Does anyone know who goes by the ebay ID of keckysfun? :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Does anyone know who goes by the ebay ID of keckysfun? :(

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I am in shock. I received a message today, a very nasty message from this person keckysfun a supposed fellow artist?

I tried to upload my screenshot to photobucket but it wasn't working so I copy/pasted instead:

To: beachbabies2014
Subject: Details about the item: keckysfun sent a message about Beach Babies Reborn Baby Boy Or Gir Doll $.99 NO RESERVE! Grab A Bargain!! #171509784590
Sent Date: Oct-23-14 12:21:55 PDT

Dear beachbabies2014,

a real bargain huh.. hah. yah its a bargain after you've bid it up! fraud!

- keckysfun

I am so hurt right now cause I have to wonder... is this what people are really thinking of me? I would never shill. That is dishonest and I am actually honest to a fault. Until today I have been overwhelmed and thrilled at the fact my doll has gone so high since I never in a million years thought she would go above 3 or 4 hundred AT THE MOST, hence the words "grab a bargain" in my listing title..

My single zero feedback bidder contacted me before she bid asking about using her VISA since she doesn't have paypal and I told her she didn't need an account with PP as far as I know she could just use her card. (this was all in Italian since she apparently lives in Italy and doesn't speak any English) That qualifies as contacting me first which is all I require for new ebayers. Then a few hours later she bid.

I am to understand that we as sellers now have to forbid zero FB bidders from bidding because we have to worry about people sending us nasty messages like this one if the bidding takes off? Is this what people are truly thinking of me or is this person on her own?

I want you all to be honest with me. Are any of you thinking I am shilling because my doll has gone high and I have a zero FB bidder? As painful as it is I would rather know the truth and be able to defend myself rather than people thinking it behind my back in pms and not telling me.

Hey I am not blind, I knew it LOOKS like it could be shilling but I can assure you it most definitely is NOT and I am not quite sure how to prove it without divulging the ebay ID of my bidder(who isn't even the top bidder right now) and getting her involved.

I haven't responded to Ms. keckysfun yet cause I had to wait for the tears and heightened emotion to stop. This just really hit me hard today and came out of left field cause I try so hard to be a decent person to everyone and make dolls my customers will love and I am trying to remain professional here and I had been so happy about the successful listing especially since I never do reserve-less listings and had been pleasantly surprised at the positive response to my doll. But to get a message like this from someone who has apparently never sold ANYTHING on ebay EVER is totally uncalled for and I would be interested to know what proof she has. I mean do people usually go and write to someone and accuse someone of something as serious as shilling without proof? Who does that?

I definitely learned a lesson today. I can honestly say the times I have assumed people were shilling just because others said they were or they had zero bidders like I do and their dolls went high I am ashamed that I thought this about them cause I must wonder ....were they really? Or was it because of the gossip of someone like keckysfun? If I can be accused of it and be totally innocent then were they innocent as well? All it takes is one person saying something in the right place at the right time to ruin someone's reputation and I will be damned if I will let someone ruin the rep I have worked so hard to build over the last 3 1/2 years..

Anyway forgive my emotive post and the rant but I am truly upset cause this person doesn't know me and I don't know her. At least I don't think I do. I guess it could even be a he?? She claims to be an award winning artist, a ceo(of what I wonder??) and master sculptor and master reborner(although apparently has never sold a doll on ebay???) So who the heck is she and what gives her the right to send me a message like that? Since she claims to be such a wonderful talented successful artist I sure hope it isn't someone I admire.

All I can say is I am so glad I waited to write this until I had calmed down a bit cause the original post I was drafting in my head right after I read her message looked nothing like this post.

I am gonna go and root a baby. Get my mind off of this crap. keckysfun, whoever you are, thanks for ruining my day... :(
Pebby

Re: Does anyone know who goes by the ebay ID of keckysfun? :

Post by Pebby »

I would report that email to ebay, so sorry you have to go thru this.
solnaoriginals

Post by solnaoriginals »

No idea who she is but here's the link to her eBay info http://www.ebay.ca/usr/keckysfun. From her feedback it looks like she has always been a buyer as she has received no feedback as a seller.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Oh no! What the heck is wrong with this nut! Master reborner???? I doubt she is who she says she is. Master reborn artists would be celebrating for you! At least I know that to be true of the ladies here. I think your work deserves high bids. This sounds like sour grapes to me. She wanted one of your fabulous babies for a low price.
Don't let her ruin anything for you. Take Pebby's advice and report that to ebay. :grouphug:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

She sounds full of herself.
How awful, I would be very upset too if I were accused of something I didn't do!
I admit when I see a doll bid up high with a lot of zero feedback bidders, I too wonder about them...but you said she isn't even the current bidder, and if she messaged you first I would say she is legit.
It is none of this persons business frankly, but the fact that she is accusing you without warrant would bother me.
You don't owe her an explanation, but with that attitude I would block her, and forward the message to ebay.
Last edited by jenlovesdolls on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

I wouldnt worry about it, read her feedback that she has left for others, seems shes a miserable pathetic big mouth person! dont sweat it, dont let people like her make you doubt yourself, you are an awesome artist :) Just keep an eye on that zero bidder
elise1114

Post by elise1114 »

Wow, how awful! I am so sorry. What a nasty, hurtful thing for someone to say!

She is an idiot! Anyone can see that the quality of your work is what warrants the price. Ignore her jealous stupidity and take pride in the fact that your amazing artistry is bringing in top dollar.

I bid on your sweet baby before she got out of my price range and I believe she's worth every penny she's going for!

Don't waste your time and emotion on someone like that. She's just not worth it!
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I actually don't get it. Why is she stating this when the doll is extremely well done and the auction is very nice also? There ar eso many nuts out there now to deal with. Just ignore this jealous idiot. :?
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I'm sorry she said such a hurtful thing & upset you, but don't allow her to steal your joy! :hug: You've worked very hard & you deserve to see your baby soar!
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

That baby is stunning! I would never for a moment think that there is shill bidding involved. I do think there are some miserable mean people out there who would like to bring the rest of us down with them. Try not to let her get to you since that's exactly what she wants. BOL with her sale, she's beautiful :heart:

http://www.amysdollhouse.com/
Amy
Amy's Dollhouse
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

Kim, no. This is NOT how people think of you.

Normally I would only speak for myself, but I have been on here for some time (stalked long before I joined) and you are the real deal, and it is obvious that I am not the only one who feels this way. And you are extremely talented to boot. On top of this, you are a very likeable person.

Anyone can say anything on the internet. The people who get nasty like this, as far as I've seen, are the people who are the unhappiest but feel they can't change their own lives, so they go off on other people under cover of the internet. Not to play pop psychologist. But I have seen it over and over and over.

I had one woman on another forum (unrelated to reborning) storm on me for disagreeing with her on a neutral subject and tell me I obviously had psychological issues that I would do well to address. She said I should and must see a psychiatrist as I was obviously a very sad and mentally unhealthy individual. I just sat there and read this in stunned shock. I mean I really said NOTHING in the least confrontational, angry or...anything else! She asked a general question about a general subject and said she was seeking answers and I gave her my answer. That was IT. Well, not two or three posts later she answered someone else's thread with a whole long novel-type post about how her father had been abusive and had nearly choked her brother to death, among other things. It hit me: This person is MISERABLE and projecting. I mean that post nearly had me in tears - the one about her childhood and how she now views the world, not her storming on me.

I also saw immediately that it wasn't just me she was taking off on and instructing to "get help." It was everyone, I am serious, everyone who answered her question with something besides her own theory. All of us (who were being polite, BTW) "needed psychological help" and "should seek psychiatric treatment" and not her...go figure. :roll:

This is all over the internet...people who go crazy on other people because they have issues. This person who attacked you wanted to bring someone else down in order to feel better. I'm not Moral Mary, but you'd do well to just feel sorry for her. Imagine how bad you'd have to feel about yourself to deliberately try to hurt and verbally attack someone you don't even know, for something that person didn't even do?

I think you're awesome...keep your chin up.
Last edited by CaliforniaMel on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/URL]
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Sounds like she is just someone who wants to start stuff. I imagine her to be one who goes from one auction to the next sending nasty messages to discourage real artists. Ignore her and be happy about your baby doing well.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Jealousy...plain and simple! Ignore it.
BBStudio_Mel

Post by BBStudio_Mel »

Definitely report to ebay, and as others have said, don't let this person steal your joy! Your work is beautiful!
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Wow, what a poophead this person is. I would never think that you would ever shill so tell her to blow it out her bloomer leg. She isn't worth your time Kim. Your babies are all really beautiful.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
lifesabeachbabyKim

OMGosh well, I am tearing up again ....but not because of her... because you ladies have made me feel so much better. You guys are awesome. Sheesh I must be PMSing or something lol. hormones :roll: lol.

Thanks so much for all the super kind replies. Her message did kinda blindside me but I think you are right and I guess being nasty to someone from the safety of the other side of cyberspace is an easy and safe thing to do for someone in a bad place.

Thank you all. :hug:
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

WOW, who wee wee'd in her cheerio's??? Just ignore her. I LOVE it when I see my dolly sister are a success.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Thank you Sandi and Kathleen. :heart: And Kathleen that was super sweet of you to say that about this baby. Thank you. :foryou:

I did finally respond to her:

Dear keckysfun,

Well, I am sorry you feel that way. You are totally wrong(and very rude) but it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Good luck to you.

- beachbabies2014

I now wish I had left out the part about being wrong and rude. Not the most professional statement in the world. Oh well. :oops:

My computer(or the internet rather) is misbehaving tonight so I will keep trying to report her or I will call ebay in the morning. She sure has some weird feedback. :dunno:

Thanks again everyone. Love my dolly sisters! :heart: :heart: :heart: