My 1st attempt at sculpting!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Imogen1313

My 1st attempt at sculpting!

Post by Imogen1313 »

Hi Ladies!

I am very proud of myself, I decided that I would try my hand at sculpting and I proud of the outcome!
She isn't finished yet but I underestimated the amount of clay I would need so I am awaiting the next batch - but I still thought I would show you so far. . .

She hasn't been smoothed out yet - When she's finished she will be approximately 20"

*** NAKIE PIC ***

She will be a full body baby and she will eventually be for sale after I have painted her and had applied or painted hair? Do you think I would get much interest in her?

Thank you Ladies :heart: xxxx
Inspirational quote for the day: I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou
Barbydoll

Re: My 1st attempt at sculpting!

Post by Barbydoll »

Looks like a great first attempt!!!
My attempt at sculpting came out looking like the muppet "Zoe" from Sesame Street!! Not good!! LOL!!!
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

I am in awe of anyone who can sculpt anything. Pretty sure my lump of clay would come out looking like...a lump of clay with eyes.

I really like the way you did the lips, looks like she's up to no good. ;)
Image[/URL]
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

That's a great 1st attempt! I tried it years ago, and my hubby observed the head looked just like Gary Coleman! Oh well.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

That is a great 1st attempt. Congratulations. Can't wait to see this sweetie finished.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

SharonL wrote:That's a great 1st attempt! I tried it years ago, and my hubby observed the head looked just like Gary Coleman! Oh well.
Actually...that could have really worked out! You could even have inserted a voice box saying, "What choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

I'll bet it would have sold...
Image[/URL]
Dolly Dee

Post by Dolly Dee »

Years ago my daughter showed me a head. I said,"That's the ugliest doll I have ever seen. I didn't know it was her first attempt at sculpting. My husband will never let me forget my blunder. She probably will never forget either.
Imogen1313

Post by Imogen1313 »

CaliforniaMel wrote:
SharonL wrote:That's a great 1st attempt! I tried it years ago, and my hubby observed the head looked just like Gary Coleman! Oh well.
Actually...that could have really worked out! You could even have inserted a voice box saying, "What choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

I'll bet it would have sold...
Yes that definitely would have sold! Make your own franchise! :lol:
Inspirational quote for the day: I've learnt that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did but people will never forget how you made them feel - Maya Angelou
Imogen1313

Post by Imogen1313 »

Dolly Dee wrote:Years ago my daughter showed me a head. I said,"That's the ugliest doll I have ever seen. I didn't know it was her first attempt at sculpting. My husband will never let me forget my blunder. She probably will never forget either.
Shame! Well you weren't to know :lol:
CaliforniaMel

Post by CaliforniaMel »

Dolly Dee wrote:Years ago my daughter showed me a head. I said,"That's the ugliest doll I have ever seen. I didn't know it was her first attempt at sculpting. My husband will never let me forget my blunder. She probably will never forget either.
Oh my God! Oh, honey, we parents have ALL done something like this. How are we to know...I am 150% sure you love your daughter to pieces and I'm 160% sure your daughter knows it.
Image[/URL]
Imogen1313

Post by Imogen1313 »

CaliforniaMel wrote:
Oh my God! Oh, honey, we parents have ALL done something like this. How are we to know...I am 150% sure you love your daughter to pieces and I'm 160% sure your daughter knows it.[/quote

Yes I agree :heart: :hug:
Tiffany20

Post by Tiffany20 »

Excellent :toast: . Keep up the good work :mrgreen:
My Favorite Little Boy
Andrew Helland

LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I'd really like to try my hand at sculpting too but I'm chicken. :D Yours looks great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing her finished.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Great first attempt. Keep going and she'll be super.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Looking really good for a first baby.............can't wait to see finished............Hugs, Kathy