. I decided to do it myself. But did admire her work.
And she did a lot of others. But seemed like it was going to be a long process.
You've been patient enough. Any way you can file a claim to get your money back? You have recourse if you paid with a credit card. Not sure how long with
PayPal. I hope you get what you paid for..... but I'd have to wonder
after this amount of time. Is she responding to you at all?
tracylynn71

Post by tracylynn71 »

Thanks ladies, I've been trying to contact her, haven't heard back in over 2 weeks. I am beyond frustrated.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

You need to get your money back and get a website from Wordpress or some other one that you can click and do yourself. Don't let her keep your money for doing so little and being out of touch. AND you're dependent on her to make changes, and she can keep your domain name....I've heard of people having to fight people in small claims court over websites.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
tracylynn71

Post by tracylynn71 »

Still no word from her and because of how she made me pay up front it's been to long to file with Paypal.
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I would contact Paypal anyway and ask if you have any recourse...maybe to file a claim of sorts that might light a fire under her if she thinks she is gonna have to cough up $$$
Dolly Hugs JaNan
donnadolllove

Post by donnadolllove »

Adding text and titles is the simplest part of web design. Do you know the log-in for your site? Does she use FTP? I might be able to help you or others here in such a simple matter. I have been working with my own site for many years so do have a little knowledge, lol. :baby:
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

that is so unfair to ask for all the money up front, I had my web site done by

baby-bits-n-bobs@sky.com Natalie,

I have changes done by here once a year for a small charge of £10.00 ( $.15)
if needed. Its a free one.

She also did my business cards and my template

So cheap I could not believe it.

www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
AnnetteS

Post by AnnetteS »

Well, I also have the same thing going. I have paid and received everything except: 1: need the page names and 2: errors to repair. Are there any others out here on DF that are having the same problems?
tracylynn71

Re: I need advice- anyone here from Jackie Surtess

Post by tracylynn71 »

Sunday will make a month since I last heard from her stating she had computer issues. I get things happen. But this is out of control. I paid 6 months ago payment in full was required I should not still be waiting for my template to be completed.
AnnetteS

Re: I need advice- anyone hear from Jackie Surtess

Post by AnnetteS »

Tracy, I have my information that I need all backed up on flash drives including any software I use. There is no excuse for her to not be able to use another computer to complete yours and my orders. I have so far been tracking all her accounts that I can find and sending emails including her tweeting. I will soon be going to internet fraud and her proxy website for help.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Hope you all get things settled...............More irresponsibity..............Hugs,Kathy
tracylynn71

Post by tracylynn71 »

Thanks unfortunately today is a month since I last heard from her. She is not responding to anything. I'm so upset about this.
lilybug_linda

Post by lilybug_linda »

That is not like Jackie! I've dealt with her off on for about 4 years with no problems.

Hope all is well :heart:
AnnetteS

Post by AnnetteS »

Jackie is well as she responded on her FB that she is having computer problems, which very strangely posted about 20 minutes after I sent out several email to various Jackie Surtess,s in the UK. So she is still alive and kicking. It should not take a month or more in Tracy's case to have computer problems sorted. Would you not thing that a person would have a back of their program and work? Most people may not have had problems a ways back but there seems to have been a starting point. I last sent out emails to all of her connections a couple of days ago again and still no response. That to me speaks volumes. If you or others have not had any problems perhaps you or others would be able to get her to respond.
Last edited by AnnetteS on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilybug_linda

Post by lilybug_linda »

AnnetteS wrote:Jackie is well as she responded on her FB that she is having computer problems, which very strangely posted about 20 minutes after I sent out several email to various Jackie Surtess,s in the UK. So she is still alive and kicking. It should not take a month or more in Tracy's case to have computer problems sorted. Would you not thing that a person would have a back of their program and work? Most people may not have had problems a ways back but there seems to have been a starting point. I last sent out emails to all of her connections a couple of days ago again and still no response. That to me speaks volumes. If you or others have not had any problems perhaps you or others would be able to get her to respond.

Seems like that request should come from Tracy, the one having the problem.
AnnetteS

Post by AnnetteS »

We are both working on it on our own - just thought perhaps Jackie might respond to some one else - that is all. Not looking for any one to fight battles. Sorry it was taken that way. I am just very frustrated and quite upset with this.