Layaway with ebay/paypal? Any advise please

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MonikaS

Re: Layaway with ebay/paypal? Any advise please

Post by MonikaS »

There is another post made about the same topic made on the day you made yours.... Maybe they can help you!
MonikaS
jenlovesdolls

Re: Layaway with ebay/paypal? Any advise please

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I posted about this earlier, and everything I have read says that ebay/paypal do NOT cover you or the buyer when doing installment plans.
Ebay doesn't really allow it actually.
I have seen plenty of auctions that have it in their descriptions, but you are taking a risk.
My buyer made the arrangement with me outside of ebay, so it had nothing to do with ebay.
I was just curious how it works because I have had people ask and I can find nothing in ebays terms saying that they supports this, or protect either party when doing it.

Some add the paypal credit option, but the buyer would have to qualify for the credit (if they don't have it already) but as far as setting up a payment plan through ebay there is not a legit way to do it.

For me we spelled out the terms and I drew up an invoice with all the terms on it, and the buyer agreed to the terms and payment plan on the invoice.
Are either of us protected through paypal for those payments? I can't find any conclusive information on it, so it is a gamble.
For my buyer, I trust her, she has excellent feedback. The sellers she did layaways with left her good feedback, so I went ahead with it.
I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

I know a few ladies on here do offer layaways in their descriptions, but how they do the payments I am not sure of so maybe one of them will post here if they see it.

Here is the link to the topic I made about it...maybe read through and see if any of it helps?
http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=356133