SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
DonnaKelly 74

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

I just saw a you tube video a few weeks back, Hellomelissasue is the channel and the girl was selling baby Nyah by Lorna and had her Emerie Mei by Andrea Arcello in the video and randomly discovers a large hole in Emerie's Arm. Hopefully it does not happen to often and so sorry about your baby.
NadiaK

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by NadiaK »

Here is a facebook video that Bonnie Brown shared showing how her Summer fell apart. Not sure if you will be able to see it if you are not friends with her.
Hugs,
Nadia

cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I would also like to say that I have seen posts here on DF offering to sell some dolls that have been known to have problems. I would like to see disclaimers when such dolls are advertised here on DF as to the problems. I think it is only fair to not just send the problem on to an unsuspecting buyer. JMO Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Susan Cornelius

Re: Attention Summer Arcello Mommies

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Nothing lasts forever.
MonicaW

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by MonicaW »

Melissa is a doll artist that has been here from the beginning. Silicones have been around along time at this point. Over the years this topic has come up. Melissa always joins in and says the same thing a few times through the posts. And over the years other artists and silicone pourers use to post the facts about their silicone. Now the only artist and silicone pourer the post is Melissa. And she has said the same thing through the years. I have one of her silicone dolls and he is perfect! At this point it has become very simple to me and I say this with the upmost respect to you Melissa if anything it is meant for a wake call for us collectors..... often when I am upset I liked to think of something funny.. This reminds me of the commercial we have all seen for many years...when I look back Melissa is like the duck pooping in and simply saying over and over again through the years " AFLAC" ... from now on if I have any questions about silicone I am contacting Melissa she has proven to be the expert in this product!!!!!!!!
MonicaW

Re: Attention Summer Arcello Mommies

Post by MonicaW »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am Nothing lasts forever.
Very true but I had her 2 years. That s pathetic
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Omg I am friends with Bonnie Brown thats what happened to my Summer's head. Do you know under one of myvpost someone posted nothing lasts forever. I had her 2 years
MonicaW

Here is a link to a video of Bonnie Brown showing her Summer falling apart

Post by MonicaW »

Not sure if you can see if you are not friends with her. She made sculpt Levi and Saskia. This is exactly what happened to my Summer's head. This is from facebook if you can't see. Go to facebook and request her friendship. I love her sculpts! I had my Summer 2 years
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I agree with you Ruth I could have just fixed her and sold her. That is totally wrong. So when people bash people from coming out that is wrong my doll is worth zero now. I would never pass on my problem. We need to stick together. Nadia I posted that link from Bonnie Brown im a New post that's my point the head is just like that and I am sure the rest will follow. Bonnie Brown is well respected. Levi is my favorite reborn!!!
DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

I have seen a lot of Andrea Arcello babies for sale recently, that is not right if you do not disclose a pre existing problem and just pass it to someone else.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Ruth, I totally agree with you. So many times people sell dolls on here with no real closeups, just an overall shot of the doll. Often flaws are not even mentioned. Or they say something like "she is a little shiny but some powdering will solve the problem." It's not until you see the doll in person that you realize that the doll has issues.

Monica, you may want to message Bonnie on Facebook. If I recall correctly, she got some kind of resolution with her Summer but I don't know what it was. Good luck.
Hugs,
Nadia

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

DonnaKelly 74 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 am I have seen a lot of Andrea Arcello babies for sale recently, that is not right if you do not disclose a pre existing problem and just pass it to someone else.
The problem with this is that some of the babies being sold may be totally fine right now, so the seller may feel like they are selling a perfectly good doll. I actually feel badly for the people that are selling Andrea's dolls right now given all these posts. They have a lot of money invested in them and they may find them difficult to resell.
Hugs,
Nadia

DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

Your right....it hurts everyone even if you are honestly just trying to sell a doll :((
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Carolr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 am I’m sure all be bashed for this! This is sad all around. I think we should wait to hear what Andrea says when she replies to Monica. This has been brought up time after time...these are silicone dolls. Summer was from 6 years ago. I don’t think Artist back then knew what they know now. I seriously doubt Andrea got together with Michelle to make a silicone that would break apart. These are chances we take when we buy these babies. I know for a fact that Andrea did address the Summer situation and if your Summer was defective, you got Maisie at a discounted rate. Andrea received no help from Michelle whatsoever. All her money went into having those dolls poured. And how long do we expect to get refunded when there is a problem....it’s been 6 years. I can’t go buy a refrigerator have it for 6 years, have it break and ask for a refund.....I don’t think we can do that with anything. This is a bad situation, all around. Monica with a damaged Summer which is very sad and unfortunate and Andrea which had someone poured for her and now it’s become a witch hunt every time it’s brought up.

Just like every one can bash Andrea, I can certainly stand behind her because everything I have bought from her has been perfect.
Carol, I love that you speak up. I love that we all feel free to speak up. We protect each other and care for one another. And that is AMAZING!!!

Here is my two cents (again). One, I know buyers who have bought direct from Andrea, had problems within a week and she ignored them completely. Said the doll was handled too much when the paint came off a day later. No, paint should NOT come off within a day of redressing it once.... and even so, when a doll is under warranty, the doll should be allowed to come back to be fixed. She never fixed it.... Not ok as a SELLER.

Two, yes, she said she would replace Summer at a discounted price...from what I was told that price was $850.00. That isnt a discounted price. It costs (from my experience) about $250-350.00 in silicone to make one silicone doll. That is what the price should have been to replace a defective doll to the original Mommy who spent $1800.00. Not a profit of $500.00 each replacement to the artist that TOLD everyone it was platinum but KNEW the dolls were tin.
You cannot paint or fix a platinum doll with with anything but platinum silicone paint. So she either... she didnt know ALL HER DOLLS were being poured in tin by Michelle Fagan and then painted those tin dolls with platinum silicone (which would be why the paint didnt stick and a good reason to refund or redo..but wait the paint did stick on a lot of dolls) or two she DID KNOW her dolls were tin and painted them with tin and then the paint stuck... and if she had to repair any, she would have done so with tin silicone or silypoxy ... because silypoxy is the only repair silicone that works with tin. So my stand is, Andrea knew her dolls were tin... because she both painted and repaired them. Not ok as an ARTIST.

I do agree, we dont always know the story these dolls will have in the long term. I think armatures can pop out of silicone, I think baking genesis can at some point cause lung issues, I think fat pellets can become greasy ... long term, we are all still discovering. And we need to be reasonable as both buyer and seller. But I do not think the silicone dolls should be the topic/ issue in this. I think it is the Artist and Seller, that is the issue.

Even if Arcello Mommys werent lied too (and as much as all my testing can prove these dolls are tin and I feel that these Mommy were indeed lied too, only Andrea really knows) I do think they should have had their voices heard. If they had warranties, those warranties should have been valid. All the warranties... not just some lucky mommy at random or by Andreas choice...
And I know of buyers who never got a response back... even after a week of original purchase date. And they spent all their savings to buy their first silicone doll, just to have it break down a week later and now, after some time, is a pile of greasy slimy silicone parts that are crumbling under the touch (doesnt happen with platinum)
So again... I dont think the dolls are the main issue, I think it is the Seller.

Just my two cents :) love u all :heart:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

KrisC wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am
Carolr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 am I’m sure all be bashed for this! This is sad all around. I think we should wait to hear what Andrea says when she replies to Monica. This has been brought up time after time...these are silicone dolls. Summer was from 6 years ago. I don’t think Artist back then knew what they know now. I seriously doubt Andrea got together with Michelle to make a silicone that would break apart. These are chances we take when we buy these babies. I know for a fact that Andrea did address the Summer situation and if your Summer was defective, you got Maisie at a discounted rate. Andrea received no help from Michelle whatsoever. All her money went into having those dolls poured. And how long do we expect to get refunded when there is a problem....it’s been 6 years. I can’t go buy a refrigerator have it for 6 years, have it break and ask for a refund.....I don’t think we can do that with anything. This is a bad situation, all around. Monica with a damaged Summer which is very sad and unfortunate and Andrea which had someone poured for her and now it’s become a witch hunt every time it’s brought up.

Just like every one can bash Andrea, I can certainly stand behind her because everything I have bought from her has been perfect.
Carol, I love that you speak up. I love that we all feel free to speak up. We protect each other and care for one another. And that is AMAZING!!!

Here is my two cents (again). One, I know buyers who have bought direct from Andrea, had problems within a week and she ignored them completely. Said the doll was handled too much when the paint came off a day later. No, paint should NOT come off within a day of redressing it once.... and even so, when a doll is under warranty, the doll should be allowed to come back to be fixed. She never fixed it.... Not ok as a SELLER.

Two, yes, she said she would replace Summer at a discounted price...from what I was told that price was $850.00. That isnt a discounted price. It costs (from my experience) about $250-350.00 in silicone to make one silicone doll. That is what the price should have been to replace a defective doll to the original Mommy who spent $1800.00. Not a profit of $500.00 each replacement to the artist that TOLD everyone it was platinum but KNEW the dolls were tin.
You cannot paint or fix a platinum doll with with anything but platinum silicone paint. So she either... she didnt know ALL HER DOLLS were being poured in tin by Michelle Fagan and then painted those tin dolls with platinum silicone (which would be why the paint didnt stick and a good reason to refund or redo..but wait the paint did stick on a lot of dolls) or two she DID KNOW her dolls were tin and painted them with tin and then the paint stuck... and if she had to repair any, she would have done so with tin silicone or silypoxy ... because silypoxy is the only repair silicone that works with tin. So my stand is, Andrea knew her dolls were tin... because she both painted and repaired them. Not ok as an ARTIST.

I do agree, we dont always know the story these dolls will have in the long term. I think armatures can pop out of silicone, I think baking genesis can at some point cause lung issues, I think fat pellets can become greasy ... long term, we are all still discovering. And we need to be reasonable as both buyer and seller. But I do not think the silicone dolls should be the topic/ issue in this. I think it is the Artist and Seller, that is the issue.

Even if Arcello Mommys werent lied too (and as much as all my testing can prove these dolls are tin and I feel that these Mommy were indeed lied too, only Andrea really knows) I do think they should have had their voices heard. If they had warranties, those warranties should have been valid. All the warranties... not just some lucky mommy at random or by Andreas choice...
And I know of buyers who never got a response back... even after a week of original purchase date. And they spent all their savings to buy their first silicone doll, just to have it break down a week later and now, after some time, is a pile of greasy slimy silicone parts that are crumbling under the touch (doesnt happen with platinum)
So again... I dont think the dolls are the main issue, I think it is the Seller.

Well said Kris!

Thank you again for your input! :heart: :hug:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Kelliegirl wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am
KrisC wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am

Well said Kris!

Thank you again for your input! :heart: :hug:
:hug:
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

Aflac!!!!!!! LOLOL
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Shannon

Re: Here is a link to a video of Bonnie Brown showing her Summer falling apart

Post by Shannon »

Such a huge amount of money to be thrown in the trash. I'd spend half my time spitting nails and the other crying, especially if restitution wasn't made.
MonicaW

2nd response from Andreas assistant Linda. I will just call my new expert witness Melissa to reply to thisa

Post by MonicaW »

As I stated in original post doll artist Melissa has been her from the beginning everytime this topic came up she were come on he and tell us about silicone over the years she said the Same thing. Other artists and silicone pourers use to also talk about their silicone but slowly they all went away. While only one remained Melissa. And she is still saying the very same thing she said all those years ago. I have one of her silicone dolls who is older than 7 years and he is perfect. So I am going to call the expert on silicone imho Melissa to please once again response to this statement that was made to me by Andrea Arcello's assistant. Just want to mention didn't ask for full refund just ask to get back so I paid sane amount other Summer moms that had problems. She new I had summer never mentioned discount. At the time my doll still had her head on her neck.and now Melissa please respond to the remark of 7 years is a long time if this was a car. Thank you
Anyone else of course can post too.

As I said in my original email, Andrea sent out a mass email to all of her collectors offering a discount to those that were ORIGINAL Summer owners. And because you failed to mention your eligibility for the discount at the time of your Maizie purchase Andrea . And you feel that you deserve a full refund?!? Andrea stands by HER dolls and does what she can within her power to make things right with her customers. Summer is nearly 7 years old, if you were driving a 7-year-old car that began to show signs of wear would you then threaten the car manufacturer? We too were affected in negative ways from Michelle Fagan’s pours, that is why we now pour all our dolls in house, with a warranty.

Linda
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Donna you are right in that video a hole in her full body Asian baby by Andrea. Wow