Desperate & dolly depressed. How do I fix this?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
karenwhitmore

Desperate & dolly depressed. How do I fix this?

Post by karenwhitmore »

I've never found myself in this situation and I keep thinking it'll ease up with time but it's not. Recently, I took the plunge in order to buy a dream baby and I began selling ALOT of stuff. I'd never spent that much for a ddoll so it was a big decision for me. Well, the whole thing ended up turning into a disaster as the doll was severely flawed when I received it so I ended up returning him and getting my money back. That in itself has been a HARD pill to swallow.

Anyway, I sold a treasured kit in the process in order to bring him home. I broke up my set of twins and sold my Edward Taylor girl kit. I am desperately sick over this now. I've advertised to buy another but the only response I received was another let down. I was told they had one on layaway with Claire that I could take over, just to find out from Claire that she had cancelled the layaway some time ago. :dunno:

I've recently sent my William off to have him made and I truly am excited about getting him back. But I have a huge hole in my heart bc I am regretting not having his sister anymore. I had plans for them. I'd bought matching clothes etc. I am literally depressed over this. It's the worst dolly decision I've ever made.

I've flip-flopped through other kits trying to find a sister for William but I can't seem to make myself buy one and settle. I just want my Edward back but she's gone. The lady I sold her to won't sell her back to me and I can't find one and I'm literally depressed. I've never been depressed over a doll! I feel guilty like I sold my child! And even worse, I'm worried that when I get my William back I'm going to be even more depressed that he's coming home alone instead of being excited like I should be. I see her little clothes I'd bought and it makes it even worse.
I should be focused on Christmas and the upcoming holidays and all I can think about is wanting my twins. It's been one let down after another and I lost a precious baby in all the hype. I've learned a dear lesson but it hurts all the same.

What do I do? I've got to get out of this funk I'm in.
mandyuk

Re: Desperate & dolly depressed. How do I fix this?

Post by mandyuk »

I know how you feel, I sold just about all my collection for my very first full body silicone and I was totally let down when I got her (even her hair colour was complete opposite of what I asked for). I sold her on but will never get the many lovely babies back that I sold on to get her.
Jane

Post by Jane »

So sorry you can't find another Edward kit Karen . What about Claires kit " Hope " . I think she would make a nice sister for William . She is a little more money but for a full body kit - not to bad . Claire has a lay away for her too . I will keep my eyes open for a Edward for you too .
Hug's Jane

:heart: :heart: :heart: Sweet Baby Clara :heart: :heart: :heart:
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

Honestly, What I would do if in your shoes is to DECIDE that you are going to love your Edward when he returns having his color and growing some hair (if you chose him to have hair :) ).

Now: You have your lump sum from your sales: SIT ON THE FENCE and wait. Because soon our wonderful artists are ready to put out new editions: they always do. When the time and the baby is right: you have the money ready and buy either a new FB or a set of twins for your money.
Claire is a productive artist. So is Bonnie Brown just to mention two. You will get your high end twins that I can promise you that you will love. But you have to be patient. If you have an artist in mind, I would send her a mail and get ready to hit that buy button as the first one.

And also you never know: one day your Edward girl will come up for sale. They always do, as certain as it is that a new beatuful sculpt is just around the corner :wink:

:hug:
Annette

Post by Annette »

I'm so sorry you're feeling down. :hug: Have been there myself, just a little while ago, after selling my Jodi-Lee. Regretted it as soon as I'd sent her off. And her new mama didn't want to send her back either. Which is totally understandable. But did say that, IF she ever decided to sell her on, that she'd let me know. ;)
I hope you can find another sister for your baby. But, in the meantime, try and enjoy the Christmas season. Tomorrow is another day, and you never know what it will bring. :).
Hugs Annette
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I would simply keep looking and advertising for another Edward kit. I think another will turn up for you eventually. There have certainly been lots of them sold in the past. Someone will need money one day, as you did, and offer theirs up for sale. I wouldn't buy a different kit as I'm afraid you'd just be disappointed yet again. The whole thing sounds sad and I'm sorry you're going through it but try and be patient......I think another Edward will find her way home to you.

Hang in there Karen. Just think things thru very carefully before making any more sudden dolly decisions. It'll work out. It just may take some time.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
amandasbabies

Post by amandasbabies »

I'm so incredibly sorry for you and your situation! I too have ordered a full body silicone, spent more than I had ever spent on a doll at that point, and it was from a reputable artists, tons of people have dolls from this artists and had nothing but positive things to say. And they posted pictures all the time of their dolls and I thought they looked great. So I made the plunge and ordered a boy. I was so excited when the box arrived only to be so completely disappointed in him. His skin coloring was liver colored, he seriously looked jaundice, his veining was done with a ball point pen randomly, his head wasn't glued all the way on and I had to contact the artists on how to glue it on. She ended up crediting me money to go buy silicone glue. It was a disaster. I ended up selling him here on DF and the first thing the person did when she received him was strip all his paint off. He looked a lot better then! But still liver colored. I wish someone would have been honest with me. I posted on how I ordered him and I was so excited. I wish someone would have PM me and told me what a bad paint job this artist does and other problems with her dolls as I KNOW now that I wasn't the only one that received a doll like this as my friend ordered one too and hers was just as bad. But, I learned a lesson the hard way, ask others in PM how their babies look for real before ordering.

Have you checked Ebay for his sister? Have you asked in the for sale section on DF if someone is planning to have one available soon? I would give you one of mine, but I sold them all for Katie. I really hope your boy comes back perfect and you find a sister for him. Hugs and prayers for you!
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

Take yourself shopping with the money from the refund, & get lots of christmas stuff for real people & be thankful you're having a healthy christmas. That's how I would fix it. I hear ebola hit countries have cancelled christmas. I think the doll world loses sight of what really matters sometimes. And i'm not having a go there, i'm serious, we all do. Doll collecting/making gets very intense, it takes over a bit.
Tina

Post by Tina »

I am so sorry you are feeling so down Karen but I do understand why you are feeling this way, when I sold my Huti baby Beatrix I did not think I would ever find a baby who would mean as much to me as she did but then I found my Sophie, she is a sculpt I have wanted for ages and she came along at just the right time as I had the funds waiting in the bank for a new baby so everything worked out perfectly and I really hope the same thing happens for you. xxxx
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Thank you all. You are all right. I feel like I've let this take me over. It's really weird.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am so sorry Karen. I am most sorry for the doll you bought from selling everything was a mess :bash: ... I hope in the coming week with more Christmas activities you will feel better. I have sold a doll that I have regretted horribly. If I see one for sale now they are 5k or above and I just won't spend that kind of money on a doll. Hugs to you...
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

Is the only difference in the Edward boy and girl sculpts the belly plate? If so, you may just want to dress your Edward boy as a girl first to make sure you like the sculpt as a girl. Sometimes a sculpt looks all boy, or all girl to me. Good luck! :baby1:
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

Karen, I also feel very bitter-dolly at this time. Someone offered me a doll dream that I was looking for years. I did not read the title of the PM and to read the contents of PM understood that she was offering me another doll that was not what I wanted, and rejected the doll.
When I realized my mistake the doll that I wanted was already sold.

I know the world is full of horrible misfortunes, but we are here talking about dolls, and I can´t overcome my sadness about for mistakenly reject the doll that I love so much. :( :banghead:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Jonilyn wrote:Is the only difference in the Edward boy and girl sculpts the belly plate? If so, you may just want to dress your Edward boy as a girl first to make sure you like the sculpt as a girl. Sometimes a sculpt looks all boy, or all girl to me. Good luck! :baby1:

This reason is why I chose to sell my girl Taylor twin and not the boy. Because they really do both look like boys to me. Lol. But now that she's gone, I don't care. My friends baby girl in real life looks like a boy but I still love her! :lol: I'll pierce her ears and love her just the same. Maybe she'll come along one day.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Jonilyn wrote:Is the only difference in the Edward boy and girl sculpts the belly plate? If so, you may just want to dress your Edward boy as a girl first to make sure you like the sculpt as a girl. Sometimes a sculpt looks all boy, or all girl to me. Good luck! :baby1:
The Edward Taylor is sleeping and the William Taylor is awake...otherwise they are the same doll. They both look like boys to me so I have never seen "girl" and in fact the few "Edward girls" I have seen I don't like -- it just might be that you need to find a "girl" Taylor doll as William's twin -- since they can't ever be identical since they would be a boy and a girl.... so my suggestion is go find yourself a Taylor doll that goes with William -- now that's a project. And I think maybe you feel mad at yourself for what you consider to be a bad decision to sell Edward in the first place. Forgive yourself. It is over. Go on to something else and don't miss out on the joys of the Season or the coming home of William. Forgive yourself. Hugs, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Karen, I know how you feel............I have done that several times..........I always tell the lady who bought the doll to let me know if she ever wants to sell her back to let me know.................I have bought several back when it was months later................Hope you feel better..........Hugs, Kathy
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Karen,
I am sorry for what you are going through. In the past two months, two of my dream silicone babies became available. Zoe in my siggy and most recently baby Janika arrived. I had to sell several dolls that I considered keepers to be able to get the new babies. Fortunately for me, I am so in love with both of my new babies which makes it easier to send off the other babies to their new moms.
I think it is just a matter of time before Edward becomes available. There are constantly new dolls coming out and most people need to sell to buy more. I also love the Hope kit as she makes a darling girl. So that might be something to consider. I would just keep advertising in the wanted ads for Edward. Good luck to you.
Hugs,
Nadia

Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

A word to the wise... try not to be tempted to buy other dolls to fill the hole your Edward girl left. Set aside the money and wait for her to come back to you. I'm pretty sure she will. I'd kindly ask the lady who bought yours to keep you in mind as first option if she'll ever decide to sell your baby, sometimes things go differently from what expected and I wouldn't be surprised if some time down the road she'd decide to sell. Good luck to you!!
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

Aw I am so sorry Karen! I hope another Edward girl comes along for you soon. Keep those dolly funds reserved just for her, because like everyone has said she will resurface for sale from someone at some point! :heart:
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
Laurax

Post by Laurax »

I know how you feel! It's a gut wrenching feeling. I sold off a lot of my other beautiful reborns to get a silicone and while he was beautiful, he wasn't for me. I regret the decision every single day!