Does anyone else miss soft silicone bodies?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Beachwalker Mandy

Re: Does anyone else miss soft silicone bodies?

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

I was just sitting here tonight wondering if I would ever own a full bodied silicone doll and thinking about the cost of them and wondering when and if the prices will come down. I found this thread right away and I find it interesting. I have my Cale as you all know. I love her cuddle factor. I also can pose her in different ways and I enjoy being able to do that. I haven't really had any desire to put her in sunsuits or anything because she looks so cute in the stuff I have for her now.
The main attraction to the full silicones for me would be the fact you can put anything on the doll, even just a diaper and it looks cute. The drawback is the stiff body and the rigidness of it. I know, you have said some are buttery soft such as the Malloy babies. That would be my preference in the FBS. And of course the price. The ones with the cloth bodies are less of course and a lot of them are just so scrumptious to look at.
margaretsbabies

Post by margaretsbabies »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:I love to cuddle the soft bodies & pose/dress/admire the full body babies. :toast:
I am the same. I love cuddling the soft bodied babies. :heart:
Marg
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Wow I wrote this post and then I have been too busy to look. Glad to see all the responses and artists listening. I also think that not only are they more cuddly the price is better. The cost is getting out of people's reach as many of you mentioned. I have one full bodied silicone and that's enough for me to just have in my collection. I miss my cloth bodied ones can't wait to see artists making them again :baby:
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I still have some beautiful soft-bodied silicones on my web site. Check them out!!

Hugs,
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Yes!!! I started out with FBS babies, and I was resistant to buying a soft bodied baby, but once I did, I never looked back. And FBS babies are fixed in their poses, so you're limited as to how you can pose them for photos. I love the cuddle factor, the posability and the lighter weight of soft bodied babies. A full size NB-3 months FBS baby, that can weigh anywhere between 8-12 lbs. is way too heavy for me to pick-up, hold and dress. I'm also going with smaller, soft bodied babies for that reason, as well.