Who's your old dependable doll?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lolaandlilly

Who's your old dependable doll?

Post by lolaandlilly »

Do you have a doll which you change and carry around more often than your higher priced dolls because you are less stressed about doing them harm? I recently bought a reborn doll with painted hair, so I could put hats on him and mess with him, without the constant worry that I would damage him. I have two reborn dolls that mean the world to me, and would hate anything to happen to them, but the very nature of handling them, dressing etc might in time do that.

I know we have these dolls to 'play' with, but some of the fun goes from it, for example, when you comb the hair and your checking the brush for hairs, or you put clothing over their heads and worry about the eyelashes, or are fiddling to get fingers through sleeves etc.

So I thought it might be nice to let our 'go to dependable dolls' have their turn in the lime light. Maybe their not perfect in someway, but you love them and they provide that all important stress free playtime. I would love to see pictures of them.

My little playtime boy is Owen, by Laura Tuzio Ross, I bought him recently just for this purpose, but find myself very fond of him!

Last edited by lolaandlilly on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonikaS

Re: Who's your old dependable doll?

Post by MonikaS »

He is a cutie! I love the big dolls. My go to has been a mini Gwin resin. She has applied mohair that I love to stroke.
MonikaS
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

He is precious :heart:

I have a reborned AD Sugar by Jannie De Lange. I couldn't (and wouldn't) sell her as her painting has changed colour and her toes have gone brown...she is my cuddle baby as I'm not afraid of damaging her...plus she IS very cuddly

My most cuddly baby is silicone Savannah by Helen Connors...she gets lots of careful cuddles
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

This is my go to girl! I love her to pieces and she is a blast to dress and pose!

love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I love my Hazel by Rachelle Ferrell for cuddling!

She also has painting issues, so I am not afraid of holding her or over dressing her LOL. I also like to powder her down for that powdering SUPER SOFT feel. I don't powder my Alejandro, because he is worth much more.

She is also the perfect newborn size. She's so melty. :baby:
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

I do try not to handle my reborns with rooted hair too much. My go to baby is almost always my Puppi Scarlet. Her photobucket folder has 482 pictures. She is still my most photographed doll.

Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

I guess for me it would be one of my painted hair boys. Either Jamie (Noe) or Jeremy (Hannah)

Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:I guess for me it would be one of my painted hair boys. Either Jamie (Noe) or Jeremy (Hannah)

Thats a great picture of you Krystle! :heart:
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
krystleslittlemonkeys

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

~Marilyn~ wrote:
krystleslittlemonkeys wrote:I guess for me it would be one of my painted hair boys. Either Jamie (Noe) or Jeremy (Hannah)

Thats a great picture of you Krystle! :heart:
Thanks! :D :D
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com