Penelope kits are here!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
chelle77

Re: Penelope kits are here!

Post by chelle77 »

Yes me too .. Just got tracking from Sandie for Anastacua :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I ordered mine from MacPherson's and have not heard any word on her yet.
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

I beyond understand the fact that getting extras with the kit helps out and I prefer kits that come with these things also, but Alicia says she did not raise the prices and included these as a gift. She says she was sculpted to have criss crossing legs. I heard Alicia is very upset over this... Now I get where you ladies are coming from but you can use the body for another if you don't like how the gifted body fits. Losing a sculptor potentially because people do not like the gifted body would be pretty sad I think. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who criticize gifts, she had paid an extra $1600 to give those.. Just my two cents
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I put her on the body just to see and I don't think it looks bad.. My opinion of course as I don't mind the legs criss crossing
I do wish that the kit was smaller in size tho as I said before. I wish that all kits would list the head circumference so it wouldn't be a surprise when you actually get the kit
TamaraLynn

Post by TamaraLynn »

The body that came with her is actually correct.if you pull her legs up they are supposed to cross and snuggle into her
VISIT ME AT KENDRA'S GARDEN Babies
"Like" me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KendrasGarden
anjsmiles Angie

I have seen some nakie photos of a finished baby someone did and used this body and once she got it all stuffed and weighted it turned out looking better in the hips area than it appeared it was going to. I am going to try it and see how it looks on my finished doll before I make a final decision about it. Regardless of if I use the body or not i love the kit and I am very glad I got 2 of them. I am so very sorry Alicia has been distressed about it all.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I do think that this is some of Alicia's best work. I'm just not fond of the criss-crossing of the legs, especially on a larger baby. I've seen enough pics of Elliot Arcello to know that it doesn't bother some, though. Here's one on Ebay. I'm glad she included some nakie pics. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REBORN-BIG-NEWB ... RTM2067267
anjsmiles Angie

The legs crossing was not a concern to me at all. I like the way she looks all snuggled up like that. It was the hips placement I wasn't sure about on this body but it seems to work okay if you use it.
Meg

Post by Meg »

I am always grateful if a body come free with a kit, it costs the artist a packet to include it and if it doesn't work with this kit, I will use it on another....I fon't like some of the bodies that I have had come with the Doll Dreams kits and some other German kits, but I am not going to complain and make someone feel bad about it. I think she looks adorable, I can't wait to get mine!
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

anjsmiles Angie wrote:The legs crossing was not a concern to me at all. I like the way she looks all snuggled up like that. It was the hips placement I wasn't sure about on this body but it seems to work okay if you use it.

Right on! Some of my fav kits have this feature but Penelope does it best! Sabrina, Sawyer, maybe even Sally to a point to name a few... :D xx
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

I love this kit Alicia if you are reading here. From the moment i saw her I was in love and bought more than one.♡
waterwaybabies

Post by waterwaybabies »

i too am delighted with the kit. really not keen on tiny newborn sculpts at all.
will give the body a go too but have one on standby to use just in case.
anjsmiles Angie

After trying 3 other bodies on the Penelope kit I have come to the conclusion that the best body for her is the one that came with her. Because of the way her hips are made and her legs are cross bent, the side legs body does not really work for her. I stand corrected on my original assessments that she needed a different body. In this particular case, the full limbs look better on the front loading body. I apologize to Alicia Toner for ever thinking otherwise.
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

If anyone has an extra kit to sell, let me know. I FOUND ONE!! Thanks