Silicone Dolls From China: A Question

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
dianareed

Silicone Dolls From China: A Question

Post by dianareed »

Hi Ladies...

I'm seeing more and more silicone dolls from China on eBay. I remember when I was taking the shuttle from the airport to the hotel for the ROSE show in July, my friend and I rode with a young lady from China. We started a conversation with her and we asked her if she was going to the hotel for the show. She said yes, she was. She had no doll with her, but there was a hefty camera around her neck. I saw her again on the show floor, taking photos of dolls, and she was on her cell phone quite a bit. Now, I'm not accusing her of doing anything wrong, but the question did occur to me: Is this how China is making their silicone babies? I remember seeing a YouTube video a while back, that was made in China; it showed how they make their silicone dolls. A man painted a release agent onto an existing doll, and then he poured silicone over the doll to make a mold. So, what I'm asking is, has China dipped their fingers into the dolly market and stolen original artists' sculpts?
judyismyname

Re: Silicone Dolls From China: A Question

Post by judyismyname »

Romie said this lady was taking pictures of her babies :(
Annette

Post by Annette »

There have been questions about someone taking excessive photos of Romie's babies at the show. Sounds like the same person.
And yes, the Chinese have been producing illegal copies of many artist's work. Unfortunately, they are cheap copies, without permission from, nor payment to, the original artists. :(
Hugs Annette
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

They have produced Rio by Debbie de Graaf in silicone and in fact it is on Aliexpress right now. All they needed was the kit. Easy peasy. Also on the photos. I KNOW they can make sculpts from pics because when I was doing some investigating and looking around for a company to make a kit for me they said I could send them photos and they can make the sculpt from my photos??? So yeah it's in the realm of possibility.
siliconen wil

Post by siliconen wil »

:hi ya:

I know that people in China copy things a lot
cell phones and now also dolls

i think everyone with a very big photocamera must leave it behind in a save so they can get it back when they go home
then the chance is less that they are copy siliconenbabies
1 because they try to copy the doll
2 because hey make cheap dolls and sell them for a lot of money

i find that they must be punished if they copy things on that way

she is ruing it for the other people who are on the dollshow i mean custumors
and the artists to afcorse

i am affraid that if this happened a lot you don,t make any pics anymore

i am affraid of that
it is just fun to take pics from dolls and then such people wil ruin it

i don,t like that chinees people why let them find by them self items to make and sell

hugs joke
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

it happened to me many years ago at toy fair. The Chinese are notorius for thieving!!!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Also on the photos. I KNOW they can make sculpts from pics because when I was doing some investigating and looking around for a company to make a kit for me they said I could send them photos and they can make the sculpt from my photos??? So yeah it's in the realm of possibility.
They must use a 3D printer to create the model then make a mould from that.
Emma Rose