have you used global shipping program on Ebay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
violet

have you used global shipping program on Ebay

Post by violet »

I would like to know if you have used it and if you liked it. I see there is a fee but I'm not sure the amount? If you can tell me your experience that would be great.

:heart: Violet
CaliforniaMel

Re: have you used global shipping program on Ebay

Post by CaliforniaMel »

violet wrote:I would like to know if you have used it and if you liked it. I see there is a fee but I'm not sure the amount? If you can tell me your experience that would be great.

:heart: Violet
Not as a buyer. I have as a seller and nobody has complained yet, but I've only used it shipping to Canada and I think the fees there from the US (even using Global Shipping Program) are lower than in some countries?
Image[/URL]
azbaby_Laurie

Post by azbaby_Laurie »

I sold a doll to a lady in Greece and she preferred to use global shipping. She pays the shipping and customs fees up front and says that she thinks it moves through customs much faster.

Laurie
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

As a buyer I wouldn't want to use it. They overcharge on shipping and I have spotted with smaller ticket items they are charging customs on items which fall below oir thresholds. I have actual not bought several items because of this.

Jo in the UK
Aleenesbabies

Post by Aleenesbabies »

as a Canadian buyer I hate it, and avoid buying from anyone who uses it..we end up paying twice what we would with usps, they add import fees on everything,,nothing but an ebay scam..edited to add..custom fees are charged on items we don't usually pay on..i request usps or don't buy :evil:
Jolee

Post by Jolee »

Both as a buyer and a seller, and it worked out great for me. I didn't find the fees to be any more expensive than when I buy anything else from the U. K., and the shipping time was a lot faster. In fact, I got the doll quicker than I would have if I had bought her from someone on the west coast. As a seller, it's the only way that I will sell internationally. In order to ship overseas, we have to make a special trip to the P. O. This may be okay once my husband retires, but for now, it's rather inconvenient.
19debra

Post by 19debra »

Aleenesbabies wrote:as a Canadian buyer I hate it, and avoid buying from anyone who uses it..we end up paying twice what we would with usps, they add import fees on everything,,nothing but an ebay scam..edited to add..custom fees are charged on items we don't usually pay on..i request usps or don't buy :evil:

I agree. I will never buy from anyone that uses the global program. Cost me twice what it should have.
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

I have used it as a seller and it was so easy, much better than arranging an international delivery. Having said that I too as a buyer have avoided buying items due to high charges, often more than shipping and actual charges we would get.
alienor

Post by alienor »

as a buyer, never never never ! too much customs fees :? if we are lucky, by the classic shipping way, maybe no fees, but with global, it's always, just like with UPS or fedex
solnaoriginals

Post by solnaoriginals »

I never buy anything that is sent using Global shipping. I don't know whose idea it was, but from a buyer's point of view it was a bad one.
KaZa

Post by KaZa »

As a buyer, I never buy items shipped with Global shipping. I'm in Russia - we don't have any customs fees if the item price is below 1000$, but the Global shipping adds customs fees to everything.
Mark_Haysman

Post by Mark_Haysman »

The main issue I have with the GSP is that they OPEN ITEMS to repack them. It doesn't happen to every item, but I've now had it twice (once with a Masterpiece doll), where the seller has packed an item very well in a large box, and it's come to me in a small box with all the packaging removed, to save size and weight. Add to that what others have said about overcharging for customs fees, and I try and avoid it at all costs.

I didn't think opening a customers parcel to repack it was legal, but if you read the small print on the eBay site, it's in there plain to see.

Mark.
LittlePrairieNuggetsNursery_lois

Post by LittlePrairieNuggetsNursery_lois »

As a buyer, I hate it.

First we pay for shipping to the hub in Kentucky(?) and then on to here, whereas we used to pay for it straight through. Then we're charged customs fees on items we'd never pay them for normally. Pitney Bowes is making a killing. I avoid anything sold using it unless I absolutely have no choice.
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

Yes and it's wonderful! I have shipped several times through them! One time I had a gal try and claim she never received the baby to get refunded but ... If the package makes it to the global shipping in the USA then you will be safe...but in this case they did track it to her and the gal was trying to scam for a free baby. I was safe and so was the shipping party!
alienor

Post by alienor »

thanks for your signature, I was searching this text since along time and did not found on the net
DF is DEFINIVELY THE BEST PLACE :-):-):-)

Post by LittlePrairieNuggetsNursery_lois »

alienor wrote:LittlePrairieNuggetsNursery_lois

thanks for your signature, I was searching this text since along time and did not found on the net
DF is DEFINIVELY THE BEST PLACE :-):-):-)
You're welcome alienor! :hug:
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

solnaoriginals wrote:I never buy anything that is sent using Global shipping. I don't know whose idea it was, but from a buyer's point of view it was a bad one.
I agree with this and am actually pretty surprised that ebay is scr*wing buyers now too. :mrgreen: They have made a point to over-cater to buyers for a long time now in an effort to keep up their numbers and keep people buying. They don't need to court sellers nearly as much, as there's always someone who wants to sell something and always will be. I'm not complaining, as I'm a frequent buyer on ebay too (in fact I buy much more often than I sell), just an observation.
Image[/URL]