Do you buy all new Christmas clothes every year?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jubileejulie

Do you buy all new Christmas clothes every year?

Post by jubileejulie »

I am just wondering if you buy all new Christmas clothes every year? or dress your babies in the same outfits? Or rotate who gets to wear what outfit?

I buy some new ones but some of my favorite babies look so perfect in certain Christmas outfits that I am reluctant to put them in something new. I do try to rotate outfits a bit but there are a certain few that wear the same thing every year.
EmilyD

Re: Do you buy all new Christmas clothes every year?

Post by EmilyD »

When I was collecting, I would change most of their outfits each Christmas, since I did a group photo, but some of them just rotated outfits, or I used tights from last year, but bought a new dress.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I never do. I am too cheap LOL
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Nope. I just buy what I like when I see it and use whichever ones that strike me at the moment when I'm dressing them.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I will keep the same things if I just love them. I think I have a good stash now so won't need to buy any next year
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I haven't been collecting long enough to say, but I did buy new stuff this year when I already had stuff from last year. I'm sure it will depend on whether or not I see something one of my babies just has to havee. :-)
MamaChristine

Post by MamaChristine »

I tend to buy at the after Christmas sales

though I only have a few babies out at a time
Christine in Australia
breanne clare marie

Post by breanne clare marie »

This year and last year are the only years I've had babies to dress for Christmas. Last year my mom surprised me by going out and finding matching outfits for all the babies (I had 5 at the time). They were cute and I appreciated the sentiment but they weren't really "my style". I thanked her profusely, I dressed them up and did tree pictures, but after Christmas was over I sold them (I ended up not keeping any of those babies anyway...it took me a long time to find my "keepers"!)

So of course this year I had no Christmas outfits, and even if I'd kept the Christmas outfits i'd had from last year they wouldn't've fit anybody anyway.

I also ended up getting my dream baby (Everlie Huti) very close to Christmas so I went a bit overboard.
I have matching PJs for all three of my little babies (Everlie, Sienna Rae & Presley), two coordinating gowns I got when I just had Sienna Rae and Presley, a pair of reindeer PJs from Target for Everlie while we decorate the tree, and a fancy dressup outfit for her for Christmas Day. I also bought matching Christmas outfits for Sienna Rae and Presley (see signature). Sooo...that makes 9 new Christmas outfits this year... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I figure that maybe the novelty of Everlie will have worn off by next Christmas and I'll just do matching PJs for all the babies again :lol:
"life began when i saw your face & i hear your laugh like a serenade..."
[edie roberta aka saoirse by bonnie brown as painted by stacey haskins!]
Tina

Post by Tina »

As I only have one baby at a time I do buy a new Xmas outfit each year , Sophie will be wearing a red tartan Laura Ashley smocked dress this year. Xxxx
Last edited by Tina on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Nope, I am tempted every year but I resist the temptation.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

I bought outfits that I love so much , that I wound up buying the same style in any others sizes I could find. DF is such a great place to buy dresses etc. I did rotate the outfits a bit since last year.
MonikaS
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

I buy a few new ones at the end of the season from the year before. They will go for 75% off if you are patient. I use some of my favorites over and over from year to year. I have an addiction for Christmas baby items. :lol:
Wishing you a blessed day.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I just buy all year round...............I wish I had the time to dress all my babies for Christmas............Hugs, Kathy