Thank u All!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
teresabsummer10

Thank u All!

Post by teresabsummer10 »

That's a LOT of money. Wasn't so long ago that our friend Joyce was roundly chastised for trying to make a profit selling her JM doll.
35 mins · Like

Denise LaFleur Osterhout I don't get why people get upset. We live in America and as such.... Capitalism is alive and well. Why are dolls so much different?
29 mins · Unlike · 1

Teresa Soverns-Barnes NO PAYMENT PLAN OR LAYAWAY! So sorry cant do.
25 mins · Like

Kym De Shan are you serious.. Sierra Martz $ 6,000.00........wow...I really like Romie silicone babies...that far to much..i think...
16 mins · Like

Teresa Soverns-Barnes :grouphug:
13 mins · Unlike · 1

Teresa Soverns-Barnes wants u buy a doll it is yours you can do whatever you want with one. These dolls take a very long time to get and are worth every penny if someone cant afford silicone baby dolls than they are looking in the wrong place These are not dollar general nor walmart dolls these are collectiables and are a fine art! sorry if I have upset anyone
12 mins · Unlike · 1

Teresa Soverns-Barnes yep but romie dolls are 12,000.00
5 mins · Unlike · 1
Last edited by teresabsummer10 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhonda Junebird Nursery

Re: Personal Reasons I put baby jack up for sale ***Read Thi

Post by Rhonda Junebird Nursery »

You can sell your baby for whatever you want and whatever reason. Don't let others make you feel bad. If they don't want it, they don't have to offer anything. I bought a baby not long ago that was about 6 times what she should have cost ~~ why? because I wanted her that bad and the person was willing to sell. My choice! There is ALWAYS going to be someone that has something negative to say no matter were you are and what you are doing. I hope no one makes you feel too bad! :foryou:
teresabsummer10

Oh Thank u Rhonda ! :hug: needed that You are so kind. Teresa Barnes
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

I get this all the time , you have to be able to have a hard shell so some of this bounces off. I tell them sorry you can"t afford . Walmart has nice play dolls. and I don't work for free
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
teresabsummer10

:D :lol: :D
Littleonesmariena

Post by Littleonesmariena »

Geesh, if you want to sell your baby for $300000.00 that is up to you, it is up to the buyer if they want to pay for it......

You do what you have to do..... It is your baby it is up to you...
If a buyer has the money and desperately wants something and they are happy to pay for it, then I am happy for the buyer that they have found what they are after and happy for the seller....

Just make sure you will not regret selling because you may never get the baby back again. But if needs must and you need the money, life comes before dolls, it is not fair but it happens and you DO NOT NEED to explain to anyone why, how and how much you get for your baby...

(I remember the backlash I got with private messages when I was trying to sell a Molloy baby a while back and I was only asking what I paid for it)

Hugs and I hope things work out well for you.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I am constantly amazed at the narrow mindedness of others. It is no ones business what you do with your own property or how much one spends on anything!!!! I am sorry that you have gotten some of these people on your case. How one spends their money is their own business...no one else should even make a comment. So don't let them make you feel badly about your choices -- Hugs, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
teresabsummer10

thank you Ruth :hug:
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I can't believe the balls some women have, to tell someone what they should or shouldn't sell for. If these women who wrote you can't afford the doll, they can look somewhere else. People ALWAYS want something for nothing. But you can bet that if you went down in price after one of them begged and pleaded, they'd wait maybe a week, then sell it for a profit. :banghead:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I'm sorry to be dumb but I don't really understand this post.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Helen_C

Post by Helen_C »

I guess I am a little thick today too .................
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

It looks like people on facebook were trying to say she's only wanting to make a large profit off of her Julie Malloy silicone and we're trying to make her feel bad. That's what I got from it at least.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

People can ask whatever the flip they want for their things.
I understand both sides of the fence, I am usually on the losing end with my selling, so I couldn't imagine making more.
Bottom line is, you can ask whatever you want, people will comment publicly, and some probably even privately.
In the end, all that matters is whether someone will buy it.

I didn't understand the post either, I thought it was going to be a post about what was going on that would make you have to sell your doll...
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Monique_B wrote:It looks like people on facebook were trying to say she's only wanting to make a large profit off of her Julie Malloy silicone and we're trying to make her feel bad. That's what I got from it at least.
That's my take too! And Teresa, it's only your business, they are just mad because they can't afford it..... :mrgreen: jealousy.....
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

My personal feelings on selling higher than original prize are mixed.

A Princess ElizBeth comes up for sale a BIN. I was about to go out with our dog and my daughter who was coming with stood quite impatiently and waited for me. So I said: let's go. Gone for half an hour. I checked the listing when we returned and of course the doll sold. In the afternoon she turns up on a dealers site :( for $1500.- more :( Whereas, to me she was worth it, I still had my thoughts. A couple of months after she did sell. For me: I will not buy from the dealer after that. Reason is I felt the dealer could have shared her good luck.
Another story:
A month ago, a good friend of mine bought a mint condition cloth doll (antique) for $50.-. Later that day sold the same doll for $1000.-.
That is the reason I find it hard to be consistent in my answer. Because the first dealer I do not know. And I wanted that doll soooo bad :lol: . The second dealer is a good friend whom I knew absolutely needed the money so bad (long story: but she is a doglover who took on a shelter dog with big health problems. And she like me, struggles at times). Also it is a dolltype I do not collect. So I was absolutely delighted for my friend.
I am honest enough to know it is really the same and I was letting my personal feelings of friendship color my opinion, which was really not fair to that dealer at all.

Theresa: bottom line is really, that it is YOUR baby. No matter whàt. You are free to ask what you feel your baby is worth. no matter what you paid. It is irrelevant as it is the market that dictates the selling prize.

:hug: :hug:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

:hug: to you for having to put up with jealous people. Try to ignore them. It amazes me that so many accept that doll collectors & artists take HUGE losses on most resells, but don't dare try to make a profit on one! :dunno: Doesn't make sense to me. No other art or collectible is seen that way.

Keep your chin up Teresa! We l :heart: ve you!! :grouphug:
frannie

Post by frannie »

Tracy Lorraine wrote::hug: to you for having to put up with jealous people. Try to ignore them. It amazes me that so many accept that doll collectors & artists take HUGE losses on most resells, but don't dare try to make a profit on one! :dunno: Doesn't make sense to me. No other art or collectible is seen that way.

Keep your chin up Teresa! We l :heart: ve you!! :grouphug:
I agree Tracy! Don't let them make you feel bad Teresa :hug: ! Many others have sold for a profit, you're by far not the only one. If I might give you an advice it would be not to put yourself "out there" too much with facebook and on the boards. Talk about your sale only in private, it's nobodys business but yours and the buyers and you sure don't have to justify it!

Hugs,
Frannie
:heart: Bray :heart:
just_Brenda

Post by just_Brenda »

Why is it when we try to sell a doll for more than we paid people complain, yet when we sell a doll for far less than we paid ....we get no complaints but instead we get asked to lower the price even more ??
We don't know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have .
teresabsummer10

Yes Brenda! Thank u ladies for all the comments I am just tking offers and if someone does really want him for what they offer than I will sale him if they are sure ,it is very hard to let him go .Thanks :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(