make me laugh..Giveaway!! Winner!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
tovisbabies

make me laugh..Giveaway!! Winner!!

Post by tovisbabies »

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and join Jenny with a giveaway! I have this lovely vintage type baby quilt, handmade! crib size with appliqued baby buggy on the front. tan colored flannel on the back.

Just share a joke or funny story on here to enter...I will keep this open until Sunday evening!

WINNER IS DEBI REBORN CLASSICS!! THANKS FOR THE FUN EVERYONE!!

tovi
Last edited by tovisbabies on Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MonikaS

Re: make me laugh..Giveaway!!

Post by MonikaS »

There is a little boy, that goes to a sitter who has a new pup. The puppy is learning to ask for her biscuit by barking. One day the little boy is at home, and says "I want a cookie." His Mom asks him "What do you say?" His said "woof." This is a real story which I thought was cute. :lol:
MonikaS
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Our 5 year old grandson asked me 2 weeks ago when he was here visiting, if I knew what made lightening bugs light up? I said, what makes them work, Colin? He says Grammy they have flashlights in their butt & they turn their lights off & on, they work on batteries. I said, do they use Duracells? He said, yes, probably, cause they are the best!!!

(Thanks for the giveaway, Tovi!)
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are funny!
nanaglenna

Post by nanaglenna »

True story....My daughter who is an A student in school comes into the kitchen one night after school and says " Mom, what is Obama's last name?" LOL, she was 17 years old. Sometimes we call her blondy!
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

debi reborn classics

Post by debi reborn classics »

Oh I got one! It's sort of long, but it's true. lol

This was a few years ago. Our daughters were in their 20's and had their own families. We normally got together for Easter and I did all the cooking, but this year we decided to spend Easter in our trailer on our lake property. Our daughters decided to stay in the city and cook their own Easter dinner.

Ok. ..so this morning our cell phone rings. It's DD# 2 (Kelly). Here's the conversation...

Kelly: Mom, there is one thing we forgot.

Me: Yeah, what?

Kelly: We forgot that all the grocery stores are going to be closed today for Easter and now we don't have any brown sugar or pineapples for the ham.

Me: Well, I have some at the house. Run over there and get some.

Kelly: Ok. And do you have any potatoes and onions?

Me: Yeah.

Kelly: How about corn and soda?

Me: Uh,Yeah, there's a case of coke in the pantry.

Kelly: Would you happen to have any eggs and dye at the house too?

Me: Well, I have eggs but no dye.

I hear her talking to her sister in the background, then she gets back on and says...

Kelly: Shelley (her older sister) says to ask you since you don't have any egg dye, if you have any colored markers?

By this time I'm getting exasperated but sort of tickled too.

Then she wants to know about cooking the ham...

Kelly: Uh,...should we take the plastic off it first?

Me: YES! Of COURSE take the plastic off!

Kelly: *Very timidly*...And the netting too?

Me: ACK!!! Do you want me to come cook it?

Kelly: No, we're doing alright so far.

End of conversation.

About 10 minutes later the cell phone rings again and my DH answers it. It's Kelly again.

Kelly: Dad?

Dad: Yeah?

Kelly: where do we find the gizzard on this ham?

Dad: WHAT? There isn't any gizzard on a ham!

Kelly: Oh. That explains why we couldn't find it. Well, Can we cook it in the microwave?

This conversation goes on for a while and the whole time my DH is rolling his eyes.

He gets off the phone and I tell him surely they must be joking. But I say to him. "Doesn't that make you a little homesick to be up in the city with the kids?" and he says, "No, it just makes me think we raised a bunch of dumb headed kids. " :-)

I left early and drove back to the city. Went over to where the girls were. They were dying laughing and said it was all a joke and it was so hard not to laugh on the phone with us. lol

By the way, the ham was delicious!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Love your giveaway! :D thanks for doing a giveaway!
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

Now those of you that are going to the ROSE show please do not tell Richard I told this...He will shoot me :lol: :lol:
In 2008 we went out West for his retirement from GM trip . We were into the trip several days and had been just eating at fast food places.
We decide to walk to this really nice restaurant that was real close to the hotel.
I asked him what he was going to eat while walking to the place ...He looked up at the lite-up sign and asked me" What is a "Flatron steak?"
I replied a Flat-ron? I looked at the sign and said Do you mean a Flat Iron steak?
We laughed so hard that night. When the waiter came for our order we could hardly order for laughing. Now every time we see "flat iron steak" some where we will bust out laughing.
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

cindydu

Post by cindydu »

nanaglenna wrote:True story....My daughter who is an A student in school comes into the kitchen one night after school and says " Mom, what is Obama's last name?" LOL, she was 17 years old. Sometimes we call her blondy!

Teeheehee.....
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

I'm going to the show but...
I have a 1.5 year old daughter. Her grandfather has a leg amputated. Now, Alexandria is a VERY smart little girl. She was staring at his missing leg and I said "he doesn't have a leg, but he has a fake leg but it's not here.. Maybe he could have YOUR leg?"... She screamed and now every time she sees him she hides her legs. I really didn't think she would know what I was saying, in all fairness.. :trout:

Then my other daughter... She's 3.5, she is intellectually disabled and has autism. She had not spoken in a couple of months. I was donating dolls to a nursing home for nuns. Well, then invited us to lunch. During their prayer, Liberty drops a cookie and yells "AH SH*T!" :oops: :shock: She proceeded to keep yelling it while my face is bright red and the nuns stared. We haven't been invited back. :dunno:
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

love these stories!!

tovi
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

When my son, Alec, was 3 years old we were traveling and stopped at a restaurant for dinner. We ordered him the Chicken Fingers and French Fries from the children's menu. The restaurant was busy and the service was very slow. Alec was getting tired of waiting for his food and said in an impatient voice, "Where are my Chicken Arms?!" Well, he had the correct appendage. :lol:

Another story, same theme . . .

When my son, Brant, was 3 we stopped at Wendy's drive-thru to pick up some food. At the time (18 years ago) the choices for kids included Hamburger, Cheeseburger, and Fried Chicken Leg. I gave Brant the choices and asked him which he wanted. He said, quite matter of factly, "I'll take the Chicken Foot with ketchup!" :lol:
Emma Rose
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

While we're talking about kids in resturants....
When my next to the youngest daughter was little, we were in a local icecream-burger type resturant. We all gave my husband our orders and went to sit down. They were very busy (as usual) so hubby was in line for a while. We kept seeing other customers walk through the dinning room and out the back door with their food and drinks and others sit down. After asking me about her milkshake several times and me explaining the ordering process, Maggie finally yells across the dinning room to a lady carrying cups "Where's my mikshake?". She thought the lady was a waitress.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

A few years ago, my 5 yr old niece and I were playing with her new dollhouse.
I asked her which doll I could be and she said," The one that does the dishes!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you,
Angelica

~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I'm really enjoying this thread! :lol:
Emma Rose
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I remember years ago I had gone up to Cardinal Glennon Hospital to see my premature son...........my older son and I were sitting out in the lobby when two nuns go by us...............He looked up and said, Mom did you see those 2 witches? I love this post...........Hugs, KAthy
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

You Gals have me cracking up. LOL. Don't enter me in the drawing Tovi but Miss Zoe did crack me up on the phone a couple of days ago. Her Mom called me to visit while the kids were having their "quiet time" in their rooms and before we hung up, I was going to talk to each of them for a few minutes. I talked with Lance first and he filled me in on the weeks events and then Zoe got on the phone. She ALWAYS has some wild stories and would talk as long as you'll let her, most times. I told her right off that I couldn't talk a long time as I needed to start dinner soon. Then she asked what I was cooking for dinner and I told her "Breakfast". She laughed and said "you're teasing me Granny". I told her I wasn't and that I was cooking link sausages, eggs and hash browns so we were having Breakfast for dinner. Well she said she HAD to go tell Lance about this. I hear her door and then his door and she, in a giggly voice tells Lance, "Granny is cooking Breakfast for dinner. Isn't that silly?" I didn't really hear his answer but she proceeded to tell me that they had eaten Pooredge for breakfast and they were having Dinner for dinner. She just thought that was so silly, even though she did admit to having pancakes or French toast for dinner before too. She's such a fun little girl. I hope some of you get to meet her at the doll show when they pick me up on Saturday afternoon. I'm going home with them for a week with all the kiddos.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
debi reborn classics

Re: make me laugh..Giveaway!! Winner!!

Post by debi reborn classics »

WINNER IS DEBI REBORN CLASSICS!! THANKS FOR THE FUN EVERYONE!!

tovi

Tovi, thank you!!!! I'm thrilled to win this adorable baby quilt! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Hugs,
Debi