Angry, frustrated and disappointed

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Cindy428

Angry, frustrated and disappointed

Post by Cindy428 »

UGH!! I traded a kit on Fb for one of my reborns, I opened the kit today to start on it and OMG! black pepper size specs ALL over the face, head and limbs! I have gotten a kit here and there with maybe one, but ALL over this kit! Now tell me how did the person I traded with NOT see that! I have mesaged her with no reply back...I am so frustrated! (Jola by Romie Stydom)
Shelby Lynn

Re: Angry, frustrated and disappointed

Post by Shelby Lynn »

Cindy, I bought a set of Jola limbs from someone a while back who had thrown the head out for being covered in black specks! The limbs I got still have many specks on them, but they are for a keeper baby I will eventually make myself, so I am going to try and cover them.

:( I wonder if it was something with that edition? Or a bad batch?
Misty

Post by Misty »

I'm so sorry! Recently Ive had the same problem with an ofelia! Black pepper spots all over it. I know the person who sent it to me didn't open it to know, and then I passed it on to someone else... That's when I found out. I've never had a kit with pepper spots before. Strange that it seems to be happening on more than one right now.

I hope your able to get this fixed. We just got the receipt from the supply store that sold it, and it's being taken up with them. I hope your able to do the same and that the merchants will swap them out.

Misty
BrandyBeayon

Post by BrandyBeayon »

I wonder if there is something new they are using in the vinyl because yes this seems to be happening more lately..
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

I have no idea, I am just really upset about it, and now she is not replying back to me
chelluvsbabies

Post by chelluvsbabies »

Cindy, I'm sorry this has happen to you :( Can you post a pic so we can see? Could you maybe try the zit cream on the specs?
Brenda_paintedangels

Post by Brenda_paintedangels »

I have wondered if it's because kits are kept in the plastic bags.
And over time it does that from moisture being trapped. Or keeping them in plastic tubs. I set mine out in a cabinet so they can get air. This is just
Me wondering. I can not say if this or isn't an issue.
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

its those black tiny metal like specs, I wouldnt see why keeping it in plastic would do that. I would think its something in the mold/vinyl itself but Im no expert Im just upset about it and hoping the person i traded with does something
here are two pics but its all over the front and back of the head and the limbs

bornanna

Post by bornanna »

Crap! That is awful!

I do not think the Oxy works on them either...Make her take it back...Get a refund from Paypal...and send it back..

:? :cry: :(
chelluvsbabies

Post by chelluvsbabies »

Oh I see. I hope the person you traded with makes this right Cindy. Sending you a :hug:
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

It wasn't me, just so you all know. I've had wonderful trades with Cindy and I'd never send out a kit with specks. I keep mine in the original bags and I've never had one go "speckly" on me. I don't know what could cause that.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

No it wasnt Sharon it was someone on FB
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Cindy, you need to go back to that group where you bought it, if the seller doesn't answer you, and tell her on the forum, that you have an issue with the trade and you NEED her to message you right away. She should have returned the kit herself, and not traded it to you.
SharonL
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

I know I will wait until tomorrow for her to reply She seems like a nice lady im hoping that she maybe didnt open the bag when she got the kit but thats very unrealistic.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I guess that's a possibility, if the plastic bag is somewhat opaque and not totally clear. But I would think those black specks would be visible through the plastic. :dunno:
SharonL
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

I was watching a video last week on You tube about this. She had painted her Jola as a custom order. The baby was finished being painted and the next day when she went to put it together black specks had suddenly appeared all over the sculpt. She had kept it in the plastic bag it came in after she had painted it.....very strange but obviously something is wrong with the Jola's. I hope this woman replies Cindy and something is worked out you both can live with. x

Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

thank you, she did reply but to be honest I dont want that Jola kit anymore, she said she would send another Jola but Im afraid after hearing all about this kit to get another....I dont know what to do now, I dont want to reborn one and then have the same happen
debbiesdreambabies

Post by debbiesdreambabies »

I don't think it is the plastic bags because I have found some on brand new vinyl, not kept in the bag. Kind of reminds me of the Himstedt green dots saga.
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

I don't think people realize how easy anything will transfer to the kits. I always wash my hands before touching a kit or a reborn. I have seen people complain about a kit only to have it sent back and find out that there is paint on the kit…... with finger prints in it. People also store the certificate with the kits, the ink will transfer to the kits. Any kit that I buy that has been shipped in a bag, I wash my hands, then I remove the kit from the bag, holding onto the flange only, placing it on white tissue paper; throw the bag away and wash my hands again before touching the kit. I store my kits in 2 gallon ziplock bags. I have, myself, not noticed ink or paint on my hands and touched a kit. I saw black on a kit that I had just gotten in the mail that day, luckily I caught it quickly enough I was able to clean it off. Come to find out, there was a flyer in my mail that the ink transferred to my hands. The reason I remove the kits from the bags they are shipped in, is that you don't know what that bag has come in contact with, ink from boxes, ink for shipping labels being printed off or hand written. It is always better to be safe than sorry where these kits are concerned.

I have a Jola kit here that is on layaway and she is perfect.