Angry, frustrated and disappointed

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LHargreaves

Re: Angry, frustrated and disappointed

Post by LHargreaves »

After having literally thousands of kits come through here I am 100% positive it is dirty molds and what I would consider a factory defect! These things are not a surface stain....they are deeply embedded into the vinyl.... you can dig a hole and get them out but they do notwash off because they are not a stain or a spot like ink. They are often hard t see and will get darker over time.... contaminants in the vinyl :( I sold a livia kit mint in package only to find hat a limb had these specs...thank goodness Gudren is a wonderful person and replaced that limb for my buyer. I have marx limbs here that just a few weeks ago I pulled them out to use with a head I have and bam one arm and one leg has these...... really sticks that we reborners get stuck with this kind of stuff when it is clearly a negligent factory operation :( Nothing will remove them
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

LHargreaves wrote:After having literally thousands of kits come through here I am 100% positive it is dirty molds and what I would consider a factory defect! These things are not a surface stain....they are deeply embedded into the vinyl.... you can dig a hole and get them out but they do notwash off because they are not a stain or a spot like ink. They are often hard t see and will get darker over time.... contaminants in the vinyl :( I sold a livia kit mint in package only to find hat a limb had these specs...thank goodness Gudren is a wonderful person and replaced that limb for my buyer. I have marx limbs here that just a few weeks ago I pulled them out to use with a head I have and bam one arm and one leg has these...... really sticks that we reborners get stuck with this kind of stuff when it is clearly a negligent factory operation :( Nothing will remove them
EXACTLY!! These are surely no stains, there are videos on you tube about this kit, and today more appeared...not nice that the scu[ptor did nothing to rectify the problem!
LHargreaves

Post by LHargreaves »

Cindy428 wrote:
LHargreaves wrote:After having literally thousands of kits come through here I am 100% positive it is dirty molds and what I would consider a factory defect! These things are not a surface stain....they are deeply embedded into the vinyl.... you can dig a hole and get them out but they do notwash off because they are not a stain or a spot like ink. They are often hard t see and will get darker over time.... contaminants in the vinyl :( I sold a livia kit mint in package only to find hat a limb had these specs...thank goodness Gudren is a wonderful person and replaced that limb for my buyer. I have marx limbs here that just a few weeks ago I pulled them out to use with a head I have and bam one arm and one leg has these...... really sticks that we reborners get stuck with this kind of stuff when it is clearly a negligent factory operation :( Nothing will remove them
EXACTLY!! These are surely no stains, there are videos on you tube about this kit, and today more appeared...not nice that the scu[ptor did nothing to rectify the problem!
I agree! This is a problem from the get go...... Sometimes I think they don't show when we sell or they are not as visible and in a short time they get worse and worse.... I think the people who produce these kits should have no choice but replace or refund! I have thrown away too may kits and lost money because of this kwim
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

I can certainly understand about you not wanting to take the chance on another. I can say though that I reborned my Jola in March and I have not seen any black spots on her at all. She's still happily sitting in her high chair in my studio so I definitely would notice. I hope you can get it worked out I think she's a darling kit.

http://www.amysdollhouse.com/
Amy
Amy's Dollhouse