I'm not happy with Harper and Tate

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Bibou

I'm not happy with Harper and Tate

Post by Bibou »

:( I fell in love with Harper's and Tate's kits but I'm really disapointed now that i recieved them.
I think that the hands are too small,and above all there are defects on the arms,some bubbles that I'm afraid would burst while heating :shock:
There are the pictures
kristi

Re: I'm not happy with Harper and Tate

Post by kristi »

Wow- I got mine Friday- that was long wait /paid in July- anyway- I am going to check my kits for bubbles too :o
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Poor Andrea Arcello. I know her to be a charming and reasonable person and wonderful artist. I am positive all these problems are driving her crazy too. How disappointing for you ... and her too.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Oh no! I hope they are replaced for you. They sure are great sculpts.
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

This is not the first unfavorable review I have see. I hope the problems can be resolved...although hand size would not be possible to change at this point. I decided not to complete my purchase of Tate due to all the issues...
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Looks like many are not happy with them if you look on Facebook. Too bad. That vinyl issue will cause painting issues really bad. Any rough spots causes Genesis paints to grab bad. Actually I have been getting several high end priced kits with very rough spots also or many pin holes in an area and not these kits. That too is a real challenge. If they are all like that maybe you can get some auto body sand paper and sand out the defects if it is just a surface boo boo. Good luck.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

If ask for a refund. I wouldn't start doing anything to the vinyl. You shouldn't have to.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

I never ordered these, but I did have two of her last open eye toddler/baby Gaysons. One was rock hard vinyl the other was sent out later as German vinyl, to replace them, but I am sure it was not German. It was more the style of old chinese vinyls. In ten years of dolls I never encountered worse vinyls, smelled horridly toxic, was very ugly grey and paint would not set properly. Such a shame as she makes cute babies, but im too afraid to buy her kits any more.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Oh no please, don't tell me that... I just got my tracking number for Harper and Tate!
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

erin1958 wrote:If ask for a refund. I wouldn't start doing anything to the vinyl. You shouldn't have to.

Good luck trying to get a refund now days. If you tell some of the artists that the parts you got are defective they either tell you to deal with it , no replacements available or say sorry the flaw is in all the parts so no refunds or replacements. I think people if they are wanting to keep charging these ridiculous prices right now for a kit they need to make sure the parts are better than what we are getting.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Elisabettas Babies

Just found my Harper and Tate in the mail!
They both have a rough spot on the left arm close to the wrist, that looks sanded down in my babies. I don't have bubbles or anything as visible as your kit. There was probably a defect in this spot in the whole edition because it does look like mine were somewhat remedied during factory production, so I would ask for a replacement if I were you.
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

I had purchased 2 Tates way back when she had them in stock and they were in perfect condition. I am awaiting another from McPhearson's, so we'll see what this is all about. Hopefully okay.
NOLA

Post by NOLA »

Has Brenda started shipping them yet?
NOLA
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

I THINK so, I know there were huge issues but I was not aware of what. Oddly enough I had received 2 tates directly from Andrea on Saturday, so I had to send them back as they must have had me confused with already sending them, and one had a black dot on the face.
NOLA

Post by NOLA »

I will be sure to check them carefully. I have 2 of each ordered.
NOLA
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

Dealers would replace those arms I would have thought, have you asked them?
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

This issue was brought up before. Sad to see that it wasn't corrected.

http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f ... a#p3085183
Hugs,
Nadia

susan oopsydaisy

Post by susan oopsydaisy »

Mine have the rough spots too. :(
KekeLeo

Post by KekeLeo »

Ginny W wrote:
erin1958 wrote:If ask for a refund. I wouldn't start doing anything to the vinyl. You shouldn't have to.

Good luck trying to get a refund now days. If you tell some of the artists that the parts you got are defective they either tell you to deal with it , no replacements available or say sorry the flaw is in all the parts so no refunds or replacements. I think people if they are wanting to keep charging these ridiculous prices right now for a kit they need to make sure the parts are better than what we are getting.

That is the exact reply that I got for my Ofelia, I was told there were no replacment parts and the flaw was in all the kits. Sorry this happened.
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
Elisabettas Babies

KekeLeo wrote:
Ginny W wrote:

That is the exact reply that I got for my Ofelia, I was told there were no replacment parts and the flaw was in all the kits. Sorry this happened.
What kind of flaw did your Ofelia have? My friend in Italy reborned three Ofelias and said that one had a split in a leg. She got the same answer as you (no replacement parts) and had to buy a fourth kit for her customer, and keep the defective one. What bugs me is that a refund was never offered.