wanted to share this positive reaction...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
BeccalovesBabies

wanted to share this positive reaction...

Post by BeccalovesBabies »

Hi ladies, I wanted to share what happened yesterday when I took Susannah Claire with me to an appointment.

I see a therapist weekly. He is the most WONDERFUL man and has saved my life more than once. Helping people become mentally healthy is truly his passion and it shows. Anyway, I had told him about Susie and he expressed interest in seeing her, so I took her along yesterday. He was absolutely aghast at how real she is - as I took the blanket off her his first comment was "Oh my gosh, look at her hair!" He admired her painting and all her detailing on her hands and feet, and then insisted on holding her. I told him about how they are used often in nursing homes and alzheimer's facilities and he was fascinated with that aspect of it. I told him how much it calms me sometimes to hold her and rock her, and his reaction was "I can see why, I'm really glad you got her, I think she will be good for you." :D
Becca
It's your life. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.
MonikaS

Re: wanted to share this positive reaction...

Post by MonikaS »

That is wonderful!
MonikaS
BrendasDollBabies

Post by BrendasDollBabies »

I loved hearing this! I haven't met one person that has had a positive reaction when I've mention having a reborn doll. I've don't even use the term "reborn" , I tend to say "realistic artistry" dolls. I'm so happy you met a professional that was open minded, supportive and understanding. Sounds like you have an awesome therapist.
elise1114

Post by elise1114 »

What a wonderful, supportive reaction! I have to agree that sitting and rocking a snuggly baby is great therapy. :D
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

desiree_artsydoll

Post by desiree_artsydoll »

I love that it, truth be told I took a viscious anxiety attack last week and one of my babies brought me back, being a relaxing distraction
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

Im so glad that he was supportive and really gets it. For many years I worked in a very stressful job. The best way to get rid of tension and relax was to grab a doll , and this was way before reborns came into the picture, and change her clothes, change her hair and take pictures. By the time I was done I was feeling human again. Reborn or manufactured, for me it's like smelling oranges....refreshing! :foryou:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
ladyelizabeth

Post by ladyelizabeth »

Thanks for sharing :D What an accepting therapist.
Perhaps one day Cuddle Therapy will be officially recognized for its actual therapeutic benefits. :heart: :heart:
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Wonderful story..
I was seeing a counselor years ago.. My Dad has just died... and I had so many unresolved issues..
This is way before reborns..or anything regarding dolls on line..
I was telling her about AD'S newborn baby girl.. She was my first doll in years.. and I had bought her a few outfits
at the second hand shop.. Well, she really gained my trust and I confided in her about this doll that I loved to hold and cuddle..

She too was so positive about my doll....that I couldn't wait to bring her in with me to share her..

I have never forgtten how comfotable she made me feel about the fact I loved this doll. We sure need more people like this in our lives.. BTW this goes all the way back to the early 90's...
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

How wonderful and for your Dr. to say that is so sweet...............Babies can do amazing healing..........Hugs, Kathy