I AM FREAKING OUT! USPS Nightmare

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Mark_Haysman

Re: I AM FREAKING OUT! USPS Nightmare

Post by Mark_Haysman »

Pat in Alabama wrote:...Wish that we had a courier service for international shipping besides UPS and FedEx. They are way too expensive....
Only if you go direct with no account. In the UK we have 3rd party shippers, like Interparcel, Parcel2go etc, and others. They will have much better rates than going direct. Yes, they can be a bit more expensive than the post office (and sometimes they can be a lot less!), but at the end of the day you have to toss up between "do you want your parcel delivered quickly and undamaged" or "do you want your parcel hopefully delivered sometime, and maybe a bit bashed up, if not completely lost".

Mark.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I use Fed X. They have better domestic rates and IMO better service. I've never had a problem in the 10 yrs that I have used them. So sorry about your package, I can imagine how stressful that can be. Your customer can most likely get her money back for the postage if it was guaranteed to arrive at a certain date.
Tina

Post by Tina »

I always use Parcel2go to send larger items and I have never had a problem with any of mine both domestic and international, for smaller items sent within UK I always use Hermes as they are a good price and very reliable. Internationally for smaller items I have no choice but to use Royal Mail, I sent a parcel to Kellie recently and it took nearly 2 weeks to reach her, it was supposed to be 5-7 days, not sure if it was our postal service or the U.S postal service that caused it to take twice as long to reach her. xxxx
Dreambabies52

Post by Dreambabies52 »

The USPS needs a wake-up call. Forget tracking updates, it's a joke. Totally fed up in Texas .
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Usually I have great luck with the post office. I know this time of year it can get bad. I have a package that was sent priority 2 day,that is a joke. If that was a guarantee it would have been here today, and it isn't, no surprise there!

Botton line is that I have heard horror stories with ALL of the major carriers. This time of year it is generally worse though.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

littlepinknurserytina wrote:I always use Parcel2go to send larger items and I have never had a problem with any of mine both domestic and international, for smaller items sent within UK I always use Hermes as they are a good price and very reliable. Internationally for smaller items I have no choice but to use Royal Mail, I sent a parcel to Kellie recently and it took nearly 2 weeks to reach her, it was supposed to be 5-7 days, not sure if it was our postal service or the U.S postal service that caused it to take twice as long to reach her. xxxx
Oh it was probably the USPS that took so long!! :roll: It's really sad because they never seem to get better with service, only worse! :( And trying to get your money back is nearly impossible!! :banghead: Even when they admit it is their fault!!! :evil:

Any word on your package yet Carina?
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

Kelliegirl wrote:
littlepinknurserytina wrote:I always use Parcel2go to send larger items and I have never had a problem with any of mine both domestic and international, for smaller items sent within UK I always use Hermes as they are a good price and very reliable. Internationally for smaller items I have no choice but to use Royal Mail, I sent a parcel to Kellie recently and it took nearly 2 weeks to reach her, it was supposed to be 5-7 days, not sure if it was our postal service or the U.S postal service that caused it to take twice as long to reach her. xxxx
Oh it was probably the USPS that took so long!! :roll: It's really sad because they never seem to get better with service, only worse! :( And trying to get your money back is nearly impossible!! :banghead: Even when they admit it is their fault!!! :evil:

Any word on your package yet Carina?
YES!! Baby is finally at my customers local post office so he will be arriving either later today or tomorrow. :headspin:
OddlySweet_Lacey

Post by OddlySweet_Lacey »

Sometimes packages are re-routed without notice, someone could of put it in the wrong bin ect. Packages are not guaranteed INTL unless you pay for "guarenteed by such and such date" which is more expensive. It is the busy time of year and I always tell my clients it's out of my hands even if they paid more. If you paid for your package "guaranteed" they will give you your $ back.
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

BABY BOY IS FINALLY WITH HIS NEW MUM!!!! Thank God! Lol. I realise I probably wont get a refund for my shipping from them, but I sure am going to try! It's their fault that they coded it to go to Canada, not mine! Not to mention the box arrived in horrible shape! I will probably be wasting my time but it's worth giving it a shot atleast. The most important thing is that the box got to where it needed to be and didnt end up lost or stolen.