eye question

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MicheleSCN

eye question

Post by MicheleSCN »

I know this should probably go in Creative Play, but wondering if anyone knows.....can you use 20 mm oval eyes in a kit that asks for 20 mm eyes? I just wondered if they would fit in the sockets the same way? :dunno:

Thanks in advance! :foryou:
nonnikaycarolyn

Re: eye question

Post by nonnikaycarolyn »

In my experience, it depends on the sculpt. Some eye sockets will not accept the oval eyes, although you may be able to insert them after heating the vinyl. I have never tried heating the vinyl, so not sure if that will work or not. Hope this helps...
MicheleSCN

Post by MicheleSCN »

Thanks...it would be for the Crystal sculpt by Donna Rubert sold by Bountiful Baby.....I hate to buy oval eyes if they aren't going to fit but the price is soooo good! :)
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Hi! Why don't you PM Bountiful baby on here to ask about the eye? Maybe that would help?
MonikaS
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

I have had the same question about another sculpt. I wonder why they don't tell whether the kit can take oval or only round eyes?
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

I always go up a size when using oval eyes
misteeIrene

Post by misteeIrene »

Let me know what you find out, was thinking about getting her :foryou:
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

I think all kits now days have round sockets, but just FYI, oval eyes are measured the long way. For example, if you have 20mm oval eyes they are 20mm horizontally and a little smaller vertically. Also, the iris of oval eyes will look the same size as the iris in one size smaller round eyes. So there will probably be too much white showing if you put a 20mm oval eye in a 20mm round socket, unless you are using a German glass oval eye with the large iris which I'm not sure if they make those?
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I have used oval glass eyes ...they are not as thick..so I usually put a wad of cotton in the socket firrst...I insert mine from the front while the vinyl is hot...but Crystal has very ROUND eyes..I am not sure they would work on her :dunno:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

Interested in BB ' s reply...I wonder if they use them for the closed eyed reborn dolls when they open the Eyelids. :heart:
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

bornanna wrote:Interested in BB ' s reply...I wonder if they use them for the closed eyed reborn dolls when they open the Eyelids. :heart:
they work really well for that Priscilla Anne :wink:
Dolly Hugs JaNan
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

I have a pair of oval eyes I bought YEARS ago as I can never get them to work.