My newest obsession...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jenlovesdolls

My newest obsession...

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Does anyone else collect Disney things?
I am a sucker for Disney stuff, I love the stuffed animals, and I love the movies.
My newest obsession is the tsum tsums...I find them irresistible!! It also helps that they are relatively cheap haha

Tina

Re: My newest obsession...

Post by Tina »

We got a couple while we were in Florida, I have the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and my daughter has Alice, we have them here in the UK too, they are very cute. X
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

I love Disney, too! My favorite is Beauty and the Beast. I don't collect things on them though I love them. Just no space.
MonikaS
Dion

Post by Dion »

:D I do have the Beauty and the Beast dolls, but that's pretty much it. I DO love Disney dolls and stuffed toys, but can't let my head go there, as I have too many dolls and dolly paraphernalia to collect anything else! I love your collection, though, Jen. :foryou: Hugs, Dion
irish0182liz

Post by irish0182liz »

Hi!

I'm a Disney Pixar and Disney everything!! I love them they are so awesome!!
Love liz
desiree_artsydoll

Post by desiree_artsydoll »

I LOVE the tsum tsums. I cant wait for my trip to disney in june, this post totally made me freak :)
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

LOL
I got most of mine at the local Disney store.
The first Tuesday of every month they come out with new Tsum Tsums.
I try to get down there same day because some have sold out within a day!

I really love these things!!
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

These are my newest obsession too! How funny that I opened the post to see this! :lol: I didn't really collect Disney before this, but I had to have the Tsum Tsums! I have around 20 so far. Trying to limit myself to my very favorites since they have at least 100 different ones by now and they keep coming out with more!

Just wondering where you got the 100 Acre Woods friends ones since they don't have them in the US? From Ebay or from Disney Store Japan? I would like to have that set, but I'm told the ones on Ebay from China are knock-offs (which I wouldn't doubt), but they are more costly to bring in from Japan.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
MandyJ

Post by MandyJ »

I've got three of the Zapf Disney Princesses Jen, Snow White, Ariel and Belle, just because they are soooo cute and articulated too :)

I also have a few Magi clip figures, again Snow White, Ariel, Cinderella and Belle oh and I got a Beast cake topper for Belle, he's just about the right size for a Beast :)

oops and I nearly forgot, I got the new release Cinderella (Lily James) by Mattel and the Fairy Godmother (Helena Bonham Carter) except Helena is playing a different part at the moment, that of Pamela Stephenson as Lorelei Ambrosia from Superman III :D

Mandy XX
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

EmilyJ wrote:These are my newest obsession too! How funny that I opened the post to see this! :lol: I didn't really collect Disney before this, but I had to have the Tsum Tsums! I have around 20 so far. Trying to limit myself to my very favorites since they have at least 100 different ones by now and they keep coming out with more!

Just wondering where you got the 100 Acre Woods friends ones since they don't have them in the US? From Ebay or from Disney Store Japan? I would like to have that set, but I'm told the ones on Ebay from China are knock-offs (which I wouldn't doubt), but they are more costly to bring in from Japan.
I don't trust most of the ones on ebay. I have bought a few and they were legit.
The ones that did release in the USA I know they were able to buy them here so when they say they got them direct from the Disney store I tend to trust it.

The ones I bought that were Japanese exclusives I did buy from Japanese sellers and they are legit, so I got lucky there. I checked the feedback all the way around and there were no red flags.
I won't buy from ones that only have a stock photo, and all the ones with chains attached are fake. Also, if it is a character that was never officially released, it is for sure a fake.
With real photos you can look at the top and see if there is a tiny hole where the chain was snipped (but that is only providing they show the top) I don't take my chances on those.

Now the ones you cannot get in the USA because they are Japan Disney store only I used the shipping service called "From Japan" http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/
Japan Disney store will not ship out of Japan, so "from Japan" orders them for you, sends you a total for the items, you pay...then when they get the items, they send you another invoice so they can ship them to you.
It took me a while to figure it out, but in the end I bought 14 tsums, and with the conversion, shipping from disney to them, them to me, plus their fees each tsum averaged out to $7.34 which I thought was great considering you would pay more than that on ebay. With tax I pay about $5.35 each here at the local Disney store, and ebay you can pay anywhere from $12-$35 with shipping depending on the character and how popular it is. Another sign it is surely a fake is if the price is really low, most will not sell legit tsums for under $10 in my experience.

All the other Pooh characters that aren't available here are on Japan Disney store site (except Gopher :( he is sold out)
If you decide to use them and need help figuring out the site let me know, I am a pro at it now haha!

Next month Little mermaid is releasing in the USA, cannot wait!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Those are very cute Jen... I am out of space..
but, they are way cheaper than dolls for sure.. :D
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

They are super cute!! :heart: :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Thanks Jen. I was thinking about using the From Japan service, but what I didn't realize is that the Disney Store in Japan keeps the Tsums on their website even if they are sold out. :? So it turns out that alot of the ones I wanted to get are sold out! Well, scratch that idea. LOL! I guess now I have to decide if I should risk buying the knock offs from Ebay or wait and hope they release them in the US someday......

I saw the Little Mermaid ones are coming out for May. I may go over to the Disney Store and take a look at them, but I'm not completely sold on that set. The ones that I'm really hoping they will bring to the US are the Monsters Inc ones that they had in Japan for a short time. I also hope they do Lion King and Finding Nemo! :D

jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

EmilyJ wrote:Thanks Jen. I was thinking about using the From Japan service, but what I didn't realize is that the Disney Store in Japan keeps the Tsums on their website even if they are sold out. :? So it turns out that alot of the ones I wanted to get are sold out! Well, scratch that idea. LOL! I guess now I have to decide if I should risk buying the knock offs from Ebay or wait and hope they release them in the US someday......

I saw the Little Mermaid ones are coming out for May. I may go over to the Disney Store and take a look at them, but I'm not completely sold on that set. The ones that I'm really hoping they will bring to the US are the Monsters Inc ones that they had in Japan for a short time. I also hope they do Lion King and Finding Nemo! :D
Ok I just learned the trick to figuring out if a tsum is available on Japan Disney site...if you see this (note the red box with the tiny circle with the x in it) That means it is sold out:

When you see this (see the green box with the circle and the cart icon on the bottom) that means it is available:

The monster inc ones came in a huge collector pack, no idea if they will ever do a series here though...I know some sell just those but you have to be careful as there are TONS of fakes.
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Yeah, that's what I figured out too. Most of the ones I was thinking about getting are sold out. :(

They did have the Monsters Inc ones in that candy pack too. I'm sure they will eventually come to the US. It is just a matter of when.....