Not home for delivery, do I still get paid?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
amandasbabies

Not home for delivery, do I still get paid?

Post by amandasbabies »

Hi everyone, I recently sold my first doll and I shipped 3 day priority with signature confirmation. Well, it's been delivered twice and no one answered the door. Will I still get my money? Who orders a doll then misses it twice? Confused.
mandyuk

Re: Not home for delivery, do I still get paid?

Post by mandyuk »

Don't you get the money before you ship ? I'm confused .....
Tru Born Bobbi

Post by Tru Born Bobbi »

Always get paid in full before you ship anything. There are way too many people out there who are not honest. Always protect yourself, while still showing respect for your buyers :)
Tru Born Babies
Image[/url]
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Did you sell the doll cash on delivery? I think it's a pretty risky way to sell, just because if your buyer changes her mind all she has to do is not pick up the doll and you'll be out shipping charges and possibly return charges... only ship after full payment has cleared!
JodyS86

Post by JodyS86 »

I think she might be asking if paypal will release the funds that they hold until delivery is made? I hope that is the case and that the doll wasn't shipped before payment was made...
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

She paid immediately, the money went right to my paypal account, however, it's pending, I can't have it yet. This is the first time I have sold anything before on ebay. So, I"m not really sure how things work. The buyer had 100% feedback and like 200 transactions, so I know she is legit. But, it's making me nervous that they have tried to deliver twice and she isn't home. Why doesn't she pick it up from the post office?
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

amandasbabies wrote:She paid immediately, the money went right to my paypal account, however, it's pending, I can't have it yet. This is the first time I have sold anything before on ebay. So, I"m not really sure how things work. The buyer had 100% feedback and like 200 transactions, so I know she is legit. But, it's making me nervous that they have tried to deliver twice and she isn't home. Why doesn't she pick it up from the post office?
Being a new seller and it being a big purchase is why your payment is pending. I think after that period of time is up the money will automatically be released to you unless they stop payment or file a complaint. Have you tried to contact the buyer? Surely they didn't order something and leave home for the holiday.
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

amandasbabies wrote:She paid immediately, the money went right to my paypal account, however, it's pending, I can't have it yet. This is the first time I have sold anything before on ebay. So, I"m not really sure how things work. The buyer had 100% feedback and like 200 transactions, so I know she is legit. But, it's making me nervous that they have tried to deliver twice and she isn't home. Why doesn't she pick it up from the post office?

My daughter has a ebay account too and Paypal is holding her money each time too, each time she sells something she makes sure to attach signature or delivery confirmation to the package and also puts that into the ebay site where you put the tracking info in. Usually once ebay sees that the item has been delivered you should have your money shortly after usually a few days. I also believe they email you to let you know your funds have been released. As long as you have tracking proof there is no worry you will get your money from Paypal.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

Ok, great! Thank you all for your input!