I'm not happy with Harper and Tate

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LDC at DollDreams

Re: I'm not happy with Harper and Tate

Post by LDC at DollDreams »

We have our store policy posted on our front page.

We strive for the highest quality control but if you receive an order
that contains a factory defect we will happily send a replacement.
A return label will be send to you. Items must be returned in their
original, unaltered unpainted form to qualify for this guarantee,
within 10 days of receiving the merchandise.
Please check your order as soon you receive your merchandise.

We ask for a picture to see what the problem is. We never send a defective part out on purpose,
it only will cost as more money to exchange it. But people are people and mistakes can happen.
We ask the buyer to dispose of the defected part.

Linda
LDC at DollDreams

Post by LDC at DollDreams »

Marita Winters wrote:Unless the original sculpt and mold both break, there is always the possibility to make replacement parts. Yes, it may cost the artist money to do it, but in the end, if it is a manufacturing issue it really is worth it to give replacements. There are times when a "problem" might just be the sculpt itself (such as hands too small) so this issue cannot be resolved without totally sculpting a new doll. Most artists would not replace for this issue since the person who purchases the kit hopefully looked over the sculpt and vinyl photos before ordering, and hopefully had clear enough photos to see a proportion problem. The bubbles in the vinyl is a manufacturing issue and the manufacturer SHOULD (in my opinion) replace these pieces for free, but some will not. Many times it is a problem with the mold. The manufacturer can just make a new mold of that part. It all just depends upon how much the artist wants to insist on a clean kit.
Marita you are right, when we get our first run kit and something is wrong, we send it back and the moldmaker will correct it. For what he charges us, I expect it to be clean. Even if the sculpt and mold is broken,
they actually can make a new one from the vinyl kit, it will be a little smaller but not by much.
I also think China gotten better.

Linda
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

Linda - I love your store policy. I have the same policy with my kits.
LDC at DollDreams wrote:We strive for the highest quality control but if you receive an order
that contains a factory defect we will happily send a replacement.
A return label will be send to you. Items must be returned in their
original, unaltered unpainted form to qualify for this guarantee,
within 10 days of receiving the merchandise.
Please check your order as soon you receive your merchandise.

We ask for a picture to see what the problem is. We never send a defective part out on purpose,
it only will cost as more money to exchange it. But people are people and mistakes can happen.
We ask the buyer to dispose of the defected part.