I need help, could you help me to understand please .

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Marie777

I need help, could you help me to understand please .

Post by Marie777 »

Hello,

I put my prototype Tiffany on ebay on saturday and I just received a message from ebay telling me that my listing for prototype Tiffany from Susan Lippl has been removed: Brand Name Misuse.

Ebay told me that the reason is :
""""Adding brand, celebrity, or manufacturer names to a listing that was not made by that company, person, or manufacturer isn't allowed.
Making comparisons or including unrelated terms in your listing may confuse buyers who may not be clear about what is actually being offered. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer claim being filed.
To avoid any problems in the future, please use only terms that describe your item accurately.
Please understand that you used the brand name "Prototype, OOAK, Tiffany Susan Lippl" in the title /description of the listing. Sellers aren't permitted to use any unrelated brand names in a title or description of the listing as it results in poor search experience. Members must not use any brand name other than the brand name of the company that manufactured/produced the item being offered in the listing, or the celebrity who has owned or officially endorsed the item being offered. You can relist your item by removing the unrelated brand name from the listing. I?ve noticed that this is the first time you breached eBay policy; please take some time to read our help pages. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via chat or email. If you see an item that isn?t allowed, it?s probably because we aren?t aware about it. We encourage you to report us such questionable listings through report item link located on the item page."""
I really do not understand why ebay removed my listing !!!! I always put the name of the sculptor on my listing and nearly 100% of reborners put the name of the sculptor to describe the item.
I feel so sorry for the inconvenient and will try to fix it with ebay. I will realist my baby as soon as possible.

Did one of you ever had the same problem ?
Do you understand why ebay.uk remove my item, as nearly 100% of the auction had the name of the sculptor on ?? I always put the name of the sculptor on my auctions. I really do not understand !!
Thanks for your help..
Littleonesmariena

Re: I need help, could you help me to understand please .

Post by Littleonesmariena »

It would be the word Tiffany that has been picked up by their 'search' engine on ebay
Renaissance Babies Tracey

Post by Renaissance Babies Tracey »

Yes, it could be the word Tiffany, which was an antique glass manufacturer, now much copied.
Jane105

Post by Jane105 »

It's your use of "Tiffany" which is a registered trademark of Tiffany & Co. That combined with OAAK and prototype can be view as misleading e.g. your not selling say a large one off diamond ring which you would expect from Tiffany but a doll.
Jane

Follow us on social media-
Youtube Facebook Instagram
Marie777

Post by Marie777 »

Thank you so much for your help Mariena, tracey and Jane, I really appreciate it !! :grouphug:
This is probably what's happened because I could not understand why they removed my auction as I always put the name of the sculptor and the name of the kit on my auctions. I think nearly 100% of the auctions are like that !
I am going to wait until ebay contact me and see how to fix it. Again thanks for your help !
Hugs,
Marie
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Jane105 wrote:It's your use of "Tiffany" which is a registered trademark of Tiffany & Co. That combined with OAAK and prototype can be view as misleading e.g. your not selling say a large one off diamond ring which you would expect from Tiffany but a doll.
Jane
I've had one pulled before when I used the word "Tiffany" in my auction. I was reselling some Tiffany & Co. jewelry that I owned.
Jane105

Post by Jane105 »

Shannon wrote:
Jane105 wrote:It's your use of "Tiffany" which is a registered trademark of Tiffany & Co. That combined with OAAK and prototype can be view as misleading e.g. your not selling say a large one off diamond ring which you would expect from Tiffany but a doll.
Jane
I've had one pulled before when I used the word "Tiffany" in my auction. I was reselling some Tiffany & Co. jewelry that I owned.
Yet more proof Ebay is a law unto its self! :dunno:
Jane

Follow us on social media-
Youtube Facebook Instagram
IansMommie

Post by IansMommie »

I was wondering what happened to your listing. Silly that one can not use the word Tiffany. I guess the traffic and dollar amount triggered something in the ebay system...

Good luck on your new auction. :heart:
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

Ridiculous..... :bash: :bash: