I AM FREAKING OUT! USPS Nightmare

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ColorbyCarina

Re: I AM FREAKING OUT! USPS Nightmare

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Thank you ladies. I called the 1800 number today but they are closed. I'm going to call when they open tomorrow morning. I'm really praying this is a comp error and that package is not actually back in the US :(
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I agree with you, Anne. Never buy anything in December, If I can avoid it. I am very afraid that it may be lost.
I hope you all get happily resolved all the messes of the postal service. :heart: :hug: :grouphug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

I had a similar thing happen as well with USPS. My client could see the tracking as well and wasn't upset with me. I did call USPS and requested a refund of my postage. They instructed me to go to my local PO branch with my receipt for my refund. They refunded me in cash and I refunded my buyer the postage she paid. It all worked out but it was sure nerve wracking at the time :banghead: . I hope they get it going in the right direction soon.

http://www.amysdollhouse.com/
Amy
Amy's Dollhouse
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

ariliv2_Amy wrote:I had a similar thing happen as well with USPS. My client could see the tracking as well and wasn't upset with me. I did call USPS and requested a refund of my postage. They instructed me to go to my local PO branch with my receipt for my refund. They refunded me in cash and I refunded my buyer the postage she paid. It all worked out but it was sure nerve wracking at the time :banghead: . I hope they get it going in the right direction soon.
I am shocked that they refunded you! Do you know that if you send a package from the US to another country, regardless of the cost of shipping, that USPS will NOT refund the shipping charge if the box is totally lost? You may spend over $100 to ship and have to refund that $100 to the buyer so you will be out $200 total in the shipping, as a seller. USPS will only refund the amount of the item and they want proof of the item price. My local post master told me that to cover the shipping cost in insurance is a waste of my money as it will not be refunded if there is a problem.
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

I have no idea what is up with USPS! This is as bad as my eBay buyer that paid for priority, which took a week to get just to NY. The sad part was the tracking info showed the package as being delivered to me on the exact date and time the carrier picked it up instead of accepted! Of course, the buyer was upset, who wouldn't be? My suggestion is to call your local USPS tomorrow and ask them what the heck is going on. That's what I had to do to get the updated tracking info. Good luck with all of this, and I agree… it's a NIGHTMARE!
CLmamaof4

Post by CLmamaof4 »

I had a doll shipped from the us to Canada. It went to the uk and within hours it was in Ontario lol. I'm sure you will be fine! I think it is their tracking system messing up!
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Well I called up USPS and surprise surprise, they cant see anything other then what I can see. The person I was talking to put some notes in the computer about the package and opened a case. I'm suppose to receive a call from my local post office within 48hrs. If I dont get a call or see any movement in tracking within 48hrs, i'm suppose to call back with the case#. What fun.
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

ColorbyCarina wrote:Well I called up USPS and surprise surprise, they cant see anything other then what I can see. The person I was talking to put some notes in the computer about the package and opened a case. I'm suppose to receive a call from my local post office within 48hrs. If I dont get a call or see any movement in tracking within 48hrs, i'm suppose to call back with the case#. What fun.
When you call again, ask to speak to the Postmaster or Postmistress. The person I talked with at the P. O. automatically transferred me. She was very nice and helpful. I hope you get this sorted out soon!
ariliv2_Amy

Post by ariliv2_Amy »

Suebee_Lullaby Lane wrote:
ariliv2_Amy wrote:I had a similar thing happen as well with USPS. My client could see the tracking as well and wasn't upset with me. I did call USPS and requested a refund of my postage. They instructed me to go to my local PO branch with my receipt for my refund. They refunded me in cash and I refunded my buyer the postage she paid. It all worked out but it was sure nerve wracking at the time :banghead: . I hope they get it going in the right direction soon.
I am shocked that they refunded you! Do you know that if you send a package from the US to another country, regardless of the cost of shipping, that USPS will NOT refund the shipping charge if the box is totally lost? You may spend over $100 to ship and have to refund that $100 to the buyer so you will be out $200 total in the shipping, as a seller. USPS will only refund the amount of the item and they want proof of the item price. My local post master told me that to cover the shipping cost in insurance is a waste of my money as it will not be refunded if there is a problem.

I was pretty surprised too actually. The box wasn't lost though it was just being misdirected all over the US before finally leaving the country. I pointed out to them that I paid for International Express and wasn't getting it due to the US Postal system's mistakes. That's when they directed me to the Post Office for a refund. I'm really glad though that I did get International Express shipping since I wouldn't have gotten tracking otherwise.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I am not a fan of USPS.............I want to be able to track my baby where ever she is................Not the case with USPS............Hope everything works out for you..........Hugs, kathy
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Well after over an hour on the phone today with 3 different people- it appears as though the person who rang me up at the post office coded the package to be delivered to Toronto Canada-not the UK! :shock: Even though I have a printed receipt from the post office which says "Great Britain" they told me the package was coded wrong! So after being transferred over and over, and waiting on hold forever- I finally got the package redirected to the correct destination. I was told it is prepared to leave to the UK and should be arriving there in a day or two.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this! I feel bad for the last person I spoke to cause boy oh boy was I furious lol. Hopefully that's the last of the glitches and baby boy will be with his momma shortly. I'm looking forward to putting this mess behind me.
Mark_Haysman

Post by Mark_Haysman »

I agree, I use UPS for most things now, and I've recently opened an account with them, as I was using them through a 3rd party before. I've now negotiated some fantastic discounted rates, and don't have a minimum shipment level. Touch wood so far, in using them for the last 10 years, they've not lost a single parcel, I can't recall anything ever being delayed for more than a day at most, and they've only ever damaged one item, for which I got instantly compensated for.

Mark.
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Oh Carina! That is horrible and I'm not sure if I believe it. If it says the UK on your receipt she must have coded it that way. I don't think they can type in the destination-just a code. Are they going to refund your payment for you-as they should?

Thank you Mark for the great info on UPS. I might be thinking of a change here myself. The USPS use to be a service to be proud of. Now they are on the verge of bankruptcy and are a total mess!
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Suebee_Lullaby Lane wrote:Oh Carina! That is horrible and I'm not sure if I believe it. If it says the UK on your receipt she must have coded it that way. I don't think they can type in the destination-just a code. Are they going to refund your payment for you-as they should?

Thank you Mark for the great info on UPS. I might be thinking of a change here myself. The USPS use to be a service to be proud of. Now they are on the verge of bankruptcy and are a total mess!
I spoke to 3 different people, all of which said it was coded for Toronto, so who knows. As far as a refund goes, I highly doubt I will get one. They are IMPOSSIBLE! Once the package is delivered safe and sound I will bring all my receipts into the post office and speak with the post master and see what I can do. If by some miracle they do refund me I will send it to my buyer, as she is the one who paid for shipping. I'm really not holding my breath though :roll:
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

sigh, What a mess :( I'm sorry, Carina!!! I hope it arrives asap!
NinasPlayground

Post by NinasPlayground »

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

I have to add my 2 cents to this post. I too am a victim of our wonderful (not) USPS. I shipped a package to the UK on Monday Dec.7, 2014. I paid $120. to ship it express mail for a 3-5 day delivery. Tracking stopped on Friday Dec 12, 2014 when it said it left Heathrow London UK airport on it's way to destination. Royal mail says it never arrived in the UK. I have put a USPS claim in to see if it can be located. It isn't a small box so I won't believe that it is "lost"---stolen maybe but how do you lose a 22 lb. box? Wish that we had a courier service for international shipping besides UPS and FedEx. They are way too expensive. Hope the rest of you get your packages sorted out before Christmas.
Wishing you a blessed day.
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Pat in Alabama wrote:I have to add my 2 cents to this post. I too am a victim of our wonderful (not) USPS. I shipped a package to the UK on Monday Dec.7, 2014. I paid $120. to ship it express mail for a 3-5 day delivery. Tracking stopped on Friday Dec 12, 2014 when it said it left Heathrow London UK airport on it's way to destination. Royal mail says it never arrived in the UK. I have put a USPS claim in to see if it can be located. It isn't a small box so I won't believe that it is "lost"---stolen maybe but how do you lose a 22 lb. box? Wish that we had a courier service for international shipping besides UPS and FedEx. They are way too expensive. Hope the rest of you get your packages sorted out before Christmas.
I'm so sorry Pat! That's horrible!! I also went for the express 3-5 days and mine also got stuck for quite a while on the 12th! Of corse mine was in Canada, not the UK.

You can try to track your package on this site: http://m.parcelforce.com/h5/

My package did appear on there this morning but now this afternoon it sees nothing. Makes a lot of freakin sense! :banghead:
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I feel terrible for you Carina. I too have had it with USPS. I recently received two very expensive silicones that were both sent priority. Other than showing that they were dropped off at the post office of the senders there were absolutely no updates for days. And they both took like 5 days to arrive. It is very frustrating when you have such an expensive doll in transit to not see any updates.
I also purchased a few dolls from Germany in the past few months. The German DHL tracking was wonderful with frequent updates. All the babies arrived in the US within a week. However once USPS took over there were absolutely no updates on the tracking. All the babies eventually got here but it took longer for them to get from NY to NJ which is a stone's throw away then from Germany to NY. Talk about a messed up system.
:bash:
Hugs,
Nadia

Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

I sent out a package at the end of November to WA. It took them over 2 weeks to get it to its destination which was supposed to take 2-3 days. It kept floating back and forth between WA and PA, and even ended up in TX at one point. They gave me the # for Consumer Affairs, but srsly let me tell you that did me no good. Noone there ever answered. Waited on the phone one of the days for 2.5 hrs. I finally emailed and then got the # to speak with someone at a diff office. They finally refunded me the shipping and it got there the next day!! The people at the post office are SO incompetent!! I shipped out Christmas gifts from UPS but IDK if I can do that again bc it was SO expensive!!
I'm sorry that you are going thru this. I hope they can get it all fixed for you!!