experience with Itnl shipping

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
desiree_artsydoll

experience with Itnl shipping

Post by desiree_artsydoll »

Hello all, I figured I would ask, because I have close to zero experience with international shipping, I have a baby coming from canada to USA,, poor thing has been stuck in "isc chicago il" since feb 25th. I know it is soon for me to panic lol just wondering what your experiences were like, and how long (If any) time was spent in one of these units? So scary, poor little babe, I just want her home! :)
Kim

Re: experience with Itnl shipping

Post by Kim »

Hi, What does isc stand for? Tracking is awful right now and packages being late. I am having the same issue with domestic tracking, I hope it works out for you and she is home in no time.
Hugs,
Kim
Annette

Post by Annette »

Unfortunately, tracking information has been very lax of late, and you can't depend on it, either in Canada or the U.S. It might say that she's still in customs, but actually might be on the road, out for delivery. You might find that she will be home before the tracking is even updated. Hopefully she'll be home soon. I've had a few packages lately, that say they are stuck in customs, and low and behold, there they are in my rural mailbox. ;)
Hugs Annette
desiree_artsydoll

Post by desiree_artsydoll »

Oh goodness, sounds like a nightmare... isc is some kinddof international some thing or other, I sure hope she just shows up. I hate this waiting game
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

desiree_artsydoll wrote:Oh goodness, sounds like a nightmare... isc is some kinddof international some thing or other, I sure hope she just shows up. I hate this waiting game
ISC is the customs entry... Make sure you switch postal countries from Canada to US - you would track till ISC and then change to USPS and you can see more info usually.
MonikaS
BrendasDollBabies

Post by BrendasDollBabies »

I'm glad to see this as I'll be having a custom baby coming from Canada in a few weeks. I was wondering how long I should expect it to take for her to get through customs and make it to my rural area. The only experience I've had with international shipping had been to and from Norway and then several APO addresses but those all took about 3 weeks.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

ISC = international sorting center :wink:
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

I've had two boxes stuck there for a while now. One got there on the 24th and hasn't moved since and the other got there on the 1st and hasn't moved. I know they've been hit with some pretty severe snow storms over there recently so weather has impacted them quite a bit. But I've been checking their weather and it looks as if things are starting to clear up so hopefully tracking will start updating again soon :) I have 3 babies over there so I know that panicked feeling you start to get!