Has anyone ever...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Angelicabeb

Has anyone ever...

Post by Angelicabeb »

Contacted someone on DF that is selling something, and you tell them that you have the money ready and waiting and they do not even reply to you!!!!????
If someone needs to sell so badly, why do they not get back to you :dunno: :dunno:
I just cannot understand the reason for it! Especially when they have read both of your PMs and still nothing :dunno:

Just feeling very frustrated!!
I try to respond to people ASAP. I only think that it is the polite thing to do :foryou:
Thank you,
Angelica

Court_LLRN

Re: Has anyone ever...

Post by Court_LLRN »

Definitely :)
HOWEVER, I have also looked at PMs with my phone, realized I would need to write a pretty long message back and decided that I would rather respond with a keyboard at my computer. So I'm probably very guilty of the same thing. :oops:
I also have short term memory loss and a very overwhelmed type of personality. I swear my brain worries about so much that I forget things SO easily. It has taken days for me to respond to someone before because my brain had put it into the "it can wait" category. :banghead:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Thank you Courtney! We all have those days for sure! you are definitely not alone. :wink:

What I try to do is then say I will get back to you ASA return home.
Thank you,
Angelica

marilyn

Post by marilyn »

this was just a discussion on here about a week ago....seems it happens all too often. :dunno:
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Yes, you're right, it does seem to happen everywhere anymore.

But thank God most people are wonderfulnto work with!!

It is just SOOO frustrating!!
Thank you,
Angelica

jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

YES, it is one of my pet peeves!!
We can see when the pm was read, and it stinks knowing they read it and couldn't be bothered to respond. Especially when you see they have been on the forums and responding to threads, but never reply to your pm!!
I too, have read it on my phone and it is so hard to respond from my phone, but I at least tell them that I will get back to them.
It is really hard to type on my phone since the screen is so small, but if I can read it from my phone, I can respond something short...if I know I can't respond from my phone I don't read it from my phone, because I know how I feel when my pm's are read and not responded to. :(
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

jenlovesdolls wrote:YES, it is one of my pet peeves!!
We can see when the pm was read, and it stinks knowing they read it and couldn't be bothered to respond. Especially when you see they have been on the forums and responding to threads, but never reply to your pm!!
I too, have read it on my phone and it is so hard to respond from my phone, but I at least tell them that I will get back to them.
It is really hard to type on my phone since the screen is so small, but if I can read it from my phone, I can respond something short...if I know I can't respond from my phone I don't read it from my phone, because I know how I feel when my pm's are read and not responded to. :(
Most of the time I don't open a PM on my phone for that very reason. But most of the time when I do, I think they are just responding back to me with an "okay" or "thanks!" but when I open it, it's a novel. :lol:
The other thing is sometimes when I'm mid-reading or even mid-replying, I get called away and can't finish the PM right that moment.
Please know I'm not making excuses for everyone else... just saying my experiences so.. guess excusing myself since I'm also guilty for it. :oops:
But I have also had many times PMed an interest for a sale and they NEVER respond to me. And next thing I know, it's sold and I've never heard back. That does bother me. :?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

This just happened to me very recently and I don't think there is any excuse especially when the item is listed and your respond within a minute of them posting the item for sale and they don't have the courtesy to respond and you see an hour later that the item was sold.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
ladyelizabeth

Post by ladyelizabeth »

But I have also had many times PMed an interest for a sale and they NEVER respond to me. And next thing I know, it's sold and I've never heard back. That does bother me. :?
Me too :( One artist posted a OOAK for sale on DF, and as soon as she posted, I messaged her several times...even gave her my Paypal id for an invoice :banghead: and she opened all of my messages, but never responded at all... if another buyer was pending, it would just have been nice to know... much later she told me it was "sold". Wasn't sure what to make of that - but I do know I won't try and buy from that artist again.

That said, pretty much all of my transactions on DF have been with very conscientious and communicative sellers.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Yeah Court I know what you mean, it does happen...but when I see the person commenting on posts and still hasn't responded to me it seems like I am being ignored :(
If they can respond to threads and not to my pm there is no excuse!

As far as the sale threads, if a person has another pending how hard is it to just say it is pending but if it falls through I will let you know?!
Or if they don't want to sell to you, just say so! Communication is everything to me, and if there is no communication I won't bother with the person again.
This day in age there is no excuse, and we can see when a pm has been read, and when you post on threads...if you can do one you can do both!