Diapers

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jenmomof5

Diapers

Post by jenmomof5 »

Hello!
I have been reading lately that the disposable diapers are not good for our vinyl babies.
Does anyone have good suggestions for alternatives that are safe to use that wouldn't be bulky?
Thanks for any help,
Jen
ttulsajess

Re: Diapers

Post by ttulsajess »

I make simple cloth diapers. They aren't anymore bulky than disposable.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I also make simple cloth diapers for all my dolls... not as bulky and can have matching materials of all kinds. Pattern is simple. Very busy at the moment with husband's medical needs -- but can send you the patterns if you want. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

LOL Many of my babies enjoy going commando. Absolutely NO bulk then! LOL ;) ;) ;)
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Sally - USA wrote:LOL Many of my babies enjoy going commando. Absolutely NO bulk then! LOL ;) ;) ;)

You crack me up, Sally!! :lol:
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

Thanks to all who replied! Ruth, thanks for the pattern offer, but alas, I have no ability to sew! :lol: Has anyone tried the packaged Gerber cloth diapers? Or anything similar?
Have a great Holiday weekend everybody!
Jen
dol4rob

Post by dol4rob »

I actually saved a few of my son's newborn disposables...and they turned brown inside...Ew..oh, they were 17 years old after all LOL I don't leave disposables on my silis...to be safe, plus I think they keep pressure on their leg creases and tummies...so I bought some cute colorful cloth diapies, that do have liners, but without the liners they are thin enough to not cause pressure stress etc.
Also I have used the Gerber cloth...they are stiff if not washed and softened...I don't keep the colored versions on my silis either! Geesh...I guess I am over protective of my babies LOL
lauren_211

Post by lauren_211 »

dol4rob wrote:I actually saved a few of my son's newborn disposables...and they turned brown inside...Ew..oh, they were 17 years old after all LOL I don't leave disposables on my silis...to be safe, plus I think they keep pressure on their leg creases and tummies...so I bought some cute colorful cloth diapies, that do have liners, but without the liners they are thin enough to not cause pressure stress etc.
Also I have used the Gerber cloth...they are stiff if not washed and softened...I don't keep the colored versions on my silis either! Geesh...I guess I am over protective of my babies LOL

I would be the same way!

When I found out that denim makes their fingers and toes turn blue, I immediately got rid of those colors. I have but maybe 2 pieces of that color left, but I only leave them on the baby for 2 hours at the most. Lol. What can I say, I would feel EXTREMELY guilty if I let that happen to any of my babies :(