Glue for silicone?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
elise1114

Glue for silicone?

Post by elise1114 »

My Lottie Huti has a loose eyelash. What kind of glue is best to re-adhere it?
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

georgeanne

Re: Glue for silicone?

Post by georgeanne »

The glue I use from Smooth-On, is sil-poxy which is not cost effective to buy for just doing eyeslashes try some silicone aquarium glue you can get it cheap at the dreaded Walmart. Think they have it at Target, K-Mart they have it at pet stores s well.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
stefnanny

Post by stefnanny »

georgeanne wrote:The glue I use from Smooth-On, is sil-poxy which is not cost effective to buy for just doing eyeslashes try some silicone aquarium glue you can get it cheap at the dreaded Walmart. Think they have it at Target, K-Mart they have it at pet stores s well.
Do you think that the aquarium glue is as good as the sil poxy? I need some but have been putting off because of the price. Geesh it is expensive as I only need to glue the ear. Also does the silpoxy dry up after one use?
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

I am running to smooth on next week for materials and they sell smaller little tubes. I can see what the price is and I will pick some up. I wouldn't suggest fish tank caulk as its not made up of the same properties and the reaction isn't really known long term.
elise1114

Post by elise1114 »

If you're able to get smaller tubes I would love to get one from you. Just PM me the price.

Thanks much!
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I should have pointed out that I have never used silicone sealant I have always and will always use Sil-Poxy. I have heard over these last 10 years of people who use the silicone sealant and they have had good results. I didn't say anything about using caulk.
Last edited by georgeanne on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

How much is a small tube of sil-poxy? I need a little too...........Hugs, Kathy
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I'll probably take one too, Denise. Just let me know how much.
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

I usually buy them 10 tubes at a time because the larger tubes seem to go bad once you open them if you don't use it all the time. Since I rarely ever have a need for silpoxy it was easier to purchase the tiny tubes. I will let you all know when I get them this week. They are 0.5 ounce size and we pay $11.40 per tube. The 3 ounce tubes are much more expensive at $28.71. Here is the link to Reynolds if anyone is wanting to check it out. They only waive our sales tax with our business license. http://www.reynoldsam.com/product/sil-poxy/
stefnanny

Post by stefnanny »

Denise O wrote:I usually buy them 10 tubes at a time because the larger tubes seem to go bad once you open them if you don't use it all the time. Since I rarely ever have a need for silpoxy it was easier to purchase the tiny tubes. I will let you all know when I get them this week. They are 0.5 ounce size and we pay $11.40 per tube. The 3 ounce tubes are much more expensive at $28.71. Here is the link to Reynolds if anyone is wanting to check it out. They only waive our sales tax with our business license. http://www.reynoldsam.com/product/sil-poxy/
That would be great to get one too. Thanks so much.
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

Hi
We made our smooth on run today and purchased the silpoxy. You can purchase it right on our website. http://www.d3creation.com/shop/rubbers- ... 1/2-ounce/