Shyann has been copied

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Shyann has been copied

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

Can anyone shed light on this doll country/whereabouts? Maybe even someone from the country that could find an address.
The sculptor is trying to put a stop to it, as she has only just found out about it.

http://www.toyboy.com.br/produtos/detal ... -bebe-tata

lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Shyann has been copied

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

OMG! Right down to the same limbs and everything! I wonder does BB know??? Devils advocate-Maybe they sold the sculpt to them??? Probably not. I am guessing this is from Brazil..So far everything I can find in relation to this doll is in Brazil. Problem is everything in regards to it is in Spanish and aside from counting to ten and being able to say "the apple is on the table" I don't speak a word of Spanish. :roll:

Also apparently some reborners in Brazil are reborning this playdoll instead of buying the kit which is taking business directly away from BB!! This one artist had a pic with the play doll next to her reborned version advertising her doll for sale for R600. :evil:
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

That doesn't sound Spanish to me Kim. I think maybe Portugese.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
Beth

Post by Beth »

I posted this so Bountiful Baby could see this. If they didn't know about it they will after today.
Hugs,
Beth
Tina

Post by Tina »

Honestly, people will counterfeit anything these days, nothing is safe. x
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

The doll with dummy in one of the pics seems to have Pat Moulton arms? Although can't tell if that one is an actual reborn. But the Shyann is definitely made into a childs toy there.
lifesabeachbabyKim

~Marilyn~ wrote:That doesn't sound Spanish to me Kim. I think maybe Portugese.
Ah yes, Brazilian Portuguese. I forgot that they speak that there too. Honestly unless it is English I probably won't know what it is... And even that is debatable! lol! :wink: I once had a customer in Brazil that only spoke Spanish and Portuguese that I could only speak to thru Google Translate and she kept switching back and forth between the two languages in her PMs so I had to keep guessing which one she was using so I could translate it. lol!
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

oh wow, how sad! The other doll looks like Pat Mouton's Kendal but hard to tell with the paci. I hope they get to the bottom of it all.
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
dana

Post by dana »

I have noticed the copying on the silicone dolls too...Especially with the full body...so many of the full body dolls have a body that looks like the Berenguer babies.
I have been thinking a lot about this. I just wonder how many of the ladies care if it is a copy or not.....Do people care more about getting a cute baby or do they care about the integrity of the artist that sculpted? I ask because I think if I sculpted a baby and down the road another artist copied my work and rose to success on my coattails I would be hurt... I need to add that I can not sculpt so this will never happen to me but I do feel bad for the artist that get copied..
I know we all learn from other artist ...example..i bought the Precious Little Baby Dust DVD to learn to paint so I didn't come up with my technique on my own...
These thoughts have been weighing heavy on me lately and I have even considered doing a poll..so when I saw this post I thought I would speak up...
I don't want to come across as trying to start drama with this because that is not my intent..I really would like to know if it bothers you or you feel it is ok.... I can see how if you read my thoughts it could come across as me being passive aggressive but if you really know me you will know I am not passive aggressive at all..If anything I am aggressive aggressive ...at least that is what my husbands says.. Not that I like to start arguments I don't and my hubby wouldn't argue back if i did... I just like to be able to ask what is on my mind without having to "beat around the bush" ( my grandmother would say ) .
I think this post has helped me to decide to make the post about copying.. i want to do a poll so everyone will feel they can answer honestly...
I will go and try to figure how to word my poll lol..if you have any ideas what you would like asked in the poll regarding copying others work please send me a pm and I will add..
The Berenguer body is not all I have seen copied ... The Sugar Britches doll and also I have seen a doll made that looks a lot like one Angela Lewis sculpted many years ago..... it looked so much like Angela's doll I thought it was a repaint of her doll at first.

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Personally I don't think people that buy these copies are the same people that would collect reborns, so as I just said on the FB post when someone said it's not fair on reborners, it's no threat to reborn artists. It's the sculptors that are being turned over.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Your absolutely right on the copying into silicone Dana. There is a seller that has copied the Lucy sculpt from BB(and I wrote them but never heard what came of it) I have seen several BB kits copied into silicone as a matter of fact, Cozy, Nod, using the Berenguer body and Schick legs. My guess is they put a baby together piece meal and use clay to smooth out the jointed areas. The person who cast Nod in silicone didn't even bother to do that much.

And on the question if we approve or not I most certainly do not approve. But.... That sort of makes me a huge hypocrite because of my stance on recasts.
Mark_Haysman

Post by Mark_Haysman »

Google Translate can help with these foreign web pages:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... -bebe-tata

Mark.