She is at it again....Update on Page 9

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MayberryBabies_DeAnna

Re: She is at it again....

Post by MayberryBabies_DeAnna »

Yep, you can't report without an account, I tried yesterday.
Barb7209

Post by Barb7209 »

MayberryBabies_DeAnna wrote:Looks like she has sold a few "dolls" (if they exist at all) and her new listing - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-silicone ... 3f42612e78 "therapy baby" - I sure hope ppl are not getting scammed by her :(
Those pictures and content on her listing belong to Serenity Babies:

http://www.best-alzheimers-products.com ... erapy.html

I just sent the company a message with the link to her ebay listing.
Barb7209

Post by Barb7209 »

lol! Apparently she's reading this forum - she took her ebay listing down no sooner after my posting her stealing pictures and content from the Serenity Babies . What a joke. Wonder if her lawyer advised her to do so?
lisa/preciousnewborns

Post by lisa/preciousnewborns »

OMG is anything her actual work or just all the really bad pictures that are out of focus and the ones with the really bad rooting... I want to say something so bad since she is reading here I will let it go.... You can not root with human hair on small babies... It will never lay right and look good... has to be done with mohair... Same with lashes and eye brows... The other only works on Toddlers.

Its been killing me to say that.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Oh well good. Since you are reading here Alissa maybe you should take a look at other silicone artist's listings. They use pictures of THEIR OWN work, not other artists' work. And when they are asked questions about their dolls they don't say things like "If you want to see my work you have to bid" among other equally condescending answers..

Sad thing is there are people out there who will always bid on listings such as yours because their desire for one of these dolls supersedes their logic that it must be too good to be true. You claim to be only in this to help those who have suffered a loss or who need these dolls as a comfort when afflicted with something like Alzheimers or dementia. Preying on those types of customers is not only wrong it's unethical and cruel.

The ladies on here are kind and helpful so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to join and admit your wrong-doing and ask for some help. I don't think anyone is beyond help but what you are doing right now isn't right. Those artists you have stolen pictures from worked very hard on their craft for years to get where they are now as you should to, If you can't be proud enough of your own work to post your own pictures then why are you even doing this?

I suspect you are actually brand new to the doll world so you might not have realized how very wrong it is to steal from another artist and it also explains why you have no proof you have been doing this for as long as you claim. You have now been made aware it is wrong so there really is no reason to see any pictures not belonging to you anymore, right?

There is no shame in being new, there is shame, however, in being new but pretending you are experienced and knowledgeable and taking credit for other artists' work, just to make sales.

Why not practice for a while(maybe a few months) and then post pictures of your actual work then re-do your listings with those genuine pics and let the customers decide they want to buy from you based on what you can really do?
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Your words are perfect Kim!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Her own work???? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reborn-Baby-FUL ... 3f42f4b9de

Look at the Caucasian! :shock:
Messaging me:

If you you are not a potential buyer or bidder do not message me with spam. It will be reported to ebay. If you are a reborn artist and wish to unload advice that is what forums are for :)

I satisfy my customers only. I provide them high quality babies with REALISTIC pricing that is affordable. If you do not appreciate my pricing methodology of affordability - then too bad. I am here to provide individuals affordable solutions.

My reputation is GREAT and you can trust your purhase is protected a garuanteed through eBay!

I love my babies and make them special for each person. It's about time a repurable artist offers fair pricing!
:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Catherine on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa/preciousnewborns

Both are bad she doesnt know how to clean up the seams on either one.
Helen_C

Post by Helen_C »

I wouldn't even pay 2cents for them. Look so amateurish . Wonder who she "borrowed' the colour chart from. Looks too professional for her work.
lisa/preciousnewborns

Helen if you seen the video of the doll she is getting ready to ship you would die...
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Why does Ebay let people do this ..............Hugs, Kathy
lisa/preciousnewborns

No clue and doesnt stop them when they are stealing pics instead of using their own work.
lifesabeachbabyKim

She just needs so much more practice before she is ready to sell. Porcelain molds were never meant for silicone. It is relatively easy to clean up porcelain once it has been poured and dried before firing but the seam lines are way too big for silicone use. :shock: Looks like by what she wrote on her listing she doesn't want any help though. All we can do is offer and if she doesn't want it then we can't make her take it. At least this new listing has no other artists' stolen pictures which is a step in the right direction.
lisa/preciousnewborns

Well she is at i again... she is putting up vinyl dolls as silicone. She is also using serenity babies pictures...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-Custo ... 3f430f830a
Helen_C

Post by Helen_C »

The listing has ended.
lisa/preciousnewborns

someone bought it.... OMG... geesh...
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I wonder who these buyers are paying that kind of money for this crap, and yet well done reborns don't sell...I call BS BS BS on it.
lifesabeachbabyKim

It's so frustrating not being able to reach EVERYONE in the community to warn them. :banghead:
lisa/preciousnewborns

Thought it was just Lorna and me that it drives really crazy because no one stops her from all the crap she is doing.
Barb7209

Post by Barb7209 »

jenlovesdolls wrote:I wonder who these buyers are paying that kind of money for this crap, and yet well done reborns don't sell...I call BS BS BS on it.
Pretty sure she knows the person who bought it...0 feedback? Either she created another id or she asked someone she knows to go through the motions of making the purchase to build the public's trust....Now that "buyer" will leave positive feedback which then makes some who are looking think the seller is legit and that they can get a full body silicone for just $600 and change. Sad.