Very disturbed!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Lori JR

Re: Very disturbed!

Post by Lori JR »

Wow thank you for the heads up! I did not know this ebay seller was a member here and have been watching one of her babies to buy, so I could have twins. Although it is not an unethical practice to flip items, leaving retaliatory feedback speaks volumes. For that reason alone, she goes on my list of 'never to interact with.'
Sorry about your baby Donna. :foryou:
Last edited by Lori JR on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I do not believe they are the same. But am not sure. It is her doll she can do what she wants. But for the record, on the feed back she said it was a trade... It was not. I sold him to her.
D
Dion

Post by Dion »

DonnaB wrote:I do not believe they are the same. But am not sure. It is her doll she can do what she wants. But for the record, on the feed back she said it was a trade... It was not. I sold him to her.
D
I think that the feedback may have been unintentional. When you open up the feedback page to leave feedback for someone, it is already set on "neutral" and "trade" and you have to actively change it to put in positive feedback.

As far as "flipping" dolls, I don't know if anyone does what I like to do, but I usually make the price reasonable or low so that someone who wouldn't normally be able to buy a doll might have a chance. That goes for reborns and silicones, etc. It is sad to see someone say that they "LOVE" the doll and then sell it immediately. Many times there were others that would have loved to have the doll, but didn't get the chance, because the buyers that have flipped dolls on me, were lightening fast buyers. I also have a VERY long list of people that have been rude, didn't tell the truth, broke promises, flipped the dolls that I sold them more than once, never leave feedback, very poor communication, etc., and I won't work with them again. There really isn't any excuse
for any of these behaviors. I am adding this person to my list and won't buy from or sell to her either :( .

:grouphug: Dion
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Dion wrote:
DonnaB wrote:I do not believe they are the same. But am not sure. It is her doll she can do what she wants. But for the record, on the feed back she said it was a trade... It was not. I sold him to her.
D
I think that the feedback may have been unintentional. When you open up the feedback page to leave feedback for someone, it is already set on "neutral" and "trade" and you have to actively change it to put in positive feedback.

As far as "flipping" dolls, I don't know if anyone does what I like to do, but I usually make the price reasonable or low so that someone who wouldn't normally be able to buy a doll might have a chance. That goes for reborns and silicones, etc. It is sad to see someone say that they "LOVE" the doll and then sell it immediately. Many times there were others that would have loved to have the doll, but didn't get the chance, because the buyers that have flipped dolls on me, were lightening fast buyers. I also have a VERY long list of people that have been rude, didn't tell the truth, broke promises, flipped the dolls that I sold them more than once, never leave feedback, very poor communication, etc., and I won't work with them again. There really isn't any excuse
for any of these behaviors. I am adding this person to my list and won't buy from or sell to her either :( .

Dion as someone who waited three years to find her dream baby (silicone) I appreciate people like you and the person who sold her to me. I do the same thing I try to be fair so others can have a chance as I have been in the place where I couldn't even buy a used reborn let alone anything else.

I think what's so sad is there are probably a bunch of people who would have loved to have Elliot as a dream baby just as I did Ellie
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
siliconen wil

Post by siliconen wil »

:hi ya:

oh what a mean people in this world
i don,t understand eather why she can stil asllep
i won,t sleep if i would do that
that is very dishonest

she takes a profit but i hope nobody want to buy him

then she has not what she want more money then she giving for

what is going on with some people here on the world

i am sorry for you that this is happended to you

hugs wil
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

Dion wrote:
D

That is true Dion...it does automatically come up that way and you have to change it....that is how I ended up with one neutral..you can tell by the comment left. However...the person leaving feedback can correct it if they want to. I contacted my buyer (this was sooooo long ago) and she never fixed it...though I am sure it was unintentional. Maybe we need a post about how that works? :dunno:

will add that I try to treat my dolly friends differently than the doll community at large....I do not believe in scalping! and I want to deal fairly and honestly wherever I deal...but I just try to help out dolly FRIENDS :grouphug:
If I have a highly sought after kit and i am willing to let it go because we need money....I often will list it on ebay for what I paid with no reserve...then if it is wanted badly enough by someone to duke it out with another buyer :bringiton: and pay more...I will take their money :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
TheOriginalBecca

Post by TheOriginalBecca »

This post is so relevant to how I've been feeling. I almost posted a very similar topic the other day but was too afraid. That is one thing really bugging me about the dolly world lately...people just trying to profit :( it's really sad. For example, I just saw someone sell a reborn recently for nearly over twice what they originally paid for it...it was a lot of money. It made me sick. I know it's someone right to sell something for however much they want, it just bothers me personally to see transactions like that take place, especially when a buyer probably doesn't know they're paying more than the current owner did. Now, if it's a very rare doll, such as a very limited silicone edition, I can sometimes understand the value going up.

I guess in the end what matters is how badly someone wants something and how much they're willing to pay...I still despise it, though, and it leaves a bitter filling in my gut to see someone whose only looking to line their pockets.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. That's so very sad. I had actually been watching her Zoe by Claire "Tayler" before all of this just to see if she happened to sell. Such a gorgeous baby she is, but I don't think I would ever buy her now that I know what the seller is doing. None of this sits right with me, and I loathe the fact she took advantage of your kindness. I'm so sorry.

Don't let her get you down. Where there's greed, there's karma too! Feel better and remember that not everyone is like that. Sorry that she hurt your feelings. Sending love your way :hug:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

They can sell it for whatever they want. It is now theirs to do with what they will.
That doesn't mean I agree with it though.
I once got blasted by an artist for trying to sell one of her dolls I got second hand for less than I paid!
I only put in the auction what her dolls generally sell for so that people could see I was taking a loss.
Little did I know there are lots of "rules" when listing a doll :roll:
Anyway, I digress...
What I don't understand how they manage to make a profit when most of us take huge losses on our dolls?!
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

jenlovesdolls wrote: What I don't understand how they manage to make a profit when most of us take huge losses on our dolls?!
and honestly..for me...that is a big part of the rub.... :oops:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Meg

Post by Meg »

There is never an excuse for rudeness....a simple "thanks! He's here!" Does a lot to set your mind at rest when you send something out. Communication is vital, a lot of us dont spend the money made from a doll sale until we know the buyer is happy and will even hang onto a doll that's selling if someone shows interest but doesn't get back to you....I am in that boat right now! How long do you wait for confirmation?! It's just not fair.

As for the price, yes, I would be a little miffed, but in the long run, you can sell for what you want. The price of a doll is subject and relevant to the price in your mind and that in the buyers mind. If those match, it's a go! Price hiking is common, but that doesn't make it polite. Sadly, money is the biggest motivator in life these days. It's sad.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Lori JR wrote:Wow thank you for the heads up! I did not know this ebay seller was a member here and have been watching one of her babies to buy so I would have twins. Although it is not an unethical practice to flip items, leaving retaliatory feedback speaks volumes. For that reason alone, she goes on my list of 'never to interact with.'

Just out of curiosity, is this the same Marie Michelle that was a member here years ago? I think that MM made doll bodies? :dunno:
D

well that name is who is selling your Elliot.. MiaMariemichelle
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I do not know if they are the same person. I do not know where michelle marie lived.
D
kd

Post by kd »

My friend's friend asked the seller of Elliot what number the doll was. The seller told her #23.
DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

The photos on ebay are my el. The one you receive may not look like this one.
D
kd

Post by kd »

DonnaB wrote:The photos on ebay are my el. The one you receive may not look like this one.
D

That is the EL you sold the current owner? But yours was not #23? OH....well, perhaps the seller/owner has more than one EL.
Michelle Loves Dolls

Post by Michelle Loves Dolls »

Lori JR wrote:Wow thank you for the heads up! I did not know this ebay seller was a member here and have been watching one of her babies to buy so I would have twins. Although it is not an unethical practice to flip items, leaving retaliatory feedback speaks volumes. For that reason alone, she goes on my list of 'never to interact with.'

Just out of curiosity, is this the same Marie Michelle that was a member here years ago? I think that MM made doll bodies? :dunno:
:hi ya: Lori It wasn't me I haven''t sold or bought dolls in few years. I haven't been on dollfan in a long time I actually took a break from dolls i occasionally sew clothes bodies and bunnies.
BTW I hope you are doing well.

I think the buyer should have contacted Donna to at least let her know the doll arrived safely.

There is always going to be someone who buys cheap sells high to make a profit but that how is the world goes anymore takes the fun right out of collecting anything at least for me that is.
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

Michelle Loves Dolls wrote:
:hi ya: Lori It wasn't me I haven''t sold or bought dolls in few years. I haven't been on dollfan in a long time I actually took a break from dolls i occasionally sew clothes bodies and bunnies.
BTW I hope you are doing well.

I think the buyer should have contacted Donna to at least let her know the doll arrived safely.

There is always going to be someone who buys cheap sells high to make a profit but that how is the world goes anymore takes the fun right out of collecting anything at least for me that is.
Oh gosh, hiya Michelle! :hi ya:
After I thought about it, I figured it couldn't be you. Only the name was the same lol :lol:
Good to 'see' you!! :foryou: It's been over ten years since we've talked! Do you still have your impish Chyle baby? :baby:
I'm going to edit my original post as I should have done days ago.
Big hugs!
Lori JR
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

It looks like the seller has had some non paying bidders. Both her Elliott and Zoe sold but were relisted shortly after the sale.
Hugs,
Nadia

Michelle Loves Dolls

Post by Michelle Loves Dolls »

Yes Lori I still have her she still my favorite beside Cathes Camille Chyle baby.
Still a big of Michelle Fagan fan.
I have often thought of ladies who touch my heart or spirit in one way or the other like you Prudy Cathe, Janb, Birdie, Nola and many others.
I spend my time on Facebook keeping in touch with my kids since we are now in five different states my life has changed since we moved to Kentucky have had some health issues recent one was I had my gallbladder out and the used titanium staples which I'm allergic too still having issues seeing a new surgeon in a few weeks th to discuss removing them but from what I h ave been reading it doesn't have a very good outcome cause I could h ave even more problems.
All I can do is pray for miracle. Sad part is he was told of my allergies to metals and had to have it removed from my neck in 05 then had to have 2 more surgeries to have Cobalt removed from my ankle when I shattered it in 06. In 2010 for my last neck surgery the neurosurgeon took my titanium allergy seriously and did research and use biodegradable porcelain plate and screws. They use that in babies and children and was the first adult he had ever did.
10 weeks later I'm still sick and struggling.
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

So sorry to hear of your health problems Michelle, hopefully the doctor can change out the staples without causing you any more harm. :foryou:
Thank you for the update and I will be praying for you! This getting older is for the birds lol :lol:
Hope Miss Prudy is doing well.
I've since divorced and moved as well, still in Texas, but now on the Mexican border. Mom has advanced Alzheimer's and had to recently relocate her to a nursing home. Hardest decision ever! Oh how I wish they would find a cure in my lifetime. It is a long, drawn out, painful process for our loved ones. :heart:

Yes, I see Elliot has been relisted, didn't know he sold wow. :shock: