Question for the experts

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

Re: Question for the experts

Post by Brooke »

I'm not an expert at anything at all! But I do know that people change out the limbs from one kit to another all the time. The kit is yours; you own it and you can do whatever you want to make her your own baby. On the Bountiful Baby site there are lots of just limbs you can buy. You can have arms from one sculpt, legs from another or whatever. There are other places you can find just limbs too. Have fun!
Beth

Post by Beth »

She's darling that's for sure. Where are you finding Debbie's Reborn Gallery at? Her website has not been coming up for me.
About the limbs that's what I love the most about reborns over silicone's you can find limbs for them. And yes it's ok to
change limbs out. I do it all the time. Here is a link they have great limbs and prices.
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online- ... /limb-sets
Hugs,
Beth
Beth

Post by Beth »

Ok I have been wondering why I could not get her site to come up. I loved her babies. Thanks for the info. :D
Hugs,
Beth
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

Its easily done to change limbs on any kit. However a few things you definitely want to consider are 1) make sure to use vinyls manufactured by the same company as she was, because the feel of softness and the colors may vary alot. If you go with a orange based vinyl on the original and end up with a light neutral, pink vinyl, or even a blue base, colors will need neutralizer to match the original starting base to sucessfuly match her head.
Her painting is beautifully done, and the second thing to consider is no two artists paint the same or use the same colors. While limbs can definitely be redone to go with her head, chances of a 100% match may not be possible due to her original artist layering techniques and color blends that are unieque to her work.
So yes its doable, but you probably will not end up witha perfect match to her original colors on her limbs and face, but a good artist could get it close.
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

Porportions should be easy enough for your artists...but you can always ask. If she is for example produced by doll dreams, then all the doll dreams manufactured will use the same vinyls. Best bet is your suggestion to def ask the seller who produced the kit. Vinyls can be matched even if they are different with an experienced artist. Your biggest issue is just finding your artists paint mix...or at least coming close. I know myself once I paint limbs, if I had to strip my own down, I cannot rematch exactly so I end up redoing all them. I think it lays in the layering...and if I forget a layer or how I painted a baby weeks ago, I just cant. It can be done though. I hope you find what you want, shes really a nice baby.
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Just my opinion but she's so gorgeous her face.....I wouldn't touch her ;)
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I agree. Only my opinión too, but I think her limbs aren´t bad. :heart: :hug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

She is beautiful the way she was sculpted, changing her will devalue her!!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I love her as is too :heart:

I boought a doll from a reborn artist who had bought a painted head and put it with Adrie Stoet limbs she painted. I love the doll and she is a keeper but she's never skimpily dressed

Having said that there are probably people about who would tackle and make a good job of the task
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello