Painting hair lines on silicones?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
12_11_11 Liddy

Painting hair lines on silicones?

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

:hi ya:

I am really interested and more so as the year goes by, in perfecting how silicones are finished.

I absolutely stipulate good hair, perfect nail beds and beautiful matting, therefore... I am wondering if any of you sili artists can unveil a little about painted hairlines on silicones?

Working with silicone seems to me to be a challenge at best, so how does one even go about getting the pigmented silicone the right consistency to produce tiny, realistic looking baby strands?

Thank you in advance, from a curious collector :D
Littleonesmariena

Re: Painting hair lines on silicones?

Post by Littleonesmariena »

Hi Liddy :)
So far none of the silicones I have had that had painted hair had fine hairs like you can get on a reborn
they all seem to be a lot thicker and not very realistic..
have had it on around 8 silicones now....... :(
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Littleonesmariena wrote:Hi Liddy :)
So far none of the silicones I have had that had painted hair had fine hairs like you can get on a reborn
they all seem to be a lot thicker and not very realistic..
have had it on around 8 silicones now....... :(
Darn it! Both Bianca and Julitte Strydom have had them, I adored Bianca's in particular as it framed her large pretty face. I just wonder how it's done.

On saying that, I have a real baby around to study and she's always had a high hairline and everything stands on end :lol:
Renaissance Babies Tracey

Post by Renaissance Babies Tracey »

I prefer to use very fine mohair for the wispy hairline, it's usually finer than any brush stroke I can produce.
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Renaissance Babies Tracey wrote:I prefer to use very fine mohair for the wispy hairline, it's usually finer than any brush stroke I can produce.
Good point, I like that too!