Babyclon copying kits CONFIRMED

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
ttulsajess

Re: Babyclon copying kits CONFIRMED

Post by ttulsajess »

It's very sad. It's sad for the people involved and it's sad that a company that has so much potential would do something like this. They were doing revolutionary things in the silicone world. If they'd just gone about it the right way instead of stealing, they would have gone so far.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I think the doll community keeping quiet about this in the future would be the biggest mistake since BC made the mistake of stealing sculpts.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I wish they would have admitted it when they were confronted with the obvious proof, instead of acting self-righteous and indignant. Even if they admit what they did now, it's too little too late. Then they'd also have to apologize for calling everyone else names. They could have handled this with much more class. It seems like they've dug a large hole and thrown their reputations into it. :(
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:I think the doll community keeping quiet about this in the future would be the biggest mistake since BC made the mistake of stealing sculpts.
I do understand what you are saying about not sweeping this situation under the rug, but everyone also needs to understand how upset these ladies who did purchase a baby from them at the show are feeling as well! Not every doll is in question, but it doesn't matter they are all feeling terrible about the whole situation and the fact that they do love their babies they adopted as well, but do not feel like they can share their joy without comments and rude remarks...Not to mention that they all a large investment in their purchase..They are so confused as to how to handle the situation....

1. Do they keep their baby, because they really love everything about them?
2. Will they be able to enjoy them without being judge due to the unfortunate situation that has occurred?

3. Do they file a dispute with paypal and if so, that is stressful in itself!
4. The cost of shipping the baby back and that it will be sent out of the country! The stress of that is terrible too!
5.. Will they even win the dispute with paypal and the waiting game!
6. What will the resell value be on the secondary market now verses their purchase price and BC reputation?

BC will have to pick up the pieces for their wrong doings and be accountable for their actions. If in fact, they did what they are accused of that is wrong and shame on them! .....To the sculptors who had their sculpts duplicated ....I am sorry, I can not imagine your heartache and disappointment that your hard work of endless hours was stolen and reproduced! I am not taking sides at all...just looking out for several friends and their broken hearts over this unfortunate event!....
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Jenny wrote:
lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:I think the doll community keeping quiet about this in the future would be the biggest mistake since BC made the mistake of stealing sculpts.
I do understand what you are saying about not sweeping this situation under the rug, but everyone also needs to understand how upset these ladies who did purchase a baby from them at the show are feeling as well! Not every doll is in question, but it doesn't matter they are all feeling terrible about the whole situation and the fact that they do love their babies they adopted as well, but do not feel like they can share their joy without comments and rude remarks...Not to mention that they all a large investment in their purchase..They are so confused as to how to handle the situation....

2. Will they be able to enjoy them without being judge due to the unfortunate situation that has occurred?

4. The cost of shipping the baby back and that it will be sent out of the country! The stress of that is terrible too!
6. What will the resell value be on the secondary market now verses their purchase price and BC reputation?

BC will have to pick up the pieces for their wrong doings and be accountable for their actions. If in fact, they did what they are accused of that is wrong and shame on them! .....To the sculptors who had their sculpts duplicated ....I am sorry, I can not imagine your heartache and disappointment that your hard work of endless hours was stolen and reproduced! I am not taking sides at all...just looking out for several friends and their broken hearts over this unfortunate event!....

Jenny I really feel sorry for these ladies as well. I can relate. I bought Lucy Kewy a while back and brought her to the show with me... I love her to pieces...but of course Tina is a bad word in the dolly world.
I had her in my booth... and I didn't feel comfortable with having her in the show room... Then I saw so many beautiful silicones that were sculpted by Tina... and a very nice lady told me that the baby didn't to anything wrong...and that she
has brought happiness to you and to others as well. Just enjoy her and don't worry what others think.

So just want to pass this along to the mommies who bought their babies from BC... You bought these babies loving them at the show...these babies have done nothing wrong... They are beautifully painted.
I would never post a negative comment on your thread of sharing you beautiful babies. You did nothing wrong nor did the babies you bought.

So please share them... I for one would love to see pictures of your beautiful adoptions... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

LindaBforbabies wrote:
Jenny wrote:

Jenny I really feel sorry for these ladies as well. I can relate. I bought Lucy Kewy a while back and brought her to the show with me... I love her to pieces...but of course Tina is a bad word in the dolly world.
I had her in my booth... and I didn't feel comfortable with having her in the show room... Then I saw so many beautiful silicones that were sculpted by Tina... and a very nice lady told me that the baby didn't to anything wrong...and that she
has brought happiness to you and to others as well. Just enjoy her and don't worry what others think.

So just want to pass this along to the mommies who bought their babies from BC... You bought these babies loving them at the show...these babies have done nothing wrong... They are beautifully painted.
I would never post a negative comment on your thread of sharing you beautiful babies. You did nothing wrong nor did the babies you bought.

So please share them... I for one would love to see pictures of your beautiful adoptions... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement and explaining a similar experience you had. I do hope they will share their new babies without the worries of them being picked apart!.....

*with that said....If they do decide to share their precious babies...please do not go preparing fingers, toes, lips and noses with every other sculpt to farther prove BC's guilt....it has been confirmed per Courtney's title of this post so now let these ladies enjoy their babies.
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

LindaBforbabies wrote:
Jenny wrote:

I so worry about this whole Tina Kewy thing to. I just recently had a Tina Kewy donated to me to paint and do a charity auction to raise money for Lupus. I'm worried the doll won't sell, even if it is for charity.
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Jenny wrote:

And I totally get what you are saying except that I have seen nothing but overwhelming support for the victims of BC ....or Kewy or Cindy H or whoever else. I just can't see someone coming on someone's thread and bashing their doll especially since supposedly ALL of the copied dolls were purchased before this happened since they are supposedly no longer taking orders for them. Now if people buy future dolls of BC, well that might be different. We will have to wait and see what BC comes up with. Hopefully they can learn to be totally original. If they continue to be found copying and people buy from them anyway? Well then they kinda deserve whatever backlash they might get tbh.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

It was actually BabyCLONE themselves that hijacked Tracy's thread about her new Avatar baby. I, personally, LOVE that baby and would hope that no one would say anything negative about the baby that they've purchased. I do know some ladies on facebook groups that have been a real discouragement to young girls who unknowingly were purchasing a China knock-off doll. And, while I do believe it is important for people to know that work was stolen, it shouldn't be in light of someone innocently buying their dream baby.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I don't see how a person that has bought a baby from these people could be held to blame....I felt the same way about the Kewy kits. I don't feel badly at all about having Kewy dolls in my stash because Im not the one who is the thief....I bought the kits long before Tina disappeared.

I feel the same way about anyone that has a doll by Babyclon.....the ones that lied are to blame...not the victims
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

One thing that I think needs closer inspection is that babyclon torso could easily have clay added ontop the original parts to change it up a bit. Clay will cover vinyls. Infact secrist dolls company years ago made and I think still makes a vinyl sculpting form.
Another thing I always questioned before this, and now I wonder if they can even sculpt at all... is that they had these great hands and feet, but terribly sculpted chunky / clubby limbs on some of those dolls. That just did not match styles.advanced feet, advanced heads, and advanced hands...very hard parts! If you can sculpt hands and feet you can sculpt anything well. One doll is very advanced in body composition, the all of a sudden one is very amature looking. I think it is very possible they changed up cocos torso copy by simply adding clay to change a few distinctive features up, so people would not notice or have to question it.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

That makes sense, and explains a lot!
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

I would never blame a babyclon owner for a doll they bought before this came to light.
It is almost as bad as what Tina Kewy has done on a smaller scale; they have stolen from artists and in a way defrauded some of their customers...these buyers should feel no guilt whatsoever!
That being said...unless babyclon was to apologize and reimburse those artists they copied, i would boycott and never buy from them again.

As for Tina Kewy...that criminal can never redeem herself. The amount of people negatively impacted from her deception and theft is just too great. I am so angry i let her play me as a fool She would have to win Lotto to monitarily reimburse customers and dealers. And our Df friend Krystalyn who passed away frustrated and sad over her doll can never be paid back. :(
She also erroded at the trust so many have in the purchasing and selling. The creme de la creme of the doll world crooks
Beth

Post by Beth »

jenniferwatier wrote:One thing that I think needs closer inspection is that babyclon torso could easily have clay added ontop the original parts to change it up a bit. Clay will cover vinyls. Infact secrist dolls company years ago made and I think still makes a vinyl sculpting form.
Another thing I always questioned before this, and now I wonder if they can even sculpt at all... is that they had these great hands and feet, but terribly sculpted chunky / clubby limbs on some of those dolls. That just did not match styles.advanced feet, advanced heads, and advanced hands...very hard parts! If you can sculpt hands and feet you can sculpt anything well. One doll is very advanced in body composition, the all of a sudden one is very amature looking. I think it is very possible they changed up cocos torso copy by simply adding clay to change a few distinctive features up, so people would not notice or have to question it.
Bingo!!! I add clay all the time to fill in lines/creases that look odd on a sculpt. There was this one person here that was taking parts of dolls and making silicones from them.
So we all know that can be done.
Hugs,
Beth
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

did I miss something? did Babyclon admit to the copying???

tovi
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

Never mind - didn't mean to start drama here.
Last edited by Californiateri on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teri - and my sweeties

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Californiateri wrote:I'm turning 62 in October and have decided to start drawing my SS. I told my DH that I want the first 2 checks so I can buy a FB silicone (which he surprisingly agreed to). I fell in love with Berlin from BabyClon (with the 2 open hands) when she first came out. Since she was sold out, I was planning on trying to find one on the secondary market. I'm thinking of still trying to do that - since I wouldn't be buying from BabyClon, I don't feel that I would be supporting them. But what I'm wondering is will I get "bashed" on here if I do find one and post pictures of her????
Teri...no one ever bashed Tina Kewy doll owners here...and there would be no reason to bash you :heart:
Its like the saying goes. ....what's done is done.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Ding ding...if people dont speak up then people like this will keep getting away with their dishonest ways. It is a deterent to others who do stuff like this, and would be a diservice to more innocent people who get caught in the middle.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Californiateri wrote:I'm turning 62 in October and have decided to start drawing my SS. I told my DH that I want the first 2 checks so I can buy a FB silicone (which he surprisingly agreed to). I fell in love with Berlin from BabyClon (with the 2 open hands) when she first came out. Since she was sold out, I was planning on trying to find one on the secondary market. I'm thinking of still trying to do that - since I wouldn't be buying from BabyClon, I don't feel that I would be supporting them. But what I'm wondering is will I get "bashed" on here if I do find one and post pictures of her????
I would hope not. To be honest, I have loved how cuddly their silicone is. I would consider getting one on the second market as long as it did not come from them directly and as long as the seller didn't know about the copying.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations