Pony Express went lame!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annette

Pony Express went lame!

Post by Annette »

Good grief! Canada Post is getting slower and slower! Regardless of it being the holiday season, it shouldn't take nearly 10 days for a package to get from Winnipeg to me here in Saskatoon. Unless of course, the pony went lame!!!
I just sent a box to my parents, two provinces away, and it got there the very next day! So why the difference? It's not as if they're going against the jet stream or anything! :dunno: :roll: Guess they must have sent it by foot! :lol:
Hugs Annette
Elisabettas Babies

Re: Pony Express went lame!

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Probably they are having the mail people hitchhike these days to save money. I've been waiting for a parcel from my MIL for a month now and it's not here yet. Should have taken no more than 10 days.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Elisabettas Babies wrote:Probably they are having the mail people hitchhike these days to save money.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :toofunny:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I think it also depends on WHEN the person ships!
I find that quite a few sit on packages for a week before bringing it to the post office, or they print the label and let it sit for days before dropping it off :(
In this case since it is family so it is a bit different, but I have had packages from a state away arrive later than ones in another country!

I am waiting on a doll right now that I bought a week ago. I bought other things since then from Europe, and several states away that have arrived already :(
It is beyond frustrating...why do people NOT ship within a day or two? It wouldn't be as bad if they at least TELL you they plan to wait a week to ship :evil:

Sorry to vent on your thread, I just had to get that out! :oops:
Annette

Post by Annette »

jenlovesdolls wrote:I think it also depends on WHEN the person ships!
I find that quite a few sit on packages for a week before bringing it to the post office, or they print the label and let it sit for days before dropping it off :(
In this case since it is family so it is a bit different, but I have had packages from a state away arrive later than ones in another country!

I am waiting on a doll right now that I bought a week ago. I bought other things since then from Europe, and several states away that have arrived already :(
It is beyond frustrating...why do people NOT ship within a day or two? It wouldn't be as bad if they at least TELL you they plan to wait a week to ship :evil:

You're so right! That's exactly what happened with my box! The label was printed 5 days before it was actually taken to the post office. If I'd been told that it wouldn't be taken right away, I wouldn't have worried, but nothing was mentioned. When I am selling something, I always try and get it out right away, at least within a couple of days, and always tell the buyer WHEN it's going out.
Hope your package arrives soon. :)
Hugs Annette
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I always make a point to notify the buyer when something has shipped and give a tracking number. Just so much less stressful for everyone.
Hugs,
Nadia

judyinontario

Post by judyinontario »

I hear ya, the postal service needs a serious overhaul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Annette wrote:
jenlovesdolls wrote:I think it also depends on WHEN the person ships!

You're so right! That's exactly what happened with my box! The label was printed 5 days before it was actually taken to the post office. If I'd been told that it wouldn't be taken right away, I wouldn't have worried, but nothing was mentioned. When I am selling something, I always try and get it out right away, at least within a couple of days, and always tell the buyer WHEN it's going out.
Hope your package arrives soon. :)

I try to ship out same day if I can. If I can't get it out within 2 days, I message the person and let them know. I have had NO communication at all since I paid. I just got notice the label was shipped, and it hasn't even gone to the post office according to tracking :( So I wait almost a week for them to print a label and I can only guess how many more days until it actually get mailed out :(
It makes me not want to buy from certain people anymore. Communication is HUGE! When I get no communication, or lame excuses it makes me not want to ever buy from that person again, no matter how nice the doll is!

I keep saying I will save my money and wait for doll shows. At least then I will have it right away and seeing in person I will know for sure I love the baby.
The problem is, I have zero willpower to wait LOL
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I always try to ship out the next day when someone buys something.................USPS is CRAZY but I know how busy they are right now...............Hugs, Kathy